Why does the wife always want the Jeep?

Your wife WANTS to drive the Jeep. I don't see that as an issue. Mine is now into guns and wants shoot all the time. No problem other than the cost of ammo.

Reactions: mushdogs
When my wife’s RAV4 gave up the ghost, she listed out everything she wanted in a vehicle. Everything on her list could have been satisfied with a JKU or a JL, and yet we got an Xterra that’s “her” car.
Except she always wants to drive my TJ or our sons YJ. Heaven forfend we want to drive her Xterra. 🤣
I’ve given up trying to figure out the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is the female of the species way of thinking.
I feel for ya, brother.

Reactions: ranwilrw
I bought my wife a JK. Brand new in 2013. 10 year anniversary Rubicon. Three days later we are out wheeling and I blow out my transmission.
Start acquiring all the parts for hemi swap. And here we are 6 and a half years later my Jeep finally moved under it’s own power last night. With its Diesel engine.

I agree. Buy the wife her own. Then when yours breaks down. Or goes into long term upgrades. You can always borrow hers

You have a wife that WANTS to drive a Jeep? First of all: welcome to the club. Second: shut the fuck up and stop bitching before The Universe hears you and decides that it made a mistake.
My wife never wants to drive mine let alone almost ride it, and when she does it has to have at least the half doors on. She prefers to not even drive my Yukon unless she has to and is happy to drive her E350

I would really like to jack that thing up, put some good a/t tires on it, and see what that high tech 4wd system can do.

Just the other day when I was at the local bike shop I saw a Subaru (Forester if I recall correctly) with BFG AT tires on it. I couldn't decide if it made a lot of sense or just looked like to much tire for the car. It had some additional graphics on it and my wife thought it looked like a brand new special edition direct from Subaru. I don't know, I never looked into it. All I can tell you is that people have put AT tires on Subies before.

Edit: I just did a search for 'subaru bfg at tires'. Tons of photos. Apparently this is common.

Just the other day when I was at the local bike shop I saw a Subaru (Forester if I recall correctly) with BFG AT tires on it. I couldn't decide if it made a lot of sense or just looked like to much tire for the car. It had some additional graphics on it and my wife thought it looked like a brand new special edition direct from Subaru. I don't know, I never looked into it. All I can tell you is that people have put AT tires on Subies before.

Edit: I just did a search for 'subaru bfg at tires'. Tons of photos. Apparently this is common.
Hers is a Forester also, it has an amazing traction control system, I just don't know how sturdy it would be if you started adding big tires and suspension lift to it. Also it would probably lock down the brakes if you pulled up to a rock pile and asked it to climb it, dang thing is a little too smart sometimes.

Maybe when she gets ready for something new I can have my way with the Subi.
A guy i follow on social media (projectcrosstrek if you ever find your way to Instagram) has a pretty modified (for a subaru crosstrek) version.
2.jpg

My TJ developed a death wobble awhile ago, while she was riding with me, so she hasn’t asked about driving it at all. I was putting the new ball joints in the other day, and that night mentioned to her that I had to order new rotors and pads which will be here later this week. First thing she says, “then I’ll be able to drive it again?” Lol, oh well at least she did not complain about the money I’ve spent on parts lately.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Wait one gall dang minute...you mean to tell me that we can drive these too? Not just order parts and install them? Game changer!😂

Reactions: Fargo
I have put off the stick shift / manual lesson now for 20 yrs - therefore it's always available when I want to take it for a spin . Trying to keep the miles under 60,000 for as long as I can ;)

This is simple. Do the old Zip ties around the driveshaft prank and dont tell her. when she takes it she will get around the block freaked out and bring it right back for you to fix it. Then just cut the zip ties off when your done with your build.
CURIOUS: What exactly does a few little plastic ZIP TIES do to the drive shaft / ride ?

As the drive shaft rotates the zip ties slap the bottom of the tub making a very distinct slapping/clicking noise. It only grows louder and faster with speed.