Why you want a body lift

Explain please 🙂

The Savvy gas tank skid has a 1" height adjustment. When we raise the rear frame up 1.25", we end up deforming the skid a quarter inch front to back. The rear is a bit higher. Mine has been that way for several years. If it is something that matters, I haven't seen it.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Would you please elaborate more on your comment about an "upgraded transfer case shifter"? I have been debating on adding a 1.25" body lift but was not aware that I would have to make any more modifications other than to install the spacers.

There are a few minor modifications you need to make with the addition of a body lift. First, if you don’t have a mml or plan to add one when you add the BL, then you will need to lower the fan shroud ~1”. Second, your gas filler tube will be too short now. You need to pull it out some from the connection to the tank. Third, you will need to re-adjust the stock TCase shifter linkage or replace it with a cable shifter. Cable shifters are nice because you can move the tub around in relation to the transfer case and everything will be happy.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
The Savvy gas tank skid has a 1" height adjustment. When we raise the rear frame up 1.25", we end up deforming the skid a quarter inch front to back. The rear is a bit higher. Mine has been that way for several years. If it is something that matters, I haven't seen it.

I thought you meant they made it easy like they had a butt crack filler they was compatible with the Savvy bumper and Savvy GTS both of which I just so happen to have. I need to get somebody who knows how to weld aluminum to fab me something up. That or take the welding class offered at the local community college.

I thought you meant they made it easy like they had a butt crack filler they was compatible with the Savvy bumper and Savvy GTS both of which I just so happen to have. I need to get somebody who knows how to weld aluminum to fab me something up. That or take the welding class offered at the local community college.

Easy in that Savvy is height adjustable to take advantage of a body lift.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck

That looks like something I would have written! 🤣
1679540623347.png