Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Well my TJ thinks it's a movie star...... :cool::cool: You know how they get when they have a FaceLift..... A total body REDO.. :oops:o_O;)
Usually a total body re-do, along with a body double for the close-up shots! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
  • Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Vasq
Ah shipping woes. Y'all getting a dose of my daily pain.

Yep,
I lived up there when there wasn't many options. Try getting something delivered to Barrow.....

But yes even living in the sticks I've become accustom to a more promote delivery so I am now SPOILED....

But it's more of a do what you say you're gunna do when you say you're going to.

Rick, I lost your address!

😖

PM'd you my address

Yep,
I lived up there when there wasn't many options. Try getting something delivered to Barrow.....

But yes even living in the sticks I've become accustom to a more promote delivery so I am now SPOILED....

But it's more of a do what you say you're gunna do when you say you're going to.

PM'd you my address
Barrow is easy now compared to when you were here and we abuse the postal system getting parts around this state. I shipped the back half of a Roadranger transmission to the village of Kake in the Aleutain Islands via usps because if it fits it ships. The only thing I have not used for shipping is a dog sled team.

Barrow is easy now compared to when you were here and we abuse the postal system getting parts around this state. I shipped the back half of a Roadranger transmission to the village of Kake in the Aleutain Islands via usps because if it fits it ships. The only thing I have not used for shipping is a dog sled team.

My grandparents mailed a LIVE Christmas tree to us one year. It even arrived BEFORE Christmas.

Hehehehe,
I've delivered stuff on a dog sled before.

Took 12 days to go from Michigan to WA...... Damn I think I could have done that faster by dog sled....

Screenshot (69).png

• Haha
Reactions: Blondie70 and Vasq
Didn't get anything done to the Jeep today. Did something to my back and I've been trying to get it to stop hurting all day.

Got my part I ordered back on 8 Feb finally today. Lucky for me it isn't anything I needed RIGHT NOW.

To hook up all the items that need vacuum on my engine I ordered this vacuum tree.

20210223_134959.jpg

I took last week off to try and allow my back to recover but I still am not sure what the HECK I did to it.

So thanks to @WSS he cut me a new passenger side shock tower becasue like a DUMBASS I'd welded it together wrong. But the FUNNY part of that story is that I'd welded the drivers side together at about 5AM and then had come inside for some coffee and took a short nap. When I welded the passenger side together I did it WRONG.

He'd also sent me a bunch of wedges to close off the area between the shock tower and the spring bucket.

20210301_151819.jpg

Here is the drivers side tower with some wedges closing off the area between them.

20210301_151812.jpg

And then the passenger side also with a wedge closing it off. Should work out really well and these towers allow me to run a 12" travel shock in the front.

20210301_151828.jpg

I haven't played with the rear yet but also am hoping that I'll be able to fit a 12" travel shock in the rear. That will be pushing the air bags close to their limits.

So my eye ball method was close? Man, I don't often nail it first try. I did send a few different sizes though to cover my ass. LOL

And I really appreciate all the wedges that you sent plus making me the new tower. I still look at the old one and wonder how I made such a BONEHEAD mistake. I had to check myself 3 times before I tacked the mounting tabs in place today just to make sure I didn't bugger it up again.

Good thing we have context for this...

Keep your mind out of the gutter...

• Wow
Reactions: Nickgsjeep and WSS