Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Summit Racing has suggest ship date of 11/29/2021

Jegs has a ship date of 09/16/21

I found a site in GA called Skinney Pedal Racing that has them for $461 each which is about $40 less than every where else. I just sent them a email asking what their availability is. At that price I'll buy them now. Plus asked what shipping would be.
Definitely confirm the availability. My MTR's were supposed to be next week delivery in May, last I heard mid October delivery.

Reactions: Wildman
Definitely confirm the availability. My MTR's were supposed to be next week delivery in May, last I heard mid October delivery.

About two months ago when I'd looked into buying them they were 3-4 months out. So maybe things are finally catching up?

If they will honor that price I CAN'T not order them. I'll only get 4 for now until I decide what I'm doing for a spare.

Reactions: JMT and Apparition
About two months ago when I'd looked into buying them they were 3-4 months out. So maybe things are finally catching up?

If they will honor that price I CAN'T not order them. I'll only get 4 for now until I decide what I'm doing for a spare.
I only ordered 4 tires but 5 wheels cause I don't need more tires in my garage at this point.

I only ordered 4 tires but 5 wheels cause I don't need more tires in my garage at this point.

Yep I can order the 5th one once I know what I'm doing. And if I have 4 more LARGE tires hanging around I'll really have no space.

Got an email back from Skinny Pedal and he has them on sale right now. Free shipping which is even better. He says at least a 4 week lead time on getting them. But I can deal with that. So I called and left him a message asking him to call me. I'll see what he says but it looks like I just might be ordering tires.

If that is the case I'll get the other two IRock's mounted up and put all of them up for sale. I think start at $2K and let them talk me down a little.

Reactions: JMT and Apparition
@B00mb00m where would I list the tires and wheels?
Market Place? Craigslist? Offer Up?
There use to be some good local forums but most of them have gone away.
I've been selling everything on Facebook Marketplace these days but good old craigslist still had a lot of users also.

Genright has Baja Boss X stickies in stock for 37s and the XS in 40's. I got my MT's from 4WP. They have 38x17 in stock.

Summit Racing has suggest ship date of 11/29/2021

Jegs has a ship date of 09/16/21

I found a site in GA called Skinney Pedal Racing that has them for $461 each which is about $40 less than every where else. I just sent them a email asking what their availability is. At that price I'll buy them now. Plus asked what shipping would be.
He's a member of my local 4x4 club and seems to be a stand up guy from the interactions on the forum.

I've been selling everything on Facebook Marketplace these days but good old craigslist still had a lot of users also.

Genright has Baja Boss X stickies in stock for 37s and the XS in 40's. I got my MT's from 4WP. They have 38x17 in stock.

I don't want stickies since I will drive it on the street some.
I can't go to 40's. I'm probably pushing it with the 38's.
How true to advertised size are your tires? Just curious if M/T runs short or not.

He's a member of my local 4x4 club and seems to be a stand up guy from the interactions on the forum.

Thanks that's good to know.
I just got off the phone with him. Looking at about 4 weeks lead time. But he's $40 cheaper than everyone else so it's worth the wait.

I'm going to order them in a few minutes.

Reactions: JMT
OK $1844 paid to Skinny Pedal Racing for 4 38x13.5x17 Baja Pro XS tires that should be here sometime between 10/20-11/20/21.

So I'll get my other IRock's mounted and put them and the SX tires up for sale and see what I can get for them.

The StazWorks 9x16.5 rims are $405 each the way I have them setup. They have what he calls a :
COLD ROLE RINGS
Cold Role Rings are 1/2" round stock roled into a hoop and welded into the lip of the rim. After welding all welds are machined/sanded smooth with low spots filled for clean one piece look
Cold Role Rings are near half the price as a Rock Ring yet provid just as much aditional strength to the lip and dont hold mud like a full rock ring does.

And the IRock's were about $390-400 each.

So that is $3600 in tires and wheels. Yes I know I'll never get my full price back out of them so what do you all think I should start the asking price at? $3K? I'm throwing in 4 used 38x12.5x16.5 TSL SX & 1 new one for nothing.
Be honest and shoot me what you all think is a good starting price to ask. I can always lower my price as time goes on.

