Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Damn it's not my month for crap happening to my leg. Got a new sore on my leg that is going to keep me from working on the Jeep for a few more days. I hate using crutches and this one is going to make it hard to wear my prosthetic.

20200618_000450.jpg

20200618_000512.jpg

Just got back from a doctor's visit and it's official stay off my leg until this heals up. I have a staph infection that has to be cured for this to go away. So I'm on crutches for a few days. Which means I can't be out in the garage working. 😕

I'm totally bummed about this and will follow doctor's orders but not happy about it.

Last edited:
The antibiotics seem to be working as my leg is already starting to feel better. I had 4 open sores that I have to allow to scab over before I can wear my socket again.

Off subject a little but when I was shopping for new tow rig a lot of people suggested that I get a medium duty truck like a Freightliner FL model. And I kept saying I didn't want one for those rare times I couldn't wear a socket and still needed to drive my truck. I could still get into my Ram 3500 on crutches but if I had a medium duty rig there is no way I could get up into the cab.

Will keep you all posted and let you know when I am back out working again. Got a little done with the wiring diagrams today.

Reactions: Hog and jjvw
Well DAMN it's back together and I've only got the welds on top of the frame left to grind smooth.

View attachment 170547

View attachment 170548

Everything lined up and went back together really well. Not going to mention what some of my welds looked like but it sure is KEWL watching metal flow together.
Progress, some days I wasn't sure I'd see this.
Wow looks great!!

Damn it's not my month for crap happening to my leg. Got a new sore on my leg that is going to keep me from working on the Jeep for a few more days. I hate using crutches and this one is going to make it hard to wear my prosthetic.
You know a simple description would suffice, the vivid leg sore pictures are not helping anyone 🤢🤪😬

Just got back from a doctor's visit and it's official stay off my leg until this heals up. I have a staff infection that has to be cured for this to go away. So I'm on crutches for a few days. Which means I can't be out in the garage working. 😕

I'm totally bummed about this and will follow doctor's orders but not happy about it.

Please follow dr orders full course of antibiotic, not just until it feels better, wait a couple days past when you can maybe not use crutches, etc. Is largely taken for granted now but staff used to be a leading killer and if gets beyond localized wound still can be.

Reactions: Wildman
You know a simple description would suffice, the vivid leg sore pictures are not helping anyone 🤢🤪😬

Well you know a picture is worth a thousand words...... It's amazing how something so small can stop you.

Please follow dr orders full course of antibiotic, not just until it feels better, wait a couple days past when you can maybe not use crutches, etc. Is largely taken for granted now but staff used to be a leading killer and if gets beyond localized wound still can be.

Thanks I will. It's just nice to have the sores not hurt as much. I will follow the doctors orders and take all my pills.

Well another day of sitting..... Sores are closing up but wore my socket for about 30 minutes and popped the sores open again. This is getting really old fast but better to wait until I am healed up than be stubborn and cause more issues.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Hope your doing better...Hurry up and get back to work on this Jeep. I’m running out of things to read in the “library”🤣

Well I'd post a picture but @BOOmbOOm has a WEAK stomach and can't handle tame pictures of my leg. Damn I'd hate to show him some of the pictures of what it looked like when I got shot or right after they CHOPPED my leg off. :ROFLMAO: :LOL::D:oops:.

Was worried about him when he couldn't remove 4 bolts from his exhaust now I'm more worried.

I'm hoping I'll be back working on the Jeep in the next day or two. Sores are healing up just fine.

Well I am going to be giving my leg at least another day of rest before I try to wear my socket anymore. I wore it for a little over an hour today and still have some leakage from the sores. The good news is most of the pain from wearing my socket is gone which is a HUGE plus for me.

This is my first experiance with not being able to wear my socket and has been a huge eye opening experiance to this. For those who don't have to deal with these things it isn't even a thought to how do you get around but it has been a experiance for me. I'm not complaining and wouldn't change what has happened.

Just know that I'll be back at it again here in a few days and I'll have my Jeep back together ASAP.

I'm starting to lose faith in my machine shop choice. I dropped my block, heads & assorted parts off back in April and told them to take their time as I wasn't in a hurry. But we are 2 months later now and when I had spoken to them about 2 weeks ago they had told me my engine was NEXT. Then I called them yesterday and got told they had a back up in the shop so my engine still hadn't been worked on yet. Granted I am not ready to be putting my engine together BUT I could really use the block to be checking clearances with the front suspension. Guess once I am able to go back out and work on the Jeep again I'll work on other things.

Quick update on ME:
Been taking my antibiotics now for 9 days and my leg is healing up really well. Hopefully it will keep on healing and not give me anymore problems. If things keep going as they are now I am shooting for being able to start working on the Jeep again Monday. And just for @B00mb00m here's a picture. :ROFLMAO:

20200627_102907.jpg

20200627_102917.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m
Just got done talking with @tykesplace for about an hour or so as he picked up the old engine and transmission from my Jeep. Loaded everything into his truck and he's headed back to Montana.

20200627_163817.jpg

Reactions: Vasq and JMT
Nothing new to add yet as the one sore on my leg wasn't healed yet so I have still been taking it easy. I think I'll be able to get back to work on the Jeep starting tomorrow but it might be Thursday. Since I still don't have my engine back from the machine shop yet I can't start messing with the front suspension. So instead it's time to work on the interior of the Jeep. I'll get everything stripped out so I can clean up the inside and then I am going to look into coating the interior with Lizard Skin but am not 100% sure yet.

Reactions: JMT
Oh thanks for the picture updates. Looking like a real bowl of fruit now. Hang in there, don't rush it! Man having witnessed what accubonds due to bone in large mammals i have ZERO fucking desire to be getting shot at. I tell you what, you shouldn't have to buy your own beer for the rest of your life if you take a bullet in the leg.

Was worried about him when he couldn't remove 4 bolts from his exhaust now I'm more worried.

Hey now, I didnt try to remove the 4 bolts, so technically that doesn't mean I couldn't, but just that I didn't. I got a few bolts on a Ford steering gear to do this weekend! Must be nice living that Cummins life. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Oh thanks for the picture updates. Looking like a real bowl of fruit now. Hang in there, don't rush it! Man having witnessed what accubonds due to bone in large mammals i have ZERO fucking desire to be getting shot at. I tell you what, you shouldn't have to buy your own beer for the rest of your life if you take a bullet in the leg.

7.62mm (.308) does a job on you. Worse yet when it hits bone. This is the exit wound.

MVC-470F.JPG

And here is the entry point.

MVC-467F.JPG

X-Ray of my leg.

R legblack.jpg

I'm a walking hardware store with all the crap they have implanted into my body. I lost 2cm of length in my right leg due to that bullet. There are 12 screws holding my femur back together.

This is the machine gun that shot me.

240.jpg

Last edited:
7.62mm (.308) does a job on you. Worse yet when it hits bone. This is the exit wound.

View attachment 173695

And here is the entry point.

View attachment 173696

X-Ray of my leg.

View attachment 173697

I'm a walking hardware store with all the crap they have implanted into my body. I lost 2cm of length in my right leg due to that bullet. There are 12 screws holding my femur back together.

This is the machine gun that shot me.

View attachment 173698
Shite. I thought there would be little bits of terrorists and lots of ketchup stains around the offending boomstick. Was this friendly fire?