Why no Jeeps in Jurassic Park 2 Lost World?

Yasha

Supporting Member
I don't understand why the family goes on their private jet to rescue their daughter and doesn't bring a Jeep to explore the island safely. It is the superior vehicle for safe travels across Isla Sorna. Surely they could have dropped one off on a boat. Does anyone else feel they were less than prepared for their rescue mission?

What's the real problem here? You can't afford to build your own Jurassic Park private jet?

Reactions: GPK03X
You could still buy a couple on the used market, surely a reasonable expense for the trip. What else rips through the jungle? And you might get in a bit of trouble for driving a jet across the freeway (or on the rubicon trail for that matter, kinda cheating)

Reactions: TreverStevens
UTV > Jeep when Pow Pow dinosaurs.

giphy.gif

Funny, because in the book I believe it mentions they were driving a Jeep. They were on the mainland of Costa Rica though. A this point of the story, which is still a few chapters into the first book, the public did not know about the park nor cloning of dinosaurs yet. A few of the dinosaurs were somehow getting on transport ships at Isla Nublar and sneaking into Costa Rica. I am assuming the family in the beginning of The Lost World still had no idea of dinosaur clones on the Island. 🤓