You do a fantastic job documenting and explaining your process. I learn something (or more) new every time I catch back up on this thread. Jeep is looking better and better

When I sold my Patagonias i scaled the price by the amount of tread then knocked off 20%. And they sold very quick despite being pretty beat up. Beadlocks should hold their value pretty well except you have an odd diameter so that might hurt resell. Price depends on how long you want to hold the parts. When I want get that shit gone I drop the price a bit more but usually say firm on price.

Baja bosses are true to size. Same as patagonias but they don't flatten out as much as pats when low.

had pretty good luck on FB marketplace, especially with tires and wheels.

i like you can get instant messages on FB.... CL and Email sucks.
LET GO is another, never used it, but it gets eyes.

When I sold my Patagonias i scaled the price by the amount of tread then knocked off 20%. And they sold very quick despite being pretty beat up. Beadlocks should hold their value pretty well except you have an odd diameter so that might hurt resell. Price depends on how long you want to hold the parts. When I want get that shit gone I drop the price a bit more but usually say firm on price.

Baja bosses are true to size. Same as patagonias but they don't flatten out as much as pats when low.

Yep only guys who liked Hummer rims will like those beadlocks.
Tires are brand new never been on the ground.
So I'm thinking once I added it all up that I'll try $3k to start and go from there.

On another note that temp shed I put up last year is FUBAR. I ordered a new cover for it but it's not going to be here for awhile.

20210910_123810.jpg

20210910_123812.jpg

And of course it is raining 🌧 here today. I had to get into the shed for camping gear for my daughter.

So I got the other two tires and rims out. I'll get them mounted tomorrow.

20210910_123611.jpg

Then I can take pictures and get this posted up for sale.

Hopefully the 5x5.5 bolt pattern will make someone look.

Reactions: JMT
IDK where they come from but every few months there will be a truckload of new military surplus 38's for 16.5" rims.

You do a fantastic job documenting and explaining your process. I learn something (or more) new every time I catch back up on this thread. Jeep is looking better and better

Thanks. I'm some what of a picture whore when doing stuff. I figure someone else might be able to use the information.
It's part of why I am on these forums. I learn something almost every day reading someone's thread.

Thanks. I'm some what of a picture whore when doing stuff. I figure someone else might be able to use the information.
It's part of why I am on these forums. I learn something almost every day reading someone's thread.
The pictures are especially great for me. You're working on some complex stuff that I doubt I'd understand without the pic for reference, and even then it's hard. We are lucky to be able to learn from each others experiences here, so whenever something happens to you you've probably already read ideas on how to solve it etc

OK $1844 paid to Skinny Pedal Racing for 4 38x13.5x17 Baja Pro XS tires that should be here sometime between 10/20-11/20/21.

So I'll get my other IRock's mounted and put them and the SX tires up for sale and see what I can get for them.

The StazWorks 9x16.5 rims are $405 each the way I have them setup. They have what he calls a :

And the IRock's were about $390-400 each.

So that is $3600 in tires and wheels. Yes I know I'll never get my full price back out of them so what do you all think I should start the asking price at? $3K? I'm throwing in 4 used 38x12.5x16.5 TSL SX & 1 new one for nothing.
Be honest and shoot me what you all think is a good starting price to ask. I can always lower my price as time goes on.
I think you're good at 3K. You have a limited market, just by what it is though. As long as the right guy sees the ad, they should move quick. Good deal on brand new tires and serviceable dual beadlock wheels.

The pictures are especially great for me. You're working on some complex stuff that I doubt I'd understand without the pic for reference, and even then it's hard. We are lucky to be able to learn from each others experiences here, so whenever something happens to you you've probably already read ideas on how to solve it etc

Well I'm not anywhere near being a expert and I make a lot of mistakes.
But as you said we're here to enjoy reading each other's builds and how we each attack a problem. I wish I was as knowledgeable as other's here it might limit my fuck ups.
But I'm always glad to share what I've learned and how I've attempted to fix things.
IMO it's what these forums are supposed to be about. And not ragging on other's opinions or choices.

I think you're good at 3K. You have a limited market, just by what it is though. As long as the right guy sees the ad, they should move quick. Good deal on brand new tires and serviceable dual beadlock wheels.

Yes I see this sort of like selling a niche item. Only limited people are going to want these rims.

Reactions: Apparition
@lBasket if I've posted pictures of something and you're still wondering what the heck I'm talking about or would like more information or explanation please feel free to ask questions. Like I said I ain't no expert but I'll do my best to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

I really wish there had been things like this forum 30-40 years ago when I was starting out.