Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I'm also wondering what trimming I'd have to do to make it work with my rotated steering box?

MB1069-Dims.png

I'll print this off and go out and try to do some measuring as much as I can just to see if or how it might fit.

Yeah, his is one of the two rigs I wheel with that made me start thinking about full hydro and 43 stickies.

View attachment 292290

Not a bunch of rigs out there that make me feel small, but his is one of them.
No I can't imagine there are many rigs that make you feel small.
I like it.... I was gunna ask what size tire he was running. I've thought about adding the suckdown option to my winch/bumper and add a ring to my axle. Or do like some and use a small Atv winch (which I happen to have) but haven't figured out where to mount it.

It looks like the MB bumper has a recessed winch tray. I’m not sure if it would work with the big boy Warn you have

I THINK I'd have to trim in the areas where I circled in Red.

Moto Idea.jpg

And then add this mounting plate to it.

MB8274-view-1.jpg

And it's drilled to mount to a low profile winch plate/bumper so I wouldn't have to weld it on if I didn't want to.

MB8274-view-3.jpg

All this is just THINKING at this point and the only reason I even looked was because of the great prices during the Black Friday sales.

I could drop $1K with them really easy with the stuff on sale.

Reactions: reddvltj
No I can't imagine there are many rigs that make you feel small.
I like it.... I was gunna ask what size tire he was running. I've thought about adding the suckdown option to my winch/bumper and add a ring to my axle. Or do like some and use a small Atv winch (which I happen to have) but haven't figured out where to mount it.

I THINK I'd have to trim in the areas where I circled in Red.

View attachment 292293

And then add this mounting plate to it.

View attachment 292294

And it's drilled to mount to a low profile winch plate/bumper so I wouldn't have to weld it on if I didn't want to.

View attachment 292295

All this is just THINKING at this point and the only reason I even looked was because of the great prices during the Black Friday sales.

I could drop $1K with them really easy with the stuff on sale.
I was looking at their hi-lines and inner fenders and they were around $300 off which is great.

I’d definitely give them a call and see what they have to say. It would look great on your rig

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
I was looking at their hi-lines and inner fenders and they were around $300 off which is great.

I’d definitely give them a call and see what they have to say. It would look great on your rig

Thanks I like the looks of it also. And yes their prices right now are awesome. You can really save some money right now if you can afford it.

With all the work you're doing, trimming up the bumper to make it work is trivial. The part that would need to be trimmed is the base for the grill guard hoop, so the only potential issue could be how far you have to cut into it.

Personally, for the theme you're building on, the Motobuilt bumper cleans up the front end considerably and probably shaves 40+ lbs of the nose. It might at least be worth giving them a call to see if they've had any experience with the SL and this bumper.

FWIW.... :)

I thought the theme of my build was IDGAF what it weighs, let's make it as heavy as possible? :ROFLMAO: ;)

Will be giving them a call today.

EDIT: @Irun this bumper weighs 64 lbs per their specs so while I do agree my homebuilt front bumper is heavy I doubt it weighs 100 lbs or more. I can pick it up and carry it so I'd put it around the same weight of the Motobilt bumper.

Last edited:
OK just got off the phone with Motobilt and from the conversation with the sales person they have not heard of any issues with contact between a Anti-Rock or SwayLoc and the bumper. And as I'd guessed they had no clue about anyone mounting a Warn 8274 winch to this bumper. So on that part I'd be all on my own. I'm going to take the sheet with the diagram out and do some measuring before I spend any money.

Reactions: Irun
Yes it is. It’s pretty cool to see it in person.

Also, you asked about his tire size. They are 43’s - but on 20” wheels. I actually love the proportions.

I'm sure I'd bugger it up REALLY bad but I'm thinking about trying to do something like that for my exhaust. GR does the same with their exhaust. Not sure if I'd do a single or dual outlets.

Yes those tires & wheels have good proportions. Are you still thinking about going to larger tires?

I'm sure I'd bugger it up REALLY bad but I'm thinking about trying to do something like that for my exhaust. GR does the same with their exhaust. Not sure if I'd do a single or dual outlets.

Yes those tires & wheels have good proportions. Are you still thinking about going to larger tires?
Yeah, but the challenge there is the need to go with a new axle and full hydro up front to get the clearance I need. Just need to get off my ass and start moving on it.

Reactions: Wildman
Yeah, but the challenge there is the need to go with a new axle and full hydro up front to get the clearance I need. Just need to get off my ass and start moving on it.

Seems to always be the issue. Do one thing and another comes up needed done.

@NashvilleTJ do you know if this area circled in Red is a exhaust outlet?

View attachment 292351
I may have to run my exhaust out the side as well. Because of my stretch the coil over towers block any possible exit out the back... Even with Blain's trick of cutting a channel out of the tank. I don't like the idea of dumping it under the Jeep.

I may have to run my exhaust out the side as well. Because of my stretch the coil over towers block any possible exit out the back... Even with Blain's trick of cutting a channel out of the tank. I don't like the idea of dumping it under the Jeep.

Yes with everything going on in the back I'm not sure if I can fit a 3" exhaust pipe all the way to the rear. If not I also don't want it just dumping under the Jeep. So going out the side is a idea. It would look better if I could do a dual outlet from the muffler but I'm not that far along. With my engine I need the 3" pipe so it limits my options.

Looking at this bumper I don’t see how it wouldn’t interfere with a sway bar.
Edit: I see in the other picture he is running an antirock so I guess he made it work

If you read the description for it it bolts to the 4 top holes on the frame but then it's raised above the stock swaybar if you are still running one.

Moto side.jpg

I've still got to really look at my setup and try to figure out if it'll fit and then decide if I really WANT to spend that money on this.

Getting things ready to start spraying stuff. So I unboxed the Lizard Skin kit. The spray gun is just a standard one like I've used in the military.

20211124_154743.jpg

And then I took the CP spray gun inside and washed it all out to get it ready to spray the primer with first. What SUCKS is that I have a ton of rattle can primer that I need to use also. So I did think about spraying the tub with the rattle cans instead. But either way the paint gun needed to be cleaned prior to me using it.

20211124_180635.jpg

the last pic he posted gettin around that GR tank had the exhaust huggin the shock.................... that things gotta get hot AF, i was 3" away and still melted my boot.

the last pic he posted gettin around that GR tank had the exhaust huggin the shock.................... that things gotta get hot AF, i was 3" away and still melted my boot.

Plus I have no desire to cut up my new tank and I'm OK with it coming out the side like that if I can figure it out.

Reactions: Irun