Why Jeep People are Better than Regular People

Mr. Bills

Raconteur Emeritus
Supporting Member
Area Code 605 USA & Código de área 415 MX
Elvis, my Blue Heeler, had remedial orthopedic surgery today.

As I pulled into the vet's parking lot in the pre-dawn hours for check-in I noticed a blue JKU parked in back with a local jeep club decal and Smurfette lettered in purple on the hood.

When I arrived at the door I asked , Who owns the blue jeep?".
"That's the surgical nurse."
"May I speak with her before surgeries begin this morning?"
"I can ask her to phone you."

A few minutes later the phone rang. It was the the surgical nurse. I played the jeep card.

We discovered that we knew many of the same people and I learned that she is dating a jeeping friend I haven't seen since before the pandemic. Small world.

I asked her to look out for Elvis. She promised she would.

Not only did she look out for Elvis, she texted with frequent updates and sent pictures as the day progressed. At the end of the day she even gave me the names of the techs on night duty so I could check on Elvis.

Jeep people really are better than regular people.

Elvis Before Surgery 12 03 2020.jpgGetting Ready for Surgery 12 03 2020.jpgThe Surgery 12 03 2020.jpgElvis After Surgery 12 03 2020.jpg

I found Elvis on the website for a herding dog rescue in Central California. Someone had thrown him away injured by the side of the road. I was smitten by the photo and drove 400 miles to meet him. We have been inseparable for almost 4 years. He chose his own name. It suits him.

Last edited:
Cool story! I can also attest to this as well, that Jeep people are indeed better than regular people.

All the experiences I've had with Jeep owners have been people who are always willing to go out of their way to help other people. It's pretty cool how something as simple as a vehicle can bring people together.

I might also add that I've owned a lot of other vehicles in the past and been a member of a lot of other automotive forums, and none of them seem to have the camaraderie that Jeep owners do.

Elvis is a cutie, Me and Angus hope he recovers quick and it wasn't anything serious
View attachment 207704

Modified FHO surgery. His injury had healed well before I got him, and 3 different vets concurred that it should be left alone until it started to bother him. It gave him a wiggle, perfect for an Elvis impersonator.

It became an issue three weeks ago when Elvis jumped and landed funny. The expression in his eyes that night was unmistakable - fear that being hurt again meant he would be thrown away by the side of the road. It broke my heart.

Man good story... I have ALWAYS had rescue dogs!.. with that being said my oldest at work the other day when it was in the mid 20s a husky -ish dog showed up and was extremely skinny and a cut on back, long story short it’s at his place now and is the sweetest dog learning to walk on leash and has gained a few pounds!!

So I was heading out to our sledding spot with the Kids. There is a young joe still in his uniform obviously caught his front pass wheel in a snow berm and got his stock TJ pulled into the ditch with about 3’ of snow.

I pulled up as a JK was hooking up his winch. Im sitting there in my longbed crewcab F350. grabbed my tow ropes just in case. Ten seconds later a third Jeep shows up.
And we are all there to help in -10*F.