Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Plus I have no desire to cut up my new tank and I'm OK with it coming out the side like that if I can figure it out.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the exhaust over the frame and to the side. The only space I see that might be big enough would be the same space the rear anti rock will take up.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the exhaust over the frame and to the side. The only space I see that might be big enough would be the same space the rear anti rock will take up.
can't hold the magnification to get a pic, but i think i see a tube possibly through the frame rail right behind that body mount, could be an exhaust tube..
and i extended my rocker and the cut on the rear armor beyond where it is on the body underneath (the elongated comp cut is fugly), if he did the same there is hidden space you can poke out the end of that rocker if you can get there.

i'd love to know the pressures he ended on on those funny lookin shocks.

On the Genright LJ's they exit through the boat side rockers, but LJs have plenty of room to snake the exhaust over the frame. I had not considered going through the frame. I guess with enough plating you could make it work.

a19d2abd-f5c0-4cfa-8bbd-2fa6876ab07a.jpg

d805ec88-44fe-4396-a5b8-d715f8f904f5.jpg

Maybe a combination of dimpling the tub and notching the frame? If I hadn't moved my axle arch back It would have been a LOT easier to snake it out.
Once I get to this point I'll be sure to document it a lot.

might could go at the back end of the torque box with a hole saw from the sides and radius enough room to jump the frame rail or we have to be behind it.
if 1 chose to go through the frame rail some heavy wall tube welded around on both sides would suffice for closing the wound.

My daughter is going to her mom's house for Thanksgiving so I'm out in the garage. I bought this plastic sheeting that has tape already attached.

20211125_112912.jpg

20211125_112923.jpg

I've got 2.5" between the body and frame to snake the exhaust pipe through.

20211125_113051.jpg

20211125_113209.jpg

And I'd guess you'd want 1/4" on all sides of the pipe so it wouldn't rattle?
I'll have to try doing a search for how others have done this 🤔?

My daughter is going to her mom's house for Thanksgiving so I'm out in the garage. I bought this plastic sheeting that has tape already attached.

View attachment 292488

View attachment 292489

View attachment 292490

View attachment 292491

if i were solo i'd be at it too, sorry to hear your alone today ......................no consolation but i'm here to harass ya.

that masking is cool stuff.
if your gonna try and fit an AR back there i'd do that b4 figurin pipes

The plastic sheet with the tape on it is the best. Does the tank take up all the exit room for the exhaust? You could always just do a 90° dump right after the muffler. When I did mine I removed the springs and built it around full bump, and checked full droop afterwards. I got a bunch of 90° bends for auto zone and Frankensteined the exhaust. It's not perfect but it gets the job done.
20210328_091146.jpg
20210328_091737.jpg
20210328_091055.jpg

if i were solo i'd be at it too, sorry to hear your alone today ......................no consolation but i'm here to harass ya.

that masking is cool stuff.
if your gonna try and fit an AR back there i'd do that b4 figurin pipes

Got the tape/plastic off Amazon. I'll post a link later.
I knew I was going to be alone so it's not a big deal. After so many years in the military it really doesn't matter.

Yes Anti-Rock gets installed first. Exhaust is a secondary problem.

The plastic sheet with the tape on it is the best. Does the tank take up all the exit room for the exhaust? You could always just do a 90° dump right after the muffler. When I did mine I removed the springs and built it around full bump, and checked full droop afterwards. I got a bunch of 90° bends for auto zone and Frankensteined the exhaust. It's not perfect but it gets the job done.
View attachment 292496View attachment 292497View attachment 292498

I haven't put the tank in yet since I was waiting to fix my rear axle.

So this first round of taping off is to get the Lizard Skin done. Once that is done then I'll take off the stuff inside the tub to spray the bedliner.

20211125_115002.jpg

I've got to crawl under the Jeep and tape off some of the holes. Right now I'm taping the seat mount studs and putting tinfoil in the threaded holes.

20211125_121643.jpg

So this first round of taping off is to get the Lizard Skin done. Once that is done then I'll take off the stuff inside the tub to spray the bedliner.

View attachment 292501

I've got to crawl under the Jeep and tape off some of the holes. Right now I'm taping the seat mount studs and putting tinfoil in the threaded holes.

View attachment 292502
I've been thinking of coating the underside of my Jeep with lizard skin for heat insulation. Also a nice uniform appearance would be nice. I'll be following along

I've been thinking of coating the underside of my Jeep with lizard skin for heat insulation. Also a nice uniform appearance would be nice. I'll be following along

I'd thought about doing the underside but I wasn't pulling the tub off. If I had I think I'd have done that also. With my old setup if I put a cup of Coke from McDonald's with ice in it in the cup holder the ice would melt in under 15 minutes from the heat. You could feel the heat coming through the firewall and floorboards. So that is why I'm doing the Lizard Skin.
Putting down some type of matting or other types of insulation IMO wouldn't work because I'm known for sinking my Jeep and having water up to the bottom of the seats.

Tub is tapped up and all the holes are covered or have tinfoil in them.

20211125_125536.jpg

I'm going to wipe it down with a degreaser one more time and then a tack cloth. Then it'll be time for me to mix the first batch of primer. That welding table sure comes in handy for more than welding.

20211125_125510.jpg

I'd bought a second spray gun off Amazon but was messing around with the fluid adjustment knob when it flew off. I've lost the spring that goes behind it.

And then the spray gun that came with the bedliner doesn't come with a cup. So I've got to order one that will fit it.

20211125_124957.jpg

20211125_125604.jpg

View attachment 292488

View attachment 292489

View attachment 292490

View attachment 292491

If you oval a 3" tube a little, it should flow close to the same. I know there is a point where it is dimensionally restricted, but the 1" flattening you would need could work. Just an idea, maybe flatten 3.5" tube to equalize the flow??

Tub is tapped up and all the holes are covered or have tinfoil in them.

View attachment 292513

I'm going to wipe it down with a degreaser one more time and then a tack cloth. Then it'll be time for me to mix the first batch of primer. That welding table sure comes in handy for more than welding.

View attachment 292512

I'd bought a second spray gun off Amazon but was messing around with the fluid adjustment knob when it flew off. I've lost the spring that goes behind it.

And then the spray gun that came with the bedliner doesn't come with a cup. So I've got to order one that will fit it.

View attachment 292517

View attachment 292514
The bedliner guns usually fit on the quart cans that the reducer come in.

You jumped in the deep end I see! LOL

If you oval a 3" tube a little, it should flow close to the same. I know there is a point where it is dimensionally restricted, but the 1" flattening you would need could work. Just an idea, maybe flatten 3.5" tube to equalize the flow??

That's a great idea. Being right at the tip I'd think it wouldn't matter as much?
Still thinking about trying to go dual exhaust from the muffler.
Get a single inlet and dual outlet muffler?

The bedliner guns usually fit on the quart cans that the reducer come in.

You jumped in the deep end I see! LOL

OK I'll look at that. Hot Damn you're correct...

20211125_131955.jpg

Jumped in with both feet...

OK paint in guys...

The primer I have is a 4:1 mix.

20211125_133402.jpg

And I have the activator called for.

20211125_133411.jpg

So if I'm understanding this correctly I fill this cup up to the 4 line and then add the activator to the 5 line?

20211125_133449.jpg

It says I can use reducer if I want but not needed.

Do I use the paint mixer on the gallon of primer before I pour it into the cup? And then use the stir sticks to mix the reducer and primer in the cup?
Then when I pour the mixture from the cup into the cup on the gun I use a strainer?
This is what I remember from some of the videos I've watched.