Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I have the lower radiator hose, the upper is a bit of an issue because Superior put the upper hose inlet on the same side as the lower hose (so both are on pass side). So I'm kind of chopping and modifying a couple hose segments to work on the upper since I'm doing an inline temp sensor, not the probe style.

Reactions: Wildman
Back to my snowblower, found a complete carburetor on Amazon for it for $15 so it's on it's way and will be here next week. So I'll have it fixed and ready for that damn white stuff piling up on my driveway.

@Wildman electric fan. I bought a combo kit from Superior Radiator. So I got a quality American made aluminum radiator and they threw the fan on for just a little more. Glad I did that because I ordered it before I fully had the engine in its place and wouldn't have had room for a mechanical. From the picture you posted it looks like they were able to squeeze like a 1L burp bottle on the passenger side in front of the air intake?

I don't know how guys get the mechanical fan in there with the AA mounts in the pinned location.

The heater hoses you run the one off the front drivers side that has the metal pipe on it back to the heater and then the other one comes to the outlet on the passenger front side.

Reactions: TreverStevens
I have the lower radiator hose, the upper is a bit of an issue because Superior put the upper hose inlet on the same side as the lower hose (so both are on pass side). So I'm kind of chopping and modifying a couple hose segments to work on the upper since I'm doing an inline temp sensor, not the probe style.

The intake I have has two holes for a water temp probe so I am going to try to use one to control my fan. If that doesn't work I'll put one inline with the upper hose.

Ya, no clue how they do that at all because I even cut the pins off my mounts and moved them back so I only had about 1/2" of clearance against the firewall and the backside of the engine. I had heard some negative things about the probe style both from TJ guys doing the Magnum swap and just in the car community in general. To buy all the inline stuff was fairly cheap between Summit and Amazon, so I went that route.

Reactions: Wildman
I used one of those universal ribbed hoses for the upper when installed the aluminum radiator. Who ever built it must not of had a TJ there to mock it up on. The radiator sits WAY to high so I had to cut up the lower and and pipe to make it work and then the universal for the upper.

I can't find my pictures of the aluminum radiator installed for some reason.

IMG_7128.JPG

IMG_7129.JPG

This is my engine.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Here is that CRAP radiator. Notice how the filler neck is even with the core. So you can't fill the radiator completely and then the tank on the drivers side is only about 1/2" thick.

IMG_9044.JPG

See the one heater hose on the right of the picture?

IMG_9047.JPG

IMG_9051.JPG

Reactions: Blondie70
And the other heater hose goes on the nipple on the left side of the picture on the front of the intake.

IMG_0077.JPG

Well today FedEx failed me. They normally arrive here before noon so if I have parts coming thru then I can still get some work done. But unfortunately today they didn't arrive until after 1730. So I have the heater and will be installing them tomorrow and then will see how they help with the temp in the garage.

20201030_172833.jpg

Fingers crossed.

Okay I had PLANNED on posting a lot sooner about this but this week has turned out to be a shitty week for me. Was sick the first two days and had a VA appointment yesterday. Came home and was sick again most of the night. But got up today and went out to the garage and got one of the heaters installed. I've got to do a little more planning before I install the second heater. But I can say dang nab but that heater puts out some heat.

20201105_135743.jpg

Wired and working. Will go out later to see how it is doing. Still don't feel 100% so am done for the day.

Got me some new toys to play with....
20201106_163852.jpg

Last week I ordered the spacers I needed for my motor mount on the drivers side of the block. The 5.2 has wider castings on the block for the motor mounts so if you're doing a 5.9 you have to use these spacers. Well of course since when I had my engine swap done it was a 5.2 I didn't have the spacers and Backwoods didn't give them to me. They arrived today.

20201109_152308.jpg

20201109_152320.jpg

And then I worked on the snowblower. But I'm back waiting on parts again. The carburetor has a flange adapter that goes between the carb & engine. The one that I have one of the screws that goes in it is stripped out and I can't get it out. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

20201109_153707.jpg

20201109_153733.jpg

Little brother of the 724, loved my 724. They do not make them like that anymore. Had carb issues with the 7 on there and finding parts, at the time FIL had a snow 8hp laying around. Tossed the 7 and put the 8 on. Worked like a charm and I could put it on high and tackle anything. (Yes I hot rodded a snowblower).

Little brother of the 724, loved my 724. They do not make them like that anymore. Had carb issues with the 7 on there and finding parts, at the time FIL had a snow 8hp laying around. Tossed the 7 and put the 8 on. Worked like a charm and I could put it on high and tackle anything. (Yes I hot rodded a snowblower).

I traded a 4 door Blazer that had a bad engine in it for this snowblower. It isn't a 2 or 3 stage like some of the newer ones but it does okay. At some point I want to get a newer one or maybe a garden tractor with a blower or plow. But I'm sort of holding off to see if I decide to move. Plus I'd rather spend my money on Jeep parts....

Reactions: motomick76