California Wild flowers and easy / moderate trail for beginners in SoCal

pixologics

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys do you have any recommendations to explore wildflower trails in South California. I wanted to go on easy/moderate trail to begin with.

I'm in FL now but Anza used to be one of my favorites. I guess it would depend where you're starting from and whether you're looking to do a day trip, overnight or multi-day.

Hey guys do you have any recommendations to explore wildflower trails in South California. I wanted to go on easy/moderate trail to begin with.
Last year we had a few "super blooms" that were amazing. This year seems late or non existent.

Following along though.....

Last year we had a few "super blooms" that were amazing. This year seems late or non existent.

Following along though.....
Agreed, I went to diamond valley wildflower trail (walking) not even 10% than what I saw in 2019.

Thanks for suggesting. Day trip mostly.
For a day trip your best bet is probably just heading towards the visitor center or nature center near Borrego Springs and asking where any blooms may be. May want to say you have a Jeep and aren't afraid to take a trail or two, and they might be able to offer you better suggestions than they would to the normal Prius/SUV driver.

Reactions: pixologics
Where in Anza? I'm often out in that area and would like to have some trails to hit while in the area.
When I was doing my research the best resources I found were the TrailRecon and Trailsoffroad YouTube pages. For Trailsoffroad, they actually have a great website and what works best is to find a trail that interests you then watch the YouTube video for it.

Reactions: pixologics