Why?!

zip04

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Why would you pour that much money into a Jeep wrangler that is 2WD?!? Also, why would Jeep make a 2WD? Brings a whole new meaning to the term "mall crawler."

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6024063702.html

2007 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED - $17900 (tampa) hide this posting
image 1 of 24
01717_kpR4FHuzhFY_600x450.jpg

01717_kpR4FHuzhFY_50x50c.jpg
00f0f_hsNqZGO7CWl_50x50c.jpg
00G0G_70hyfTAplbF_50x50c.jpg
00M0M_25glh6pzGyj_50x50c.jpg
00e0e_lozpm4b3zKh_50x50c.jpg
00V0V_6MrplbbMMWC_50x50c.jpg
00O0O_jk8L8HuvO96_50x50c.jpg
01010_l10g7WWk6EJ_50x50c.jpg
00H0H_8BrPlsVs53s_50x50c.jpg
00606_9FX79LP2vyY_50x50c.jpg
00o0o_EpnQwdv1UG_50x50c.jpg
00V0V_b5I5DvVwnBT_50x50c.jpg
00y0y_bDUnLXz9Iub_50x50c.jpg
00202_extkHwrUBRj_50x50c.jpg
00606_dCKMjus767Z_50x50c.jpg
00p0p_6XA2IX2ANHK_50x50c.jpg
01717_ejFkhDeijxn_50x50c.jpg
00909_48dwCLRCgTR_50x50c.jpg
00T0T_ldna1XCyC9K_50x50c.jpg
00r0r_9fpjZBT42aA_50x50c.jpg
00X0X_8JhrANBLgpu_50x50c.jpg
00u0u_eCRw50U3OnQ_50x50c.jpg
00202_aw5vBA2XDEb_50x50c.jpg
00A0A_3iYZwqAp4Pg_50x50c.jpg

2007 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED

condition: new
fuel: gas
odometer: 131000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

FOR SALE IS MY MINT CONDITION 2007 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED (FAST BACK)
JEEP RUNS AMAZING AND HAS NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER
HAS SOME NICE AFTERMARKET MODIFICATIONS

CLEAN TITLE
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
2WD

3 INCH LIFT KIT ALL AROUND
NEW SET OF GRAFITE ANZA BEADLOCK FUEL WHEELS WITH MATE BLACK BEAD RING
ON A NEW SET 35 INCH ALL TERRAIN TIRES
NEW MATE BLACK FRONT GRILL WITH ANGRY AYES
LED HEAD LIGHTS
EVO STIGER FRONT BUMPER
BODY ARMOR REAR BUMPER
BEST TOP TREK TOP
BRAND NEW SUSPENSION
FRESH OIL CHANGE (SYNTHETIC)

JEEP LOOKS AND RUNS AMAZING
POWER DOORS
POWER WINDOWS
KEY-LESS ENTRY
ALARM
FREEZING COLD A/C
AND MAINTENANCE UP TO DATE
ASKING $17900 CASH TALKS

The funny thing is, a good majority of the JKUs running around looking just like this one on 35's, aftermarket bumpers, led headlights, blah blah blah, have never been and never will be put into 4wd. Really tho, that is retarded. I didn't even know they made 2wd jk's.

Reactions: FTI76 and JP13
I wonder why that is?
I've wondered this too, and have noticed that most of what is happening is rich kids just wanting to have a topless/doorless vehicle and cruise around in, nothing more than that.

On craigslist here there are tons of 2WD Jeeps its crazy, I never knew such a thing existed.

I've wondered this too, and have noticed that most of what is happening is rich kids just wanting to have a topless/doorless vehicle and cruise around in, nothing more than that.

On craigslist here there are tons of 2WD Jeeps its crazy, I never knew such a thing existed.

That's odd. You'd think it would be the same in California and Texas then as well.

I knew they offered 2wd JKUs, but I seriously didn't think anyone ever bought them.

They're probably a big thing on the Caribbean islands. I saw a lot of 2wd Wranglers on a trip to Grand Cayman, but those were older ones that had the front drive shaft removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris
hell I lived in florida over 30 years theres not much rocks but more 4x4 and mudding than any place I ever been to.everyone in construction had 4x4 just to get on the job in the sand.mud bogs every fri,sat and sun every week of the year.jeep clubs every where that actually do monthly rides.i guess if you live in florida and don't see all the 4x4's you are a real mall posing mys well be in a 2 wheel drive photo kinda person that uses the jeep to get groceries.you don't have to wait to go to the mud bog at the county fair it goes on 7 days a week all over florida.go back inside your getting a farmers tan mall crawler.and oh yea I think there is some dust on your jeep

Reactions: Chris
I just threw up in my mouth.
Look at it from another perspective, that of the manufacturer. If you can provide a product that sells and is cheaper than the higher priced 4 wheel drive version, has lower insurance premiums, lower overall maintenance and is less complex to work on by almost a third, why not produce and sell it if the demand is there?
In that market, it is just a rugged looking convertible and you can bolt parts onto that doesn't need 4wd, but it still looks like those that do so you can fit in with the rest of the sheep that bought one with 4wd that never take it offroad but still bolt lots of parts onto.

Lots of rental TJs on Hawaii had the front drive shaft removed to keep the idiot tourists from going places they shouldn't. Now the rental places can get a 2wd version and not have to do the maintenance on the T-case and associated bits of the drivetrain, so it's better for them.

Would you rather see a well decked out 2wd or overhear the following conversation?
Wow, that's a nice looking JK, how much do you have in it? Oh, about 70 grand. Really? Where do you go offroad at? Are you kidding me? I've got way too much money in it to take it out and scratch it!!

Jeep did their research and the demand was high enough that they are a very viable product. Especially the 4 door versions and I could easily make the case from my own biased viewpoint that 2wd belongs on the Wrangler as much as 4 doors do. My point of view is if you want a 4 door, go buy a Grand and leave the wheeling to the 2 door versions. Just because you want to take your crotch fruit with you doesn't mean Jeep should screw up the Wrangler.

I don't really feel that way but I could enthusiastically enjoy that discussion and debate the merits thereof.