Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

The beadlock I fixed yesterday is GOOD. Still had the same pressure it had yesterday. Still got to get the other two done but wasn't able to get to them today. Will tackle them tomorrow I hope. But I did list them For Sale today.

Got them listed on here so if you know someone looking for some larger tires & beadlocks point them my direction.

Also have them on:
JeepForum
Pirate 4x4
Facebook Market Place
Craigslist

So we'll see if I get any traction on having them listed.

I know @B00mb00m doesn't GAF about my shipment status but this whole FedEx thing just has me chomping at the bit.

I was feeling fairly good about them finally making the delivery today but now according to their website the skids haven't even made it to Troutdale, OR yet and they have to go there first before going to Yakima, WA before going out for delivery.
Even MORE stupid is that the skids were in Pasco, WA which is 2 hours away from Yakima Tuesday.

O'well I've got two beadlocks to get mounted and I'm sure my back will tell me to be done after that. I just would like them to hold to their word and deliver ONTIME....

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

I know @B00mb00m doesn't GAF about my shipment status but this whole FedEx thing just has me chomping at the bit.

I was feeling fairly good about them finally making the delivery today but now according to their website the skids haven't even made it to Troutdale, OR yet and they have to go there first before going to Yakima, WA before going out for delivery.
Even MORE stupid is that the skids were in Pasco, WA which is 2 hours away from Yakima Tuesday.

O'well I've got two beadlocks to get mounted and I'm sure my back will tell me to be done after that. I just would like them to hold to their word and deliver ONTIME....

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Don't let that which you can't control distract you from that which you have yet to complete! I care a lot more about you getting your shit together than Fedex getting their shit together. With all those boxes in your garage there has to be SOMETHING you can get done today. Success begets success.

Don't let that which you can't control distract you from that which you have yet to complete! I care a lot more about you getting your shit together than Fedex getting their shit together. With all those boxes in your garage there has to be SOMETHING you can get done today. Success begets success.

Hehehe,
One step at a time. I had to have my morning BITCH about FedEx. They are a goat fuck right now when it comes to shipping.

Didn't I SAY I was gunna do something? I just really wanted those skids so I could finish mocking stuff up and get that part figured out.
Figure if I get riled up a little I might have better results with getting those beadlocks done.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Hehehe,
One step at a time. I had to have my morning BITCH about FedEx. They are a goat fuck right now when it comes to shipping.

Didn't I SAY I was gunna do something? I just really wanted those skids so I could finish mocking stuff up and get that part figured out.
Figure if I get riled up a little I might have better results with getting those beadlocks done.
Since you have the cross-member the trans skid should really be the last thing you deal with, its just a cover. Whats the first major milestone you'd like to complete? We can make a checklist to get you there. Im thinking engine start? Off of the front jackstands? Off of the rear jackstands?

Reactions: DrDmoney and Irun
Since you have the cross-member the trans skid should really be the last thing you deal with, its just a cover. Whats the first major milestone you'd like to complete? We can make a checklist to get you there. Im thinking engine start? Off of the front jackstands? Off of the rear jackstands?

I want to make sure that the new transmission pan clears the belly skid and the upper link & front driveshaft clear the engine skid.

Once all that is checked then it's time to set the engine back in the frame and start working on the wiring.

Plus mount up the headers I'd picked up and see if they will fit. And while the engine is there get the steering shaft mocked up. Once that is done finish the wiring up to include the wires to the rear for the fuel tank but I've got to leave those alone right now until I figure out if I'm doing a GR tank or fuel cell.

Then I can move to the rear and setup the shock towers and get that mocked up. Then do the raised body mounts and BCE.

Then mount the front fenders and make sure everything fits as it should so I can send everything out to powder coat.

Plus I've still got to wash the inside of the tub so I can Lizard Skin it. And then start on the GR center console mock up and get all my shifters figured out.

How's that for a list? And there is a ton of other odds & ends that need to be done.

I want to make sure that the new transmission pan clears the belly skid and the upper link & front driveshaft clear the engine skid.

Once all that is checked then it's time to set the engine back in the frame and start working on the wiring.

