Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

In retrospect - I wish I had coated my entire exhaust, instead of just the headers. Those cats and twin tubes under the passenger floor throw off a lot of heat.

Which is why I decided to take the cat with me this time and ask if they could coat it too. They said that they plug the ends and only coat the outside.
I was also not sure about them coating the flex pipe I'd installed on the Y pipe but they said it wasn't a issue.
Can't wait to get it all back and see what it all looks like.

And not getting a hot foot is a added plus.

Been doing a stereo installation for my niece. Started on it yesterday before going to my daughter's birthday party. And finished it up today.

20230521_140806.jpg

20230521_140856.jpg

Even got the backup camera working.

20230521_141241.jpg

Dropped the exhaust off @ Performance Coating. Turn around time is 7-10 days.

$260 for the headers
$110 for the Y pipe
$40 for the cat.

$410 plus what uncle Jay wants...
Not too expensive IMO.
Forgot to add that after talking to them I did go with Glacier Black for the headers. And then Gray for the Y pipe and cat. Both coatings are rated for 1,000⁰ and have better thermal properties. So less heat being radiated from the exhaust.
So should help with the under hood temperature and under the tub too.

You think this might be a good option for stock exhaust when doing a tuck? Or just in general?

Don't know enough about exhausts to know if the stock pipes are coated or not.

Reactions: RINC
You think this might be a good option for stock exhaust when doing a tuck? Or just in general?

Don't know enough about exhausts to know if the stock pipes are coated or not.

From what I know about the subject yes I think it could help. Coating the exhaust is supposed to help the engine run better. It will obviously make the exhaust last longer if you live in a place where rust is an issue.

Here's some reason to ceramic coat your exhaust.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/...mic-Coat-your-Exhaust-Headers-and-Turbo-Parts

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
Reactions: reddvltj
Chay-na.
HF vice with the Wilton name. (n)

Ryan said he could get a Wilson on Amazon. And it was similar to the one I got.

I know the HF one isn't a heavy duty vise but it won't see a lot of heavy work. And if I sell this place soon I'd hate to leave a nice vise here.