Why do JK drivers never wave?

Because they all wave at the trails, and if you don't wave back, that's not nice :(
I hope you do wave at me on the trail if I wave at you :(

Last edited:
Sancho, what's your point?

There are more jerks in the city than in the suburbs, but considering the population difference, there are equally proportion number of jerks on both sides?

Yes, that there could be a peception issue here.

I’m not sure about you all but here in Salt Lake it seems like every other vehicle is a JK and nobody waves. Utah is a very different place. Not as friendly it seems like at times. I think the 4 doors have replaced the minivans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe they use the minivan motor in the new Jeeps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I wave at everybody and nobody waves back unless they are in a TJ. I don't care so much, but the funniest thing is for the most part in the city if I am riding my R1(sport bike) I use hand signals, so cars don't kill me, and they know where I am going, and I get more waves than anything. Pedestrians usually think I am waving at them especially if I am making right hand turns.

Reactions: MikeM and Kiwi TJ
I'll wave if someone waves at me, but rarely initiate anymore.

I’m sure in say MOAB or something most JKs wave too.

Been to Moab once. Found that most don't wave regardless of model. cuz I think you would never stop there are so many Jeeps.

I'll wave if someone waves at me, but rarely initiate anymore.

Been to Moab once. Found that most don't wave regardless of model. cuz I think you would never stop there are so many Jeeps.

I am not going to initiate a wave to be honest. It reminds me when I had a Harley back in the day and you had to wave low, unless the other guy was a 1%'er, then you just kept riding on not looking much in their direction. Don't really want to mess with a Pegan around here.. I have never really been into the group thing or club stuff. Just like to drive a TJ and enjoy the day. If someone waves though, I will wave back.

My belief is this will change as the JK/JKU owner demographic changes with vehicle age

I believe you’re right. Once they get older and aren’t the “new” Jeep, more Jeep enthusiasts will start to pick them up.

Right now though, I would say the majority of JKUs I see are just soccer mom’s driving them as a “hip” SUV.

We just returned from a 3,200 mile trip to Mount Rushmore and I noticed that almost any Jeep in 4 states waved back if they actually saw us regardless of which vintage they were driving. I can not always wave in time for another Jeep to actually see me.

Thought this may help....
wave.jpg