Wider Fender Flares Factory or Pocketed

Swimmer35

I'm looking at replacing my wore out flares. Any suggestions on either going with the OEM look or the pocketed style. I'd love to go with flat fenders, but they are just to expensive. Any suggestions?

I like the stock Rubicon flares to be honest. They are 1" wider than the stock base model flares and look great.

The other option is the Rugged Ridge 7" flares which are $150. They look like stock but much, much wider.

I like the stock Rubicon flares to be honest. They are 1" wider than the stock base model flares and look great.

The other option is the Rugged Ridge 7" flares which are $150. They look like stock but much, much wider.
Yeah, I need something with some width. I'm trying to cover 33" tires. The 7" flares are probably what I'm looking at. Just not sure out the Rugged Ridge OEM look that 7" wide or go with a pocket flare similar in width.

Thinking about wider flares myself because some of the places we go in the spring are muddy and have to keep stopping and spray off side windows to see. Not mud like deep mud, just muddy trails from wet conditions. I hate mud btw. As I get older for some reason I really like the stock fenders and look. Also old school and like flat fenders but they don't have the coverage I want. Going back to 33s, I don't really need the clearance for flexing when doing Moab so that's not an issue anymore. Just wish they came in the dark khaki like my stock flares, but I guess I can always paint them. Really always liked the MCE flats and they do come in a little wider version so undecided. Lots to do on this new project yet so not a hurry since winter is here in Colorado, I have time. Never ending.

Reactions: Chris
For some reason or another I am one of those guys who likes the look of the stock fender flares. This is why I like the Rugged Ridge 7" flares. They look exactly like stock flares, just wider!

Thinking about wider flares myself because some of the places we go in the spring are muddy and have to keep stopping and spray off side windows to see. Not mud like deep mud, just muddy trails from wet conditions. I hate mud btw. As I get older for some reason I really like the stock fenders and look. Also old school and like flat fenders but they don't have the coverage I want. Going back to 33s, I don't really need the clearance for flexing when doing Moab so that's not an issue anymore. Just wish they came in the dark khaki like my stock flares, but I guess I can always paint them. Really always liked the MCE flats and they do come in a little wider version so undecided. Lots to do on this new project yet so not a hurry since winter is here in Colorado, I have time. Never ending.
For the price of these, I would give them a try.

I'm definitely getting the Rugged Ridge soon. Last time I was at the beach I was getting sand thrown into the jeep even with the top on but windows were down. I also think they will improve the look somwhat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I built my own out of a pickup bed liner. When I slid down a dirt wall the flare folded up. When done I just pushed it back in place
20150528_183820.jpg
20150412_114930.jpg