Wife slams my full doors

My wife slams the door son every vehicle we've ever owned. It always pisses me off. I tell her, "You know you don't need to slam the door, all it takes is a tiny amount of force to shut it.".

I'm not trying to belittle her, it really does just bother me :ROFLMAO:

My wife slams the door son every vehicle we've ever owned. It always pisses me off. I tell her, "You know you don't need to slam the door, all it takes is a tiny amount of force to shut it.".

I'm not trying to belittle her, it really does just bother me :ROFLMAO:
That's exactly what I'm saying...I'm like honey if you use both hands and really rare back like they do on Price is Right.... Maybe you can knock the hardtop clean off the thing.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I'm saying...I'm like honey if you use both hands and really rare back like they do on wheel of Fortune... Maybe you can knock the hardtop clean off the thing.

Yep! It really irritates me. I'm not sure if you can do any damage but shutting them too hard, but I certainly don't want to find out!

You would have stopped it the first time it happened. Unfortunately because this is an ongoing problem you will just have to live with it.

I remember when I first met my wife. (Just started dating) she put her feet on my dash (in my truck) i went full blown ape shit on her. I cant stand people who do that. She has never attempted to do it again. But other things i let slide, like slamming the door she still does and i can't fix it.

I agree on the slamming the door thing. Especially with the top off, it requires a very tiny amount of force. However, most of the people riding with you are riding in other vehicles too, which require more force to close the doors, so it takes some getting used to. We’re also Jeep fanatics and, therefore, very prone to paying close attention to our vehicles, whereas almost no one with other vehicles even thinks about it.

Reactions: Zaythedad and Cole