Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Got the second heater installed today along with some other small stuff. It snowed yesterday so I hope my parts for the snowblower come in soon. Got to do some rearranging so I can work on stuff and not bump into stuff all the time.

The lag bolt they include with heaters I didn't feel comfortable with but I had some longer ones laying around that I used instead.

20201111_123140.jpg

Heater is wired in a ready to go.

20201111_130501.jpg

20201111_130447.jpg

Only about an inch of snow but it was the wet heavy type.

20201110_070702.jpg

20201111_080245.jpg

20201111_080250.jpg

Good choice! Look like sheet metal screws they gave.

Their install instructions said I could use them in wood but if you were only going with one lag screw you should install a longer one.

I haven't left them on at night yet to see if they help with the temp inside. I think since it's suppose to be down into the low 20's* tonight I will try them out and see what happens.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Well the first test of the heaters was a success at this point. The thermostat on the heaters doesn't have a temp reading on them just some tick marks. So I'd turned the heaters up to just a little past the OFF setting last night and it was in the mid to low 20's last night. Went out this morning and the garage was warm enough I could be out there working. So at this point it seems to working.

Next is once it cools off a little more and seeing how it does and then to see how much of a SHOCK it is to my electric bill.

Found it! Jeez, snow already. The political temp in Ca is bad but the weather keeps me here. That is a nice distribution/fuse box in the shop. Stay warm and dry! I'll be checking in over here for now. Boog's temptations were too great.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Found it! Jeez, snow already. The political temp in Ca is bad but the weather keeps me here. That is a nice distribution/fuse box in the shop. Stay warm and dry! I'll be checking in over here for now. Boog's temptations were too great.

There is a WHOLE other story to my power in my garage. The short of it was the contractor who built my garage and set my home in place tried to argue with me that I didn't need a 200amp service in the garage. He tried to weasel out of installing it but I was like NOPE I paid for it and you're gunna install it.

Reactions: WSS and motomick76
Nothing new on the Jeep at this point but I do have parts for my snowblower that arrived today. So I have a VA appointment tomorrow so I'll be working on it Thursday. Then I can get it out of my way so I can work on assembling the engine. Then I can get it set in the frame and finish verifying clearance and such.
20201117_163807.jpg

There is a WHOLE other story to my power in my garage. The short of it was the contractor who built my garage and set my home in place tried to argue with me that I didn't need a 200amp service in the garage. He tried to weasel out of installing it but I was like NOPE I paid for it and you're gunna install it.
Haha. Weasel for sure. Every garage needs at kleast 200a of single phase. I did my own pull from two directions. The single phase 220v came from house on 200 amps (well, before the house really, but between the meter though) and the 3ph came from my shop, 230v 200amp. That was a trick. Had to cut up a bunch of asphalt and grass. 170 foot run of 4/4 cable.

What the fuck did he expect you do without 220? Whip out the glue stick to put metal together??

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Who knows what the guy was thinking but once I said NOPE you have to supply 200 amp he did it. The funny part was his guys had to hand dig the trench because they'd already set the steps for my back door and they couldn't go around it.

Reactions: Alex01
Well it's only taken me 12+ years to finally do this.... I'd been working in my garage using work lights on stands for stupid reasons and I'd finally gotten tired of fighting the damn things. So here a few weeks ago Harbor Freight was having a sale on their 4' shop lights. So I ordered 4 of them to put up in my garage. I ran the wires from the single light in the garage to a outlet that I put in the rafters and then ran another wire from there to another outlet so I can hook up 4 of the 4' lights. Of course I had to open the vehicle doors so I had enough light so I could connect to the single bulb fixture. Took me longer than I thought it would and it got DAMN cold but I go it done. So right now I only have 2 of the LED shop light fixtures hung but now I can close the doors and get some heat again.

20201124_141456.jpg

Let there be LIGHT!! One of those projects I have to ask myself WHY didn't I do this sooner but now I can hand the other 2 LED shop lights and this project will be done. Then I need to do come cleaning and straightening up before I start to assemble the engine. I can't believe I waited to do this.

oh my.......... what i could do with that amount of space. looks nice n bright.

You can collect al kinds of JUNK you don't need and then not have room for all of it...

Time to hang 2 more lights and then start cleaning so I can assemble the engine and then back to working on the Jeep.

hows those heaters workin? i'm still debating 1 and just run my extension to it as needed. kerosene sucks no forced air takes 3hrs to build up any heat.

hows those heaters workin? i'm still debating 1 and just run my extension to it as needed.

So far they are working great. I don't have them turned up very high as I'm just trying to take the chill off so I can work with out gloves. It's been down into the high 20*'s at night and in the mid 30*'s during the day. The test will be when it's 0-10* out, we don't see temps much below that. The BIG thing will be to see how much this increases my electricity bill.

OK all 4 lights are hung and working. I need 2 more that I'll install above where the doors are for light at the end of the garage.

20201124_162610.jpg

They are just HF cheap lights.

20201124_162617.jpg

All lit up.

20201124_165257.jpg

20201124_165303.jpg

Let there be light....

Damn what a mess. I think I liked it better when I couldn't see everything.. :unsure: o_O:ROFLMAO:

Tomorrow I'll work on trying to organize and straighten things up some before I do anything else.

The carburetor I'd bought for my snowblower won't work so I'm gunna try to fix my old one instead. And then it's engine assembly time.

Tomorrow I'll work on trying to organize and straighten things up some before I do anything else.

The carburetor I'd bought for my snowblower won't work so I'm gunna try to fix my old one instead. And then it's engine assembly time.
LED lights were probably best thing I added to my garage. Loved having extra light For your snowblower I would say heck with that carb, and toss that motor. Pull the pulley off, measure diameter of crank, and find a winter motor with same crank diameter. It's probably 3/4", and as I recall most motors today have 3/4" cranks. Redrill mounting holes to fitness motor, hookup throttle, and go.