Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

On Saturday I took my daughter motorcycle shopping. She just wanted to look at new bikes and really isn't ready to pull the trigger on anything yet. While she was looking at naked & sport bikes I decided to look at Adventure bikes. If my plan of hauling my Jeep around the country and boondocking in the motorhome works out trying to ride my Road Glide Ultra CVO down a dirt or gravel road with ruts in it and mud if it decides to ran isn't really a great idea. But an Adventure bike should handle that type of terrain better.

So I traded in my CVO and got a new bike. All the extra parts aren't here yet so I won't get it for a couple of weeks. But here it is.

View attachment 400158

View attachment 400159

View attachment 400160

View attachment 400162

I know traded but can't resist.

giphy.gif

Wow that happened fast! That is a sweet bike. Hopefully you can hit some fun new trails around your house that the CVO couldn't do to test it out!

I'd been researching ADV bikes all winter so Saturday was a chance to ride some and see what I did and didn't like about them. OF all the bikes I rode the New Harley Pan American seemed to fit the best so I pulled the trigger on it.

I'm of course getting some panner boxes & top storage box for it & getting the Quick Shifter also installed.

I'd been researching ADV bikes all winter so Saturday was a chance to ride some and see what I did and didn't like about them. OF all the bikes I rode the New Harley Pan American seemed to fit the best so I pulled the trigger on it.
Yeah this is the way to do it really. When I'm buying a car I pretty much am ready to buy it based on prior research. Just need a test drive to make sure it feels like you'd expect, or a comparison between similar decisions.

Keeps them salesmen off your ass
I'm of course getting some panner boxes & top storage box for it & getting the Quick Shifter also installed.
Nice. It'll have more storage than the jeep

My guess is you will really like the upright stance. For me it is much more
comfortable than a cruiser.

The hard part for me will be bending my right leg to hit the peg but it's about the same on all the adv bikes I sat on. A few were farther back than the PAS. And this has linked brakes which means I don't need to get a thumb brake installed for the rear brake.

On Saturday I took my daughter motorcycle shopping. She just wanted to look at new bikes and really isn't ready to pull the trigger on anything yet. While she was looking at naked & sport bikes I decided to look at Adventure bikes. If my plan of hauling my Jeep around the country and boondocking in the motorhome works out trying to ride my Road Glide Ultra CVO down a dirt or gravel road with ruts in it and mud if it decides to ran isn't really a great idea. But an Adventure bike should handle that type of terrain better.

So I traded in my CVO and got a new bike. All the extra parts aren't here yet so I won't get it for a couple of weeks. But here it is.

View attachment 400158

View attachment 400159

View attachment 400160

View attachment 400162

I didn’t think this photo could get any more American, until I saw stock car racing on the tv 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Well I hope you got the olive green and not the yellow. I strangely fell motivated to buy an adventure bike. Not really! LOL, Anyway congratulations.

Hell yes I got the Olive Green. Yellow might be OK for a random Jeep here or there but not a bike. I'd have gotten the Gray if the Grean wasn't offered.

And BTW they called this the G.I. Enthusiast Collection & the color is Mineral Green Denim for the paint color.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/2022/pan-america-1250-special-gi.html

Last edited: