Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Bite your tongue. I DO NOT want to try painting the whole rig. That is not in my plans.

But MAN does the clear make the paint POP.... Heck I'm impressed with myself and that takes a lot... It's hard to capture in pictures but this paint looks great.

View attachment 344322

View attachment 344323

It does look great…that’s why you’re encouraged to complete the job. 😁

Man, I fixed that one spot and DANG NAB IT, but I got another hair in the clear on the other armor corner. Guess I need to use a Tack Cloth on me before I start painting.... I'm fairly sure it's my daughter's dog hair.

20220719_154705.jpg

They are looking good now but I do have a few runs on the corner armor.

20220719_154710.jpg

20220719_154714.jpg

20220719_154743.jpg

20220719_154746.jpg

And the hair....

20220719_154756.jpg

I've got appointments tomorrow and Thursday, so I don't think I'll get any painting done until Friday.

20220719_154810.jpg

Told you you'd be happier learning to paint then using cans.

It looks great!!!! Can't wait to see them back on the jeep!

Yes rattle can would have been OK but damn this looks really nice.

It does look great…that’s why you’re encouraged to complete the job. 😁

Well I need to try buffing out the paint on the Jeep first. This is just a trail Jeep and it's gunna get scratched and dinged up.

Wet sand the hair or leave it. Chasing perfection caused me a lot of unwanted grief.

I've got some runs I need to wet sand so when I do them, I'll try and get the hair out also. But as you said without a paint booth & sealed environment there isn't any way to keep all the crap off your paint job.

Told you you'd be happier learning to paint then using cans.

It looks great!!!! Can't wait to see them back on the jeep!

FUNNY part is that there are SOME who keep claiming I didn't or don't listen to advice given. DAMN if you look back at this build since it started there are a TON of things, I've done ONLY based on the encouragement of those here. Sure, maybe I didn't follow all the advice to a "T" but damn if I didn't take 90 % of the advice given to me and use it.
SO, FUCK all the ones who are butthurt casue you feel I didn't take your advice to heart. And too all of you who have stuck with me thru this whole thing and offered advice and support I truly appreciate it.

I've got some runs I need to wet sand so when I do them, I'll try and get the hair out also. But as you said without a paint booth & sealed environment there isn't any way to keep all the crap off your paint job.

Wait for that paint to harden a bit before you start trying to correct it. In fact, I'd recommend you just leave them, as is, until you get it assembled back on the jeep. Once that stuff is hard (a week or more) you can actually scrap the runs with a razor blade to knock em down before you start sanding. Look it up on youtube or something. I was skeptical at first, but it works and its pretty easy to control. Just make sure you have a NEW and VERY SHARP blade. The mistake I made with mine was not waiting long enough...48 hours isn't enough to get the run to harden and it pulled a couple spots off (and left a pit).

Wait for that paint to harden a bit before you start trying to correct it. In fact, I'd recommend you just leave them, as is, until you get it assembled back on the jeep. Once that stuff is hard (a week or more) you can actually scrap the runs with a razor blade to knock em down before you start sanding. Look it up on youtube or something. I was skeptical at first, but it works and its pretty easy to control. Just make sure you have a NEW and VERY SHARP blade. The mistake I made with mine was not waiting long enough...48 hours isn't enough to get the run to harden and it pulled a couple spots off (and left a pit).

I got the hair out using the trick @Alex01 had told me using a stir stick broken to a smaller piece and wet sanding it. But I tried to get the BIG runs I had on one corner out and am going to have to reshoot it with some White paint before I shoot the clear. I sanded too much in two spots.
Live and learn I guess. But I've got 3 appointments today so I won't be able to work on it until tomorrow. But I do appreciate the heads up. It really does look nice.

I got the hair out using the trick @Alex01 had told me using a stir stick broken to a smaller piece and wet sanding it. But I tried to get the BIG runs I had on one corner out and am going to have to reshoot it with some White paint before I shoot the clear. I sanded too much in two spots.
Live and learn I guess. But I've got 3 appointments today so I won't be able to work on it until tomorrow. But I do appreciate the heads up. It really does look nice.

Yeah...if you don't wait long enough, you'll really make a big mess. That clear can glob up on you if its not hardened yet.

Yeah...if you don't wait long enough, you'll really make a big mess. That clear can glob up on you if its not hardened yet.

I had some really bad runs on the one corner, so I needed to sand them down but now I HOPE I can get it to look OK. It is really a learning experience and I've watched more youtube videos than I have in a LONG time.

Reactions: reddvltj
Paint is looking really good. Damn hairs get everywhere. I can't imagine painting in my garage - my dog leaves little hair bunnies in it just walking through to the backyard.

That camper is AWESOME. What's the sq ft-age of the inside?

Thanks, my daughter's dog sheds like crazy and I think that's where these hairs are coming from. Just got to try and dust myself off a bit better.

I honestly don't have any idea what the sq ft-age is. I can give you measurements and someone with younger brain power can figure it out.

Thanks, my daughter's dog sheds like crazy and I think that's where these hairs are coming from. Just got to try and dust myself off a bit better.

I honestly don't have any idea what the sq ft-age is. I can give you measurements and someone with younger brain power can figure it out.

doghair is a plague it gets in the food I order at restaraunts (I know my dogs hair lol)

Ahh no biggie it doesn't matter that much. I was just wondering if it was bigger than my house :LOL:

doghair is a plague it gets in the food I order at restaraunts (I know my dogs hair lol)

Ahh no biggie it doesn't matter that much. I was just wondering if it was bigger than my house :LOL:

Yes her hair is everywhere. And it doesn't matter how often she grooms her or anything. I've found hair in some pretty strange places.

Well it's 35' long and each slide is a different size, I know the length but not the width.

Did you get rid of your Ram 1-ton?

Yes I'd traded it in on the motorhome since I didn't need it anymore. But I still needed a truck or SUV. And I can say this about this truck, if the 5.2 in my Jeep had ran like the one in it I'd have been happy with it. And it has 230K miles on it too. But it has no problem cruising down the road and has plenty of power.