Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I'm learning as I go. Will check some of the local stores and see if anyone carries blasting media. What do you use?

Okay is abrasive media grit like sand paper grit? The higher the number the finer it is? And the lower the number the more coarse it is?

The media I am using right now is a 80 grit and the next step down from that is a 70 grit.

View attachment 163437
By this chart I really "F"d up. I'm using soda media and I should be using glass bead or walnut shell. So I really need to get some different media for my cabinet. Leason learned.....
I really like the finish from glass bead

Reactions: Wildman
This is pure 🔥 sexyness......

20200521_185609.jpg

20200521_185616.jpg

They either really cleaned up the old box or sent me a new one.

20200521_190134.jpg

And I had to get a new assist cylinder because my model was discontinued.

20200521_185857.jpg

The only bad part is that they sent the wrong reservoir cap back. So now I have to get the right one. Or send them my spare to have modified because they lost the first one I sent.

This is pure 🔥 sexyness......

View attachment 163466

View attachment 163467

They either really cleaned up the old box or sent me a new one.

View attachment 163469

And I had to get a new assist cylinder because my model was discontinued.

View attachment 163470

The only bad part is that they sent the wrong reservoir cap back. So now I have to get the right one. Or send them my spare to have modified because they lost the first one I sent.
Cut the gate out between 2-3. That way when you are creeping up something in 1st and things turn brown, you can slam reverse and save it.

Cut the gate out between 2-3. That way when you are creeping up something in 1st and things turn brown, you can slam reverse and save it.

Thanks. I wish they made one like that but it shouldn't be too hard to cut it out.

Tox has shipped the tubing so can I bug you for some pictures of how you do the cut on the frame where the mid arm brackets go? Also do you have any pictures of what you did with the rear to raise the frame when you are cutting at the bend?

Again thanks for all your help.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Okay is abrasive media grit like sand paper grit? The higher the number the finer it is? And the lower the number the more coarse it is?

The media I am using right now is a 80 grit and the next step down from that is a 70 grit.

View attachment 163437
By this chart I really "F"d up. I'm using soda media and I should be using glass bead or walnut shell. So I really need to get some different media for my cabinet. Leason learned.....
I won't buy HF media again. I picked up 50 lbs of glass a little bit ago and it broke down REALLY fast. I've used "one time use" coal slag more successfully. Honestly, for the castings and steel you're cleaning up, just run down to the farm store and pick up 50 lbs of black diamond coal slag for 10 bucks and be done with it. You'll save SO much time, especially if you're trying to use soda!

https://www.blackdiamondabrasives.com/products/black-diamond-coal-slag

I won't buy HF media again. I picked up 50 lbs of glass a little bit ago and it broke down REALLY fast. I've used "one time use" coal slag more successfully. Honestly, for the castings and steel you're cleaning up, just run down to the farm store and pick up 50 lbs of black diamond coal slag for 10 bucks and be done with it. You'll save SO much time, especially if you're trying to use soda!

https://www.blackdiamondabrasives.com/products/black-diamond-coal-slag

Okay I'll see what I can find in town tomorrow.

Been trying to mockup how the transmission shifter linkage is going to layout.

20200522_122756.jpg

20200522_123027.jpg

20200522_123032.jpg

I think I have a plan but won't know until I get it under the Jeep

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
@mrblaine you can tell me I'm fucked up like soup sandwich 🥪 but I'd like your input on how to mount the swaybar mounts.

20200522_134137.jpg

20200522_134146.jpg

20200522_134217.jpg

20200522_134228.jpg

20200522_134137.jpg

Do I need to make the triangle brace fit tighter to the C?
In the picture on your website it appears that the C doesn't curve as much as mine. Don't want to screw this up.

Reactions: TJ Starting
@mrblaine you can tell me I'm fucked up like soup sandwich 🥪 but I'd like your input on how to mount the swaybar mounts.

View attachment 163692

View attachment 163693

View attachment 163694

View attachment 163695

View attachment 163692

Do I need to make the triangle brace fit tighter to the C?
In the picture on your website it appears that the C doesn't curve as much as mine. Don't want to screw this up.
You're just gonna have to make them fit since they are for a TJ inner C.

I remember learning that trick a few years ago from UTV guys (who probably got it from the Jeep guys).

The less I think in terms of the stock drivetrain the more I realize that the 42RLE is not the answer the further I build.

I remember learning that trick a few years ago from UTV guys (who probably got it from the Jeep guys).

The less I'm constrained to the stock drivetrain the more I realize that the 42RLE is not the answer the further I build.
It also hates being shifted between D and R quickly, I hear that makes them blow up fast.

It also hates being shifted between D and R quickly, I hear that makes them blow up fast.
The one nice thing about having a 46RE transmission. It's from a full size truck so my Jeep even as a pig 🐖 isn't near what a Ram 2500 weighs. And this transmission was built to handle the added power of the 408.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat