Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Got the pictures yesterday but crashed when I came back inside so here they are now.

As you can see it's gunna get into the curve when I chop 4.5" off the back.

20210413_193345.jpg

But I'm thinking I'll still need the filler like @Alex01 did but it'll be at an angle.

20210413_193349.jpg

ya it'll just be a stubby, some depth without much length. i think you'll be able to trim a set into what you need.
package left today.

I really appreciate this. Wish you were closer so I could pick your brain on other stuff and swap ideas and stuff with you.

PM me what I owe you for the shipping.

Reactions: Alex01 and B00mb00m
I can say that my opinion of the VA has improved over the past 3 years. If you'd asked me 5 years ago I would have told you that I HATED the VA and you basically had to drag me to any appointments with them.
But since my amputation they have been really good about providing better service.

I've got to start a new claim here at some point and don't look forward to having to deal with that part of the process.

Funny part was after my amputation I had to go get evaluated for the amputation and the doctor I saw couldn't tell if I was above the knee or below the knee even though I had shorts on. It was like OK I'm here can you just make a note saying I don't have my leg anymore? Hope you don't think it'll grow back.
I remember my dad bitching about the VA back in the 80's and just giving up after battling with them for years. I don't think he got them to do anything about his issues until the last 10 years or so.

I remember my dad bitching about the VA back in the 80's and just giving up after battling with them for years. I don't think he got them to do anything about his issues until the last 10 years or so.

I could RANT for DAYS about some of the mistreatment of veterans by the VA but it's not gunna do any good. I can say at one point I was really ready to quite and stop going to them.

Since I live away from any VA facilities that is part of the problem. They don't have treatment for veterans who don't live near a hospital. One of my complaints is the total lack of mental health for veterans. They really suck at being proactive about it.

Damn I thought I was gunna work on the Jeep today but my back is acting up so I'm not thinking I'll make it.

Was out working on the ranch all day today, then came home and fell asleep in my chair for several hours, now I'm wide awake.

I did the same thing. Well I wasn't working on the ranch but. Was getting some little projects around the house done.
Was watching TV and boom next thing I know I'm awake at 2:30AM...

Wildman, did you decide on which tires you were going with (i might have read over it but didnt see your final decision)?

I appreciate you sharing your build and pictures....I am also looking at the TNT front stretch.

Wildman, did you decide on which tires you were going with (i might have read over it but didnt see your final decision)?

I appreciate you sharing your build and pictures....I am also looking at the TNT front stretch.

I have 36x13.5x16.5 TSL IROCK tires already for the Stazworks dual beadlocks I have. But then when @NashvilleTJ decided to run with the big dogs a put the 14 bolt rear axle in his LJ he had to swap out rims to 8 bolt so I bought his 17" SpyderLoc rims from him for an AWESOME price. So now I'm gunna attempt to sell my Stazworks rims & the IROCK tires plus the old TSL SX tires.

If I can do that I am looking at the new M/T Baja Pro XS tires in the 38x13.5x17

1620431465305.png

I have 36x13.5x16.5 TSL IROCK tires already for the Stazworks dual beadlocks I have. But then when @NashvilleTJ decided to run with the big dogs a put the 14 bolt rear axle in his LJ he had to swap out rims to 8 bolt so I bought his 17" SpyderLoc rims from him for an AWESOME price. So now I'm gunna attempt to sell my Stazworks rims & the IROCK tires plus the old TSL SX tires.

If I can do that I am looking at the new M/T Baja Pro XS tires in the 38x13.5x17

View attachment 250692
A buddy stopped by yesterday who runs those beasts. 3000 miles on them so far. Measured the tread compared to his 0 miles spare - the tread was half gone. They are definitely stickies....