Plus mount up the headers I'd picked up and see if they will fit. And while the engine is there get the steering shaft mocked up. Once that is done finish the wiring up to include the wires to the rear for the fuel tank but I've got to leave those alone right now until I figure out if I'm doing a GR tank or fuel cell.

Then I can move to the rear and setup the shock towers and get that mocked up. Then do the raised body mounts and BCE.

Then mount the front fenders and make sure everything fits as it should so I can send everything out to powder coat.

Plus I've still got to wash the inside of the tub so I can Lizard Skin it. And then start on the GR center console mock up and get all my shifters figured out.

How's that for a list? And there is a ton of other odds & ends that need to be done.
It's a list but its not a checklist. To each his own but some project planning would help you to start moving toward some meaningful progress. The list you have is scattered all over the place some things effect other some are completely unrelated. LIke for example, your first step is to check if the trans pan clears the bell skid. That's not really a predecessor. You need to put the body in the place it's going to be (ie install your body mounts) then push your motor and trans up as much as you are comfortable with. use the trans pan you want to use then build your skids around that.

I'll just say this, make a plan (!!!) and I'll bow out and check on you in another 3 months.

I feel you on the shipping. I bought an adapter for my Motive pressure bleeder to do the brakes on my Subarus from Summit and it went thru my town and is in Kansas right now. It shipped from the store 50 miles south of my house. Like WTF?! All I could think about were your issues. This is USPS though which is strange.

It's a list but its not a checklist. To each his own but some project planning would help you to start moving toward some meaningful progress. The list you have is scattered all over the place some things effect other some are completely unrelated. LIke for example, your first step is to check if the trans pan clears the bell skid. That's not really a predecessor. You need to put the body in the place it's going to be (ie install your body mounts) then push your motor and trans up as much as you are comfortable with. use the trans pan you want to use then build your skids around that.

I'll just say this, make a plan (!!!) and I'll bow out and check on you in another 3 months.

I had a check list that got thrown out the window a while ago.

I understand what you are saying about being scattered but there is some madness in there.
The engine is already set in place and can't move unless I want to cut the motor mounts off. Which I don't.

The body isn't going to change unless I totally fuck up welding the raised mounts on.

See ya in 3 months. Maybe it'll be starting at that point. 🤔

One down one to go....

20210916_124643.jpg

Two down and ZERO to go.

20210916_132924.jpg

This one is sucked down and ready for the standard bolts..

The other is waiting.

20210916_132932.jpg

But Inserts are installed.

Unless you are a amputee it's hard to explain but it was break time again. My leg 🦵 was swollen in the socket. So take it off for 10-15 minutes and I'm good for a while.

All DONE....Yahoo.

Damn those things are a PITA.

View attachment 277281

View attachment 277283

Tomorrow back to knocking out things on the Jeep.
Good on ya for finishing, sir. I think, once I decide to sell em, I'd have left the two unfinished and "helped" the new buyer install them... Knock a couple hundred bucks off for their trouble!

Last edited:
Good on ya for finishing, sir. I think, once I decide to sell em, is have theft the two unfinished and "helped" the new buyer install them... Knock a couple hundred bucks off for their trouble!

Believe me I really thought about it. As much as a PITA as they are. But I'm hoping that them being ready to run might help with the sale.

If you need to tour the country, go fed-ex!
I ordered a caliper from Rock Auto for my wife Honda witch was on my hoist, It was coming from the warehouse near Chicago (90 miles north) and normally its 1 day. It took a week because it somehow went to Nebraska.

If you need to tour the country, go fed-ex!
I ordered a caliper from Rock Auto for my wife Honda witch was on my hoist, It was coming from the warehouse near Chicago (90 miles north) and normally its 1 day. It took a week because it somehow went to Nebraska.

Yep this has been a Goat Rope from the start. And of course the dipshit customer service rep was about as helpful as tits on a boar hog. I'm fed up with COVID being used as an excuse to why their service SUCKS... We're what 18 months into this now? So the reasoning that they are experiencing a higher amount of packages is just BULLSHIT.