Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

you can weld stainless with the mig. just need the right gas and wire.

Tri mix is the correct gas from what I've seen but what wire should you use? I'm going to try this Tig stuff a little more and then if I can't get it I'll go back to Mig.

tri mix for sure you need the helium.
wire you'd want something easy to melt .30 wire would do.
IDK how many types of stainless wire there might be, so i'll let someone else flag that question. but i'll get the label info off my spool tomrw.

they just handed me a 40# roll and a bottle Mon and i been weldin that crap all week.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
Called OxArc in Ellensburg where I had bought the welder and they hadn't heard of this issue so I'll have to take it into them tomorrow. If it isn't something easy or STUPID on my part they will have to send it out to be repaired. So I'm dead in the water until I get it fixed.

OK not dead in the water just can't do anymore welding until it's fixed. There is a TON of other things I can be doing but this just throws a kink in my plans.

tri mix for sure you need the helium.
wire you'd want something easy to melt .30 wire would do.
IDK how many types of stainless wire there might be, so i'll let someone else flag that question. but i'll get the label info off my spool tomrw.

they just handed me a 40# roll and a bottle Mon and i been weldin that crap all week.
This is what I used, along with the trimix.
image.jpg

This is what I used, along with the trimix.View attachment 284906

Thanks Jeff.

Hopefully whatever is wrong with my welder will be an easy fix and it doesn't take a long time to get it back. I'm learning that I should have bought a separate Mig and Tig machines like I had thought about but Lincoln was just releasing the 210 MP so I bought it.

This strike & lift style tig welding is not working for me and I'm having issues with it. Other machines start differently and watching videos it seems to me to be easier with other machines.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
This is good information. I have the 210MP as well, and have been thinking about picking up the torch set for Tig. I have a beautiful Tig set-up at work, but nothing beats the convenience of having it right out back...BUT if the 210 can't handle it...I'm better off hauling the stuff that needs TIG to work!

This is good information. I have the 210MP as well, and have been thinking about picking up the torch set for Tig. I have a beautiful Tig set-up at work, but nothing beats the convenience of having it right out back...BUT if the 210 can't handle it...I'm better off hauling the stuff that needs TIG to work!

I don't know the proper terms for the other types of tig torches but the 210MP is a strike & lift which I'm finding is VERY hard for me to get. I'd guess it it sort of like arc welding but I can not get the strike and lift at all. And then my welder broke so I stopped.

Reactions: Alex01
I don't know the proper terms for the other types of tig torches but the 210MP is a strike & lift which I'm finding is VERY hard for me to get. I'd guess it it sort of like arc welding but I can not get the strike and lift at all. And then my welder broke so I stopped.
So, you hit the pedal, touch the torch to your workpiece, and then pull away to generate the arc?

So, you hit the pedal, touch the torch to your workpiece, and then pull away to generate the arc?

Yep. Or Touch the torch to the piece and hit the pedal and as you do pull away to generate the arc. It's crazy to me but I'm not an expert here so I could be talking out my ass.

Maybe a dumb question but did you invert the voltage and not put it back?
And the tag from my spool.

IMG_20211020_055623846.jpg

Maybe a dumb question but did you invert the voltage and not put it back?
And the tag from my spool.

View attachment 285106

This is a issue that has been happening for the last week or a little longer. It started off where I would hit the on switch and it wouldn't start so I'd turn it off and then turn it back on and this time it would start. Now it's where I'll turn it on and it will try to start and then not start. Or it will not even turn on at all.
So no I don't think it's anything I've done to the machine.

Reactions: someguysjeep
😒😔😪🥺😧😫

I can't find enough sad faces to express my feelings right now.

Welder is dropped off at OxArc and will be sent out for repairs. They plugged it in and the machine wouldn't even turn on BUT you could hear a sizzling sound coming from behind the front panel.

I love living away from the big city most of the time but this isn't one of those times.

1) Welder won't even leave here until Monday.

2) Has to go to Pasco first before it's finally sent to Spokane for repairs.

3) Looking at a minimum of FOUR (4) weeks before I get my welder back.

As I said before I have a list of things to do that don't require a welder but not having it just bugs the crap out of me.

😒😔😪🥺😧😫

I can't find enough sad faces to express my feelings right now.

Welder is dropped off at OxArc and will be sent out for repairs. They plugged it in and the machine wouldn't even turn on BUT you could hear a sizzling sound coming from behind the front panel.

I love living away from the big city most of the time but this isn't one of those times.

1) Welder won't even leave here until Monday.

2) Has to go to Pasco first before it's finally sent to Spokane for repairs.

3) Looking at a minimum of FOUR (4) weeks before I get my welder back.

As I said before I have a list of things to do that don't require a welder but not having it just bugs the crap out of me.
That's ridiculous. Specifically items 1 and 3.

I'd gone out to the garage to work on the Jeep and pulled out the wiring harness so I could write down some of the wires swapped. But it was too dang cold 🥶 to be able to write without gloves on. So I decided screw it I'm taking it inside.

I'd told @Chris that I'd try to document the wiring for future reference. Figured now was a good time to get it done.

20211021_102806.jpg

20211021_103133.jpg

I will work on getting something written up in the next few days. And try to make it as clear as possible. My harness from the C103 & C104 plugs was pretty messed up from the previous time it was made into a harness or I would have tried to take pictures. But hopefully I can explain the what and why.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01