Why is it so hard to give Jeep folks money?

lowranger

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Feb 6, 2017
Kelseyville, CA, United States
Yes good hard working work ethics are getting harder to find. As for the fence, my wife and I did another 620' of field fencing with two corners and one gate. Then we took down about another 400' of old wood fencing that was all 6" in diameter wood posts every 8' with 4 wood runners between the posts. Was easier to just do it our selves.

OP
OP
mrblaine

mrblaine

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Nov 20, 2015
Quail Valley, CA
Yes good hard working work ethics are getting harder to find. As for the fence, my wife and I did another 620' of field fencing with two corners and one gate. Then we took down about another 400' of old wood fencing that was all 6" in diameter wood posts every 8' with 4 wood runners between the posts. Was easier to just do it our selves.
I arrived at the same conclusion and we did the last 200' ourselves. The 200ish across the back took wood splitter guy 4 weeks to get it done. I had Ismael dig the post holes in a day, helped him set the posts the next day, we ran all the fence and were done the third day. I just don't like doing it.

I also wasn't clear, wood splitter guy bought no materials, just labor.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
It is getting better. Someone asked about where to get an engine. SG was mentioned. I replied that as long as you understand it isn't his day job and he'll ship parts when he gets around to it, go ahead and do business with him. Took about 2 minutes for SG to jump in and say I was over exaggerating and running my mouth.
I think a call to his CO might put him on the straight and narrow (hopefully).

Hell... I know if that happened to me during my time in the Army, it would have done the same for me.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Reminds me of this.
View attachment 71099
View attachment 71100
I've contacted this guy before about Jeep parts. Most of his parts are shit and he always says they're in good condition. My friend drive 2 hours to look at a "great" condition frame that was rotting....

As for the fender picture. It was offset from the side and the entire fender wasn't even in view....
I'm so familiar with this bullshit.

Having to pester someone about a part you're interested in, and all you want is some damn photos. Yet they continue to give you this short, vague little responses. It's almost as if they don't want to sell the part to begin with. I mean money, who in the hell would want money, right?

I've been dealing with this shit a lot lately, and it grinds my gears possibly more than anything.

Like I said earlier, some people simply shouldn't be running a business.

OP
OP
mrblaine

mrblaine

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Nov 20, 2015
Quail Valley, CA
Since I've "run my mouth" as he put it, I've had several conversations with folks including a couple of shops and apparently I'm not an isolated incident. They all say just about the same exact things about him. No communication, bizarre business practices, and a fair bit of a flake. We are all fairly astounded that he is recommended so highly and so often.