Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I honestly don't know any 6.4 owners so maybe it's not as scary as the legends. I'm a 6ohno owner and my experience there plus a SECOND TURBO would make me run haha. Did you get it for a great deal considering the motor? Looks like a dope motorhome toy hauler besides the powerplant.

I think all the 6.4 stories are just THAT just like the JK stories. Sure it has issues and so did the 2008 Ram when the DPF & EGR stuff came out. I had to delete all that crap off mine because it was in the shop 4 times in under 6K miles. I did a lot of reading and talking to other people who have 6.4's and most said as long as you kept up on the maintenance you would be good. The BAD of the 6.4 is it requires more frequent maintenance than other rigs. But as I said I'll start a rainy day fund for it just in case.

Yes considering how rare these rigs are I feel I got a pretty good deal on it. It's the largest model they'd offered and I was looking for the shorter version but couldn't find one. I was going to go a different direction when this one popped up and it was crazy that it was in Everett too.

I think all the 6.4 stories are just THAT just like the JK stories. Sure it has issues and so did the 2008 Ram when the DPF & EGR stuff came out. I had to delete all that crap off mine because it was in the shop 4 times in under 6K miles. I did a lot of reading and talking to other people who have 6.4's and most said as long as you kept up on the maintenance you would be good. The BAD of the 6.4 is it requires more frequent maintenance than other rigs. But as I said I'll start a rainy day fund for it just in case.

Yes considering how rare these rigs are I feel I got a pretty good deal on it. It's the largest model they'd offered and I was looking for the shorter version but couldn't find one. I was going to go a different direction when this one popped up and it was crazy that it was in Everett too.

Everett is where we bought our motorhome.

IMG_20220515_083004392_HDR.jpg

Haha! Guys when you're passing through Everett you need to grab a beer!

I'll be on the wetside for a few days next week. Coming over Monday early afternoon and staying until Wednesday or Thursday. Will depend on when the coach is ready to be delivered.

As I'd posted I screwed up my leg. I needed to get some yard work done one day and so I was out weed wacking my yard and when I'm being really active my leg will change in size. Instead of stopping and coming inside and changing socks I kept working. Well I bruised my leg. But then when I'd noticed it I should have been smart and taken a day or two off to let it heal I decided to be macho and just power thru it. DUMBASS....

This was the day after I'd done my yard work. Doesn't look REAL bad right?

View attachment 338830

View attachment 338831

But then I said I'd do the work on my BIL Bear proof deer stand feeder and other things and this is what it looked like last Wednesday.

View attachment 338832

View attachment 338833

View attachment 338834

It's almost all healed up now since I've only been wearing my socket to get around the house. So I'm going to take it easy tomorrow and straighten up the garage. Then Saturday I've got to install a new catalytic converter on the daughters car and by Sunday fingers crossed I'll b back working on the Jeep.

But then Monday I'm heading over to the wetside to pickup my new tow rig/home on wheels so I'll be gone for a few days.

View attachment 338835

So hopefully by next Thursday I will be home and ready and able to attack the rest of the painting. Then it's time to start reassembling things and slowly get the Jeep ready to be started.

That looks like a great Toterhome. We looked for something like that before we got the GMC...Nice that its a F450 chassis instead of the E450 van.

That looks like a great Toterhome. We looked for something like that before we got the GMC...Nice that its a F450 chassis instead of the E450 van.

Thanks, I'll be working on it a bit once the Jeep is done. The F550 chassis is a lot better choice than E-450 for sure. I was ready to buy something different when this one happened to pop up.

ya.,it's nice.

you couldn't nail me down if i had 1 of those.

That is my plan once the Jeep is finished and I get a few runs under my belt testing stuff out.

Dang! I miss a few pages and you gone and done gots a coach! Welcome to owning another money pit, lol!

Yep, I don't even have it in my driveway yet and I've spent WAY TOO much on it. But I got 95% of the external things that can go FUBAR with the 6.4 covered. Got plans to do some things to the inside already but want to get it home first so I can make sure I'm getting the correct parts.
Heck it's another 4X4 so that always means trouble. And yes I've got some crazy HOPES for it but I'll wait to see if I go that route.

Focus dammit!

Leg is pretty much healed up so I can get back to working on stuff. I was inventorying my paint supplies and realized I'd forgotten to get some clear for the Black paint I'd bought for the frame and bumpers and flares. I don't know that I need clear for the frame but I "THINK" I'd want it for the bumpers and flares at least. So I ordered that today so it should be here soon I hope.

Got the new to me motorhome to the house. Was a fun trip in the holiday traffic. My BIL helped me install a new 50" TV in place of the one that was mounted in the living area. I'll start a thread over in the Off-Topic section for all the stuff I end up doing to it.

20220630_153139.jpg

20220630_210653.jpg

Need more property.... Not a lot of room. But I'll be moving it to the front of my house here in a few days.

20220701_194604.jpg

20220701_194648.jpg

Got the new to me motorhome to the house. Was a fun trip in the holiday traffic. My BIL helped me install a new 50" TV in place of the one that was mounted in the living area. I'll start a thread over in the Off-Topic section for all the stuff I end up doing to it.

View attachment 340274

View attachment 340275

Need more property.... Not a lot of room. But I'll be moving it to the front of my house here in a few days.

View attachment 340276

View attachment 340277

That's a pretty sweet rig, Rick. Been looking around the 'net for more of them, and there aren't that many out there, and they are concentrated on the West Coast. Anything Host makes anymore is pickup campers.

Reactions: Wildman