Why do you think Jeep has yet to offer a V8 option in the Wrangler?

Well what most people are sold is more power when they mean more torque. And even more often it's low end torque. A Jeep that's close to 260 ft lbs around 2k RPMs makes a world of difference from my experience. And honestly having the torque without having to worry about boost pressure is really nice.
Right this second I'm driving my f250 with the Austrian designed 6.7 diesel... It has 540 horsepower and about a thousand foot pounds of torque... I think you're onto something because man all that torque feels great.

As far as in words I'm not sure how to differentiate but you've got a good point.

Well it could be either in that scenario. My Jeep has torque, but not much HP, these bigger trucks have both so it's hard to say. Even my old diesel truck with 240ish HP and about 460 ft lbs seems to really like the mountains and highway. I've only gotten on it a couple times, but at certain speeds it really shines.

I had a guy with an F150 driving very sporadically on some country roads and with a manual it's a pain to shift all the time to accommodate their driving. In any case I came up on a straight away doing about 45 mph in a 55 mph and he didn't want me to pass. I had to jump up to 90 to overtake him, but sometimes people need to be put in the rear-view. That's about the only time I really got on it in that truck, but it worked.

Well it could be either in that scenario. My Jeep has torque, but not much HP, these bigger trucks have both so it's hard to say. Even my old diesel truck with 240ish HP and about 460 ft lbs seems to really like the mountains and highway. I've only gotten on it a couple times, but at certain speeds it really shines.

I had a guy with an F150 driving very sporadically on some country roads and with a manual it's a pain to shift all the time to accommodate their driving. In any case I came up on a straight away doing about 45 mph in a 55 mph and he didn't want me to pass. I had to jump up to 90 to overtake him, but sometimes people need to be put in the rear-view. That's about the only time I really got on it in that truck, but it worked.
Man don't idiots like that make your day...Lord help .