Why Snatch Blocks are Awesome (video with minor TJ content)

Okay, I feel like I need to carry a book on recovery techniques with me when I go wheeling. There's some stuff in here I didn't know about, but I feel like it could be very helpful to have on hand when wheeling.

That hurt my head too :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
Thanks for posting this. Trying to figure out what I need for a recovery bag, so this is timely. The whole snatch block idea just makes my brain hurt. Double your pulling strength, I get. That also doubles the force at the block. If I understand it right, it cuts the force in half at the other two anchor points. Is that correct? I thought I remember Mr. Blain posting something about this but I have not been able to find it.

I'm getting a snatch block for my rig and whenever I pulled out it I'm going to say "SNATCH BLOCK" instantly. I just rewatched that video and forgot just how great it was!

Also me now . . . why have a 12,000lb winch when I could have a 4,500lb winch with 4 snatch blocks . . . . 🤔

Reactions: Captainchad
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
There's a video on youtube of a guy pulling his TJ backwards using a front mounted winch. I watched it and still can't make sense to myself how it works.

Edit, here it is:

Cool video for sure.

That tiny winch and Bald Tires on his TJ though...... :unsure:

Informative tho.