Why do JK drivers never wave?

Have to say when I was on holiday in the states many, many, many moons ago (1995) me and mate stayed in Cali, Arizona ,Texas and Utah (everyone was super friendly) All you guys did good in my books :D

Reactions: Jay P
In TN, I'd say the vast majority will wave (over 80%) if they're in a TJ, CJ, etc. Modded JK drivers are pretty good about waving, too. It's the multi-tasking drivers and/or the obvious SUV replacement types who look at you like you have the plague if you give a 2 finger salute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
In TN, I'd say the vast majority will wave (over 80%) if they're in a TJ, LJ, or CJ. Modded JK drivers are pretty good about waving, too. It's the multi-tasking drivers and/or the obvious SUV replacement types who look at you like you have the plague if you give a 2 finger salute.

There’s just soooo many out here. We would have to literally wave all the way to every destination and back. Usually the nicely built TJs and CJs will wave if you wave first. It’s less than 5% out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s just soooo many out here. We would have to literally wave all the way to every destination and back. Usually the nicely built TJs and CJs will wave if you wave first. It’s less than 5% out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be really happy if 5% waved here....lol and as for Texas with so many Wranglers, well that's just greedy if you ask me lol

09074C0B-BFCF-48FA-8EF3-2DB40624D0CF.jpeg
Oklahoma is funny when it comes to the Jeep wave. I drive a YJ and just about every CJ and YJ wave and occasionally the TJ’s wave but never do the JK’s. Then I completely modified my YJ. Fenders, bumpers, winch, blah blah blah. Now just about everyone waves. I think the yuppies think it is new and cool because it looks customized. Every one else admires the work.

JKU owners are busy thinking of their angry eyes, stinger bumpers, cube LED's, mini light bars, then knowing about the wave.

JKU owners are busy thinking of their angry eyes, stinger bumpers, cube LED's, mini light bars, then knowing about the wave.
I saw a jk the other day that had a mini light bar on the bumper, a full size bar mounted above the windshield, cude LEDs mounted on the a pillars, and kc's on the bumper too.... and I just couldn't help but wonder what they need that much light for...???

I saw a jk the other day and I just couldn't help but wonder what they need that much light for...???

So they can see the obstacles (mostly twigs and branches) at night for they don't want to get their rigs scratched that much.
Does not look good with scratches when parked at the mall you know?

Reactions: StG58
So they can see the obstacles (mostly twigs and branches) at night for they don't want to get their rigs scratched that much.
Does not look good with scratches when parked at the mall you know?
yeah, nothing against lights. just funny looking on mall crawlers

I saw a jk the other day that had a mini light bar on the bumper, a full size bar mounted above the windshield, cude LEDs mounted on the a pillars, and kc's on the bumper too.... and I just couldn't help but wonder what they need that much light for...???
Maybe they need that much light coz their just blind...which is obvious when they bought a JK hehe

Reactions: Travis
There are a lot of stock or close to stock TJs in my area, including mine. But many of them go offroad and do trailriding and such with them like I do. I live in a pretty rural area though.

Have to say when I was on holiday in the states many, many, many moons ago (1995) me and mate stayed in Cali, Arizona ,Texas and Utah (everyone was super friendly) All you guys did good in my books :D
When I vacationed in New Zealand I was in a shop in Auckland and asked for change. The store owner was so polite she opened her cash drawer but found she didn't have the change I needed. She said wait one minute. I thought she was going in back to get more change but instead she left her shop while customers were shopping and no other employee, walked across the street to another shop and got the change I needed the whole time leaving her cash drawer open. The best vacation of my life and one of a few place I would move to.

When I vacationed in New Zealand I was in a shop in Auckland and asked for change. The store owner was so polite she opened her cash drawer but found she didn't have the change I needed. She said wait one minute. I thought she was going in back to get more change but instead she left her shop while customers were shopping and no other employee, walked across the street to another shop and got the change I needed the whole time leaving her cash drawer open. The best vacation of my life and one of a few place I would move to.
That still happens here.lol..not as much as maybe 10 years ago though....get out of the big cities and the people are still very friendly.(but I'm thinking that's the same where ever you go in the world)

Reactions: StG58 and 1999tj