Wife slams my full doors

My full door panels both have the little crack at the top in the same spot that I see on a lot of doors. I tell my wife that the one on the drivers side is understandable for an 18 year old vehicle but hers is from being slammed too many times. That really pisses her off but I swear it is true.

My wife treats vehicles like they are kleenex - use, throw away, and get a new one. It gets old, but I'm still on wife 1 (we need a Russian roulette emoji).

Reactions: KCsTJ
After 30+ years of marriage my fathers advice on a happy marriage rings true in my ear to this day.
Son, choose your battles.

My Father's comment on happy marriage was him saying that … "I've been married for over 50 years. 26 to that one (my mother) and 27 to that one". I have no idea if either was a door slammer.

• Haha
Reactions: Byhumba
After an ex and I broke up, her dad's words to me were :"Even when you're right, you're wrong"

He's been married for 50+ years. His daughter and I dated for 1.

... I'm not sure if you can do any damage but shutting them too hard, but I certainly don't want to find out!
It can damage them, one notable area that is prone to damage is where the window frame is welded to the top of the main door. At the surface where you rest your arm when the window is open. The window frame flexes where it's welded and it can and does crack the weld over time. That happened to my full doors

Reactions: Imapepper and AndyG
My wife does the same. Usually, though, after trying to shut it with the hard top on, and it doesn't close all the way when she shuts it normally...or, when I drop her off at the gym when she's in a hurry. In a hurry means slamming the door, usually.

Can't decide which I dislike more - her slamming the door, or shutting the door with the seat belt over the door striker...

In college I drove a Mazda pickup. If the windows were rolled all the way up you had to give it a good pull to close them. If there was the slightest crack in the window from being open, they would close by just looking at them. I was constantly fighting a losing battle with any passenger getting in and out and when those doors slammed it sounded louder than a shotgun blast.

In college I drove a Mazda pickup. If the windows were rolled all the way up you had to give it a good pull to close them. If there was the slightest crack in the window from being open, they would close by just looking at them. I was constantly fighting a losing battle with any passenger getting in and out and when those doors slammed it sounded louder than a shotgun blast.
Same with my TJ /hardtop set up .

I try to crack mine and day "easy with the door"

First Jeep ever with cabin pressure .

I have the tailgate vent , but still get some pressure ..I'm ok with that .

It can damage them, one notable area that is prone to damage is where the window frame is welded to the top of the main door. At the surface where you rest your arm when the window is open. The window frame flexes where it's welded and it can and does crack the weld over time. That happened to my full doors

I noticed that on my old TJ as well, it has a very slight crack in the weld there, but very minor.

I guess this is more of a reason for me to yell at people not to slam the doors!

Might need to find some old fashioned "caps", like they used in cap guns. Then somehow fashion them to the door latch so it goes off when she closes the door too hard.

It's a toughie...sigh.
I had a gf that didn't care about things similar to that - like banging my door on other cars in the parking lot, etc, or scratches, dents, etc. "It's just a thing. It doesn't matter. Just a thing to get from point A to B. Blah blah."

The only thing that changed her tune was when she bought a decent pedal bike (from a specialty store, not department store). She paid like $400-$500 for this with her own money (back in the fresh out of school days - that's a lot of money).
She babied it like crazy, and expected me too as well.

I then pointed out that her $400 bike was "just a thing. It doesn't matter. Just a thing to get from point A to B. Blah blah." "In fact, just a thing that was less than 1/20th the price of my Jeep too."

Only then did she seem to understand my feelings about caring for my Jeep.
I guess that was easier than starting to slam her china cabinet or putting her wool sweaters in the dryer, etc.