Wide Open Design

In the case of Scott Grubb's build, I wanna say he started with a brand new JL 2 door Sport, then built a rock bouncer chassis to mate to. It was one of the first 2 door JL's that I remember seeing when they first hit the market. They even kept a lot of the dash intact which turned our really cool! The last I saw this was for sale, priced at $115k.
He wanted to put a JL body on their (WOD) JC chassis. At the time WOD only offered their JC for CJ’s, YJ’s and TJ’s.

The JC frame is built for the customer who wants a Jeep bodied trail rig but with the added capability that comes with coilovers, bypasses, 14 bolt axles front and rear with all the up travel and down travel possible.

Grub wasnt able to purchase just a JL body from the Jeep parts department, it was still too new. So he went over to the sales floor and purchased a brand new JL sport. Took the body off the frame and sold the rest. WOD Put the body on their JC chassis and made the modifications to make the JL body fit.

It’s all in this thread I made:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/guy-wanted-a-jl-tub-jeep-dealers-couldnt-sell-him-one.24282/

• Love
Reactions: SvtLdr and Wildman
The guys at Wheats off-road just bought a JKU and sold the frame, engine, axles, etc and said their taking the tub to WOD. Their current rig is a JKU on ORIs and 40s so looking to see what WOD is going to do for them. The Wheats crew are friendly folks, used to wheel with them in KY

The guys at Wheats off-road just bought a JKU and sold the frame, engine, axles, etc and said their taking the tub to WOD. Their current rig is a JKU on ORIs and 40s so looking to see what WOD is going to do for them. The Wheats crew are friendly folks, used to wheel with them in KY

Damn, a 4 door JC chassis, that’s gonna be cool.