Why do you drive a Jeep?

UPJOHN

TJ Enthusiast
I've owned so many vehicles, but always come back to Jeeps.
I guess it's because my Jeeps can change just like the 4 seasons.
I don't do heavy duty 4 wheeling or rock climbing, but it's nice my Jeeps can take me there and back what ever weather Upper Michigan has to offer.

I've owned so many vehicles, but always come back to Jeeps.
I guess it's because my Jeeps can change just like the 4 seasons.
I don't do heavy duty 4 wheeling or rock climbing, but it's nice my Jeeps can take me there and back what ever weather Upper Michigan has to offer.
They are different in so many ways than the common cars you see on the roads today. YJ’s and TJ’s are my favorite, I don't see YJ’s on the road much. And I see only a few TJ’s.

Part of the reason I love Jeeps is because not everyone has them. They are very capable off road with lockers in stock form and easy to build for a certain desired application. And I love how simple they are.

They are like a Go-Kart with a roof (sometimes). They are just fun to drive. Not super comfortable for long trips (‘13 JK Ulmtd. Canada to Daytona) but that’s not what they’re made for. We’ve owned 4, currently 3 in the driveway.

Reactions: MikeyO
For me it's having the ability to go where needed regardless of the weather or on and off road conditions.

Reactions: MikeyO
It does everything I need; pull small trailer, cargo carrier, bulletproof engine, easy to work on, fun to modify, can go on backwoods adventures, doors off, top off, all make it just plain fun!

My girlfriend, now wife, leased a 4 door JK. I convinced her to buy the larger one due to the large amount of bags we carry to the airport for work she does with an orphanage. We had so much fun with it when we first got it, I thought we should get one we don’t have to worry about scratching or dinging. Originally she wanted the two door. So, I bought the two door TJ with soft top so she could have the best of both worlds. I really like the looks and simplicity of the TJ, yet it was new enough that I figured I wouldn’t spend my life under the hood. It’s my first Jeep and I have really enjoyed it. End of road signs are just a challenge now, they don’t really mean it. I live in the desert and I can off road on my way home from work. Mind you I drive it 95% of the time, but, yeah, got it with her in mind. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT and Jay MacLeay
We needed a rig to tow behind our motor home. We also like to rock crawl. We fully retire in about a year and a half and plan on spending a lot of time in rock crawling country. I’m not all that impressed with Jeeps if I’m completely honest, my TJ meets the above mentioned requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TJ is the Swiss Army knife of vehicles...It can do pretty much everything, go anywhere and bags of personality.
I love that I can work on it as its so simple....plus with my soft top and half doors its can look different every day of the week, from buttoned up tight in winter/rain to stripped down doorless and topless (and every combo in between)

We needed a rig to tow behind our motor home. We also like to rock crawl. We fully retire in about a year and a half and plan on spending a lot of time in rock crawling country. I’m not all that impressed with Jeeps if I’m completely honest, my TJ meets the above mentioned requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
What would be your go to if you didnt own a Jeep?

I’ve been driving my Jeep everyday since 2005.

I’d rather be driving a Silverado.
I have a Avalanche that is loaded for a work truck, never cared for the looks but with air ride, all the bells and whistles, and the tire/rim combo on it - gets me there in comfort no matter if it's a 4 hr ride or all day and mud or snow off-road. BUT- it's not half the fun of my LJ nor can it go where the Jeep can in snow, mud, tree stumps, or rocks.