Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Yep the Ballistic Fab one is cool as heck but the price tag has kept me from buying one too.
I can probably get an Alloy 11200 for $50 by November 5 or so. Just have to take the plunge. Summit has them shipping out near then.

EDIT: Summit shipping was crazy, so I went with Extreme Terrain $61 total. We'll see. Nothing seems to be shipped when the supplier says it will be shipped.

Last edited:
This is why people advise against those. If I had a press I could probably put another bend in the track bar to clear, but I don't so I had to settle for an extra 2" of bump stops

signal-2021-06-07-125911_002-jpeg.jpg

This is why people advise against those. If I had a press I could probably put another bend in the track bar to clear, but I don't so I had to settle for an extra 2" of bump stops

View attachment 283419

I've never seen anyone advise against them so guess I learned something else. I haven't had a stock Dana 30 in mine for a long long time. And the cover I took off my Dana 44 was a lot bigger than what you are showing. I went to one from Ruff Stuff because it had more room.

I've never seen anyone advise against them so guess I learned something else. I haven't had a stock Dana 30 in mine for a long long time. And the cover I took off my Dana 44 was a lot bigger than what you are showing. I went to one from Ruff Stuff because it had more room.
This is the 3/8" Dana 30 cover from RuffStuff. I'm willing to sacrifice the up travel for the protection until I get a press. I came down hard on it a while back and it took the beating like a champ.
d30damage.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
Well, the Jeep is looking amazing. This is just a joy to read. You guys are brilliant and I love it when people are getting stuff done!

Me: trying to find an Alloy USA 11200 Dana 30 diff cover so I can fit the Currie Steering. Should have done this before the supply lines went to a halt a few months ago.
I'm in the same predicament. After putting one on my TJ 30, I looked for one this past weekend, with no luck. I'm not in a hurry, so it will just have to wait!

Reactions: JMT
I'm in the same predicament. After putting one on my TJ 30, I looked for one this past weekend, with no luck. I'm not in a hurry, so it will just have to wait!
I might just remove the rock hard 4x4 guard and run the stock cover alone for awhile so I can install the steering. 🤷‍♂️ I’ll let you know if Extreme Terrain fulfills the order between 10/26-11/2.

Reactions: Wildman and Irun
I might just remove the rock hard 4x4 guard and run the stock cover alone for awhile so I can install the steering. 🤷‍♂️ I’ll let you know if Extreme Terrain fulfills the order between 10/26-11/2.
Smart move. I don't mind spending money, but this is a case where it would be silly to spend $100+ on a Dana 30 cover. The Alloy one is impressive, at 1/2 that price, and I wish they had one for the 44!

Reactions: Wildman
This is the 3/8" Dana 30 cover from RuffStuff. I'm willing to sacrifice the up travel for the protection until I get a press. I came down hard on it a while back and it took the beating like a champ.
View attachment 283421

I'll let JMT post up a picture of my old Dana 44 cover. The thing was HUGE but has great protection and with my old steering wasn't a issue but with my new setup I'm pushing for every inch.

I know not the same thing but I smashed in the front of my Suzuki Samurai axle housing and it was bad enough that the ring gear wore a hole thru it before I'd realized I'd dented it that bad. Had to drop the 3rd member and beat it back out and then install what they called a diff cap.

I'll let JMT post up a picture of my old Dana 44 cover. The thing was HUGE but has great protection and with my old steering wasn't a issue but with my new setup I'm pushing for every inch.

I know not the same thing but I smashed in the front of my Suzuki Samurai axle housing and it was bad enough that the ring gear wore a hole thru it before I'd realized I'd dented it that bad. Had to drop the 3rd member and beat it back out and then install what they called a diff cap.
I’ll post a pic. I got under there and tried to figure out if it would hit my GTS. I concluded the fitment will have to wait till I change gear oil.

EDIT: my records indicate that’s another 2500 miles

Last edited:
Out of stock but I believe T&J are still the manufacturer of the Barnett cover.

dana 30
https://tandjperformance.com/product/part-bp-dt030/
dana 44
https://tandjperformance.com/product/part-bp-dt044/
I'm likely going to have to bite the bullet and get one of these for the TJ, when they're back in stock. Even my Alloy cover kisses the Currie track bar at full stuff. Making bigger parts designed for a 4" lift work on a low lift build and 31" tires is more challenging than one might think. On the positive side, I can put the Alloy cover on the new LJ!

I'm likely going to have to bite the bullet and get one of these for the TJ, when they're back in stock. Even my Alloy cover kisses the Currie track bar at full stuff. Making bigger parts designed for a 4" lift work on a low lift build and 31" tires is more challenging than one might think. On the positive side, I can put the Alloy cover on the new LJ!
It's a great cover. The only dent I've put in it was in 2019 in Moab going up Top of the World. I vividly remember it because I was telling my wife the jeeps so great it could drive itself. After about 5 seconds of my hands off the wheel, it went from idling up a hill in 2nd gear, NP231, to coming to a dead stop. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
I'm likely going to have to bite the bullet and get one of these for the TJ, when they're back in stock. Even my Alloy cover kisses the Currie track bar at full stuff. Making bigger parts designed for a 4" lift work on a low lift build and 39" tires is more challenging than one might think. On the positive side, I can put the Alloy cover on the new LJ!
Fixed it for you

I can read the headlines now...
"man breaks free from government testing with technologically advanced leg"

police have asked the public to be on the look out for.. a wild man..

Hey got to have some fun 😜.

And I wear shorts year round so I'd be easier to spot.