Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I would like it to exit the rear. Though, that would be a BIG jump over the axle.

Yep so would I but with this 3" exhaust pipe there really isn't a EASY way to achieve this. Which is why I'm doing the turndown from the muffler.
Just not sure if the 45* or the 90* turndown will work better.

How did you manage that?

1685883768426.gif

Yep so would I but with this 3" exhaust pipe there really isn't a EASY way to achieve this. Which is why I'm doing the turndown from the muffler.
Just not sure if the 45* or the 90* turndown will work better.

Mines been cutoff after the muffler (without a turn down even) since last Moab trip and it really hasn't been an issue with the exhaust tbh even with half doors for whatever that helps

How did you manage that?

Had the ground on the frame to and was on my creeper and thought I had missed the cable as I was moving from the rear tab to the two on the middle of the frame. But NOPE I must have hooked the cable and yanked it off the frame. Ground clamp NAILED me in the head. You know the deal I tried to dodge/duck or bob & weave but not a lot of room for that under the Jeep.

Had the ground on the frame to and was on my creeper and thought I had missed the cable as I was moving from the rear tab to the two on the middle of the frame. But NOPE I must have hooked the cable and yanked it off the frame. Ground clamp NAILED me in the head. You know the deal I tried to dodge/duck or bob & weave but not a lot of room for that under the Jeep.

It's cos you didn't dodge twice. Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.

Mines been cutoff after the muffler (without a turn down even) since last Moab trip and it really hasn't been an issue with the exhaust tbh even with half doors for whatever that helps

I might just wait and see how I like it with just the muffler there. Mostly I was figuring that the downturn would help a bit with the sound.

Reactions: lBasket
Well DAMN....If I had the correct flex lines I'd have my brakes all plumbed. And then I could have got them bled and working.

Front axle brake line.

20230604_141735.jpg

20230604_141808.jpg

The split for the ball valve (parking brake)

20230604_141832.jpg

Rear brake line.

20230604_141848.jpg

And then the brake line running to the rear.

20230604_141921.jpg

Just for others who might be doing this at some point.

Both the front and rear lines are 36" in length. Now if you're running stock length control arms in the front your length would be 33" or 34" but because I've stretched the front mine is longer.

Well DAMN....If I had the correct flex lines I'd have my brakes all plumbed. And then I could have got them bled and working.

Front axle brake line.

View attachment 429927

View attachment 429928

The split for the ball valve (parking brake)

View attachment 429929

Rear brake line.

View attachment 429930

And then the brake line running to the rear.

View attachment 429931

Just for others who might be doing this at some point.

Both the front and rear lines are 36" in length. Now if you're running stock length control arms in the front your length would be 33" or 34" but because I've stretched the front mine is longer.

A maze of braided steel

A maze of braided steel

It's going to look worse once I run the air lines for the air springs and air tank. Plus I've still got to get the EVAP canister line ran.

I'd bought a new one to replace the old one but don't remember how it was routed.

20230604_151158.jpg

And since I can't run them down the inside of the frame anymore neither of them lay in there right.

20230604_151204.jpg

I'd figured I'd be able to figure it out but no luck yet.

20230604_151218.jpg

Since you have a 97 can you take pictures of yours?

I got the rubber grommets installed and the flex lines tightened down on the ball valve.

20230604_150848.jpg

20230604_150857.jpg

The ball valve & lines.

20230604_150910.jpg

Then since I'm only using one front brake line I needed to cap off one port of the distribution block.

20230604_151037.jpg

Everything is ready for the flex lines to the axles.

It's going to look worse once I run the air lines for the air springs and air tank. Plus I've still got to get the EVAP canister line ran.

I'd bought a new one to replace the old one but don't remember how it was routed.

View attachment 429939

And since I can't run them down the inside of the frame anymore neither of them lay in there right.

View attachment 429940

I'd figured I'd be able to figure it out but no luck yet.

View attachment 429942

Since you have a 97 can you take pictures of yours?

My evap line? I'll take pics for you but not exactly sure what you need why would the evap line leave the engine bay

My evap line? I'll take pics for you but not exactly sure what you need why would the evap line leave the engine bay

You should have a line going from the EVAP canister to the fuel tank. It catches the fuel vapors. So that you don't have the fuel smell like older cars did. Not that it ever bothered me.

You should have a line going from the EVAP canister to the fuel tank. It catches the fuel vapors. So that you don't have the fuel smell like older cars did. Not that it ever bothered me.

It's supposed to be mostly clear with no rain tomorrow, so I can slide under the '00 after IA get home from work and grab a couple pics.

Reactions: Wildman
It's supposed to be mostly clear with no rain tomorrow, so I can slide under the '00 after IA get home from work and grab a couple pics.

Honestly I need to see the ends of the line.
One at the fuel tank and then one where the metal line goes to the rubber line into the EVAP canister.

Looking at this picture in the parts manual it looks like the end with all the bends go at the engine end.

1685919910454.png

I was going to quit for the day but I might go out and try to get this routed still today. And I've got to see if I can find the rubber end that is supposed to go to the EVAP canister.