Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

You haven't been around here long enough to have been witness to the whole Steel vs Aluminum debate and how some feel saving 200lbs or 300 lbs is VERY important...

I have steel armor so I'm WRONG and am OLD school. Last time I weighed my TJ before this whole rebuild it was just over 5K lbs with me in it.

Would you build it with aluminum if you could’ve done it all over again?

WOW, almost seems a shame to ceramic coat this exhaust. That stainless steel sure pops.
But I'll take the heat reduction.

View attachment 425560

View attachment 425561

Fantastic progress!

I have said it before, and I’m sure I will again, making the y-pipe for my TJ Hemi conversion was by far the hardest part of the entire build. And I started with a bare frame and did every single thing to make it whole again…

Fantastic progress!

I have said it before, and I’m sure I will again, making the y-pipe for my TJ Hemi conversion was by far the hardest part of the entire build. And I started with a bare frame and did every single thing to make it whole again…

Thanks. It's a lot of work but worth it in the end.

3 speed not 2....

I have 3.05 & 5.44 low ranges to choose from.
While not quite as deep as a Atlas 4 it's enough to know you're in low low.

@NashvilleTJ what does the Atlas 4 weigh? And overall length?

I thinks it’s something like 120 or 130 pounds. I don’t remember the exact length, but I remember it being shorter than a stock 231.

That is totally what I meant, damnit

It's a shame that STaK's failed. The new 3 speed is made by Hero and they fixed the issues with the STaK's.
But they are also $5K where I paid $2,800 for mine. It hasn't been without problems but at the time STaK's honored the warranty. Just meant down time for me.

The Atlas 4 wasn't released yet and would have been 6-9 months wait if I'd gone that direction.

What sucks now is that if mine takes a dump I'm SOL.

Good thing you aren’t sending LS power through it. ;)

If I was I'd never have to worry about it breaking.... :rolleyes:

It's more than up for the power It's other things that can happen.

I'm not sure if my current version is before or after the jumping out of low problem.
I'm on #3 of boxes. I never had problems with it before I parked it but who knows....

Forgot to add that after talking to them I did go with Glacier Black for the headers. And then Gray for the Y pipe and cat. Both coatings are rated for 1,000⁰ and have better thermal properties. So less heat being radiated from the exhaust.
So should help with the under hood temperature and under the tub too.

Forgot to add that after talking to them I did go with Glacier Black for the headers. And then Gray for the Y pipe and cat. Both coatings are rated for 1,000⁰ and have better thermal properties. So less heat being radiated from the exhaust.
So should help with the under hood temperature and under the tub too.

In retrospect - I wish I had coated my entire exhaust, instead of just the headers. Those cats and twin tubes under the passenger floor throw off a lot of heat.

In retrospect - I wish I had coated my entire exhaust, instead of just the headers. Those cats and twin tubes under the passenger floor throw off a lot of heat.

I melted part of one of the wrench rolls I had under my passenger seat in Moab last year and that’s all stock. I’ve got some more insulation for this year.