Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Apparition

TJFest June Edition 2023
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
OP
Wildman

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Looking good but we are getting tired of the painting now and want to see the reassembly.

I'm getting tired of painting also. And of course, wouldn't you know it but no one local to me has any automotive self-etching primer paint. Since I have to go to Seattle tomorrow, I'm going to try and find some over in that area.

Nice work on the paint, Rick. Coming right along.

Thanks

DrDmoney

Professional Rigger
Supporting Member
I'm getting tired of painting also. And of course, wouldn't you know it but no one local to me has any automotive self-etching primer paint. Since I have to go to Seattle tomorrow, I'm going to try and find some over in that area.

Thanks

Is there a FinishMasters near you? That’s where I get self etching primer for work.

OP
Wildman

Wildman

Staff Member
Supporting Member
Is there a FinishMasters near you? That’s where I get self etching primer for work.

I'll see if there is one in the Seattle area.

don't temp me i been lookin for an excuse to go by there and have a new welder fall into the truck.

i don't get by there often, while they are not far away they are a PITA to get to, because of local traffic in the area.

I keep telling myself I don't need a tig welder...

OP
Wildman

Wildman

Staff Member
Supporting Member
My appointment with the VA today was canceled. But this time it was a good thing. The doctor from the amputee clinic called me this morning and was like didn't we just see you? I was like yes you did but scheduling called and said you need to see the clinic again. So he asked how things were going and I explained that my prosthesis had added pads to my socket but I was still beating myself up. So he was like well I didn't need you to drive over here to look at a bruise on my leg. Instead he sent a request for my prosthesis to make me new sockets. YAHOO......

So instead of driving to Seattle I installed the new seat covers for the truck. The drivers side seat was worn from people getting out of the truck and the fabric was torn. While I really dislike seat covers this was the easiest way to fix the problem.

20220802_130409.jpg

Since I won't be on the westside I just ordered the primer and it'll be here Friday.
I'm going to work on the frame and get it ready to finish painting. Most likely I'll do that tomorrow morning while I'm waiting for a call from the freight company that is delivering the new theater seats for my motorhome.

OP
Wildman

Wildman

Staff Member
Supporting Member
Looks like I should have just called around and found some primer. The paint I ordered and paid for expedited shipping is still in IL. So who knows when I'll receive it.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj

someguysjeep

simple guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
Looks like I should have just called around and found some primer. The paint I ordered and paid for expedited shipping is still in IL. So who knows when I'll receive it.

they owe you some $ back then for the shipping that's not happening. or is that expedited once they get off their lazy ass and pull the part 3dys later?

had that happen 2dys shipping but we won't process and pull it for 4dys even though you could put your hands on 1 in under 15s when i called about it.

Reactions: reddvltj
OP
Wildman

Wildman

Staff Member
Supporting Member
they owe you some $ back then for the shipping that's not happening. or is that expedited once they get off their lazy ass and pull the part 3dys later?

had that happen 2dys shipping but we won't process and pull it for 4dys even though you could put your hands on 1 in under 15s when i called about it.

Well I already reached out to the seller to see if they will refund the money. If not then I'll try going thru Amazon and see what they have to say. Checked again this morning and UPS doesn't have a delivery date on the paint yet.