Wife at it again

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Wife and I were out and about, taking care of business on Saturday. We stopped by Cabelas to look at hunting rifles and pick up a couple of small things. As is our habit, we wandered the store looking at other things while we were there. Ended up playing with fly fishing reels. Found a couple of nice one's for not much money.

Fast forward a couple of hours. We're back home going through our gear and talking about this years potential adventures. On the coffee table is various small outdoor items, including my old fly reel. Wife picks it up, and starts playing with it. After a few minutes and an exchange of small talk and banter, she suddenly stands up, walks to the front door, opens it and hucks my old fly reel across the front yard. What the hell!?

The wife patiently explains, in the way only wives and mothers can, what a POS it is and how I really need to replace it with a new one before I scare the fish or something. I go out and retrieve the thing from the front yard, wipe the water and crud off of it all the while explaining that a fly reel is only a convienent place to store your fly line, etc. She picks it up and proceeds to toss it out the front door again.

I'll be picking up a new fly reel, backing and floating fly line in 4 weight next time I'm in town. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to argue with the wife.

Oh good Lord, she'd kill me if I posted up some of the stuff we laugh about. I do respect her and love her a lot, so I try to be kind.

Haha, I can't say I blame her. I got busted for something like that once. It wasn't good!

IMG_1643.JPG

Wife and I were out and about, taking care of business on Saturday. We stopped by Cabelas to look at hunting rifles and pick up a couple of small things. As is our habit, we wandered the store looking at other things while we were there. Ended up playing with fly fishing reels. Found a couple of nice one's for not much money.

Fast forward a couple of hours. We're back home going through our gear and talking about this years potential adventures. On the coffee table is various small outdoor items, including my old fly reel. Wife picks it up, and starts playing with it. After a few minutes and an exchange of small talk and banter, she suddenly stands up, walks to the front door, opens it and hucks my old fly reel across the front yard. What the hell!?

The wife patiently explains, in the way only wives and mothers can, what a POS it is and how I really need to replace it with a new one before I scare the fish or something. I go out and retrieve the thing from the front yard, wipe the water and crud off of it all the while explaining that a fly reel is only a convienent place to store your fly line, etc. She picks it up and proceeds to toss it out the front door again.

I'll be picking up a new fly reel, backing and floating fly line in 4 weight next time I'm in town. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to argue with the wife.
That's funny! :)