Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

@NashvilleTJ when you got your brushless fan from Wizard Cooling did it come with a pigtail wiring harness? Or did you have to build something yourself?
Since I need a new fan and the brushless is the best currently offered I was going to order one but wasn't sure if I needed the wiring pigtail also.

https://wizardcooling.com/i-30500794-yaz-connector.html

Leg is almost healed up. Going to try and do some sanding on parts today but still taking it easy.

@NashvilleTJ when you got your brushless fan from Wizard Cooling did it come with a pigtail wiring harness? Or did you have to build something yourself?
Since I need a new fan and the brushless is the best currently offered I was going to order one but wasn't sure if I needed the wiring pigtail also.

https://wizardcooling.com/i-30500794-yaz-connector.html

If memory serves the fan, pigtail and temp sensor were all part of a kit - but I'm not positive. I do know you need the wiring kit with the sensor because you cannot run the brushless fan directly. Here is my order.

Wizard Cooling Spal Fan Kit.jpg

At the time, they would not sell the fan without the shroud kit.

Sean, the guy that owns Wizard, was super helpful. I'd give him a call.

If memory serves the fan, pigtail and temp sensor were all part of a kit - but I'm not positive. I do know you need the wiring kit with the sensor because you cannot run the brushless fan directly. Here is my order.

View attachment 350671

At the time, they would not sell the fan without the shroud kit.

Thanks,
I'll call them on Monday and verify what all I need and then order it. Thinking about just getting their radiator since I need a new one also.

https://wizardcooling.com/series-37...ith-single-brushless-fan-shroud-chevy-v8.html

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I considered having them build me a custom shroud at the time, and in my review it looked to me like they do great work. I think getting a fan / shroud combo from them would be a good choice - and worth the money in my opinion.

Yes the only reason I'm considering going with their product is because of yours & Chris's experience with them. The other reviews I'd read about them also indicate they make a quality product. And since I need a complete radiator & cooling system it seems to make sense to me to just get what I need from them.
I've already got a Spal fan controller so I can start at 50% fan speed.

Reactions: Irun and reddvltj
Yes the only reason I'm considering going with their product is because of yours & Chris's experience with them. The other reviews I'd read about them also indicate they make a quality product. And since I need a complete radiator & cooling system it seems to make sense to me to just get what I need from them.
I've already got a Spal fan controller so I can start at 50% fan speed.

Is your controller designed for the brushless fan? It’s a different animal than a standard brushed motor.

Reactions: reddvltj
I considered having them build me a custom shroud at the time, and in my review it looked to me like they do great work. I think getting a fan / shroud combo from them would be a good choice - and worth the money in my opinion.

They priced out a drop in radiator for me using that fan. Figured I’d get the engine first though.

This whole paint saga I guess came at right time. I'd ordered two quarts of SEM primer paint & as I'd posted prior the seller on Amazon shipped the paint via the slowest means possible. The paint did finally arrive on Monday Aug 8, but as seemed to be consistent with this order there were more issues.

20220809_103322.jpg

YEP only one quart of primer instead of the two quarts that I'd ordered. Now they did refund me the shipping cost since the paint hadn't arrived when it was supposed to. Heck once it didn't arrive on Friday it really didn't matter. And then to only receive one of the two quarts I'd ordered. Honestly this had to of been the worst buying experience I've had on Amazon.

So I've actually been doing good and have stayed off my leg 95% of the time which has allowed it to heal pretty fast. I'd gone to see my doctor on Tuesday and he'd agreed with the advice my prosthetist had given about staying off my leg as much as possible. But he'd also tried to make a band-aid that would allow me to wear my socket for limited periods. Things didn't work out and I'd popped the skin back open Tuesday night. So I have just been sitting and not wearing my prosthetic. And it's all paid off as my leg is almost healed.

20220812_150209.jpg

I get cast for my new socket on Tuesday. Still don't have a new design for the wrap for it so I might just use the old design.

They priced out a drop in radiator for me using that fan. Figured I’d get the engine first though.

I'd find out what the lead time is from when you order it to when you'll receive it. Would SUCK to have it all done and ready to go but not have your radiator and end up waiting on it for 3-4 months.

I'd find out what the lead time is from when you order it to when you'll receive it. Would SUCK to have it all done and ready to go but not have your radiator and end up waiting on it for 3-4 months.
We’ll aware, I’m not worried about that.

Called Wizard Cooling and talked with them for a while about my Jeep and what I might need to properly cool my engine. So I went a head and ordered their aluminum radiator with shroud & brushless Spal fan.

https://wizardcooling.com/i-30500929-wizard-cooling-1987-2006-jeep-wrangler-yjtj-crossflow-aluminum-radiator-with-single-brushless-fan-shroud-chevy-v8-1010-218bl.html#!year=2000||make=JEEP||model=WRANGLER

View attachment 351703

Current lead time is approximately 4 weeks before it ships.

You getting the Chevy model?