Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

LED lights were probably best thing I added to my garage. Loved having extra light For your snowblower I would say heck with that carb, and toss that motor. Pull the pulley off, measure diameter of crank, and find a winter motor with same crank diameter. It's probably 3/4", and as I recall most motors today have 3/4" cranks. Redrill mounting holes to fitness motor, hookup throttle, and go.

Been looking at different motors and for my old snowblower and then looked to see who was having any Black Friday sales.

Found a Troy-Bilt tracked snowblower at Home Depot that I like.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Troy-Bi...-Chute-Control-Storm-Tracker-2690XP/306093608
The other option is a garden tractor with a snowblower mounted on it.

1606358019629.png

Not really how I want to spend Jeep money right now but I need a working snowblower. I love the white stuff but hate it at the same time.

I gotta laugh at your ongoing saga, only because I have the same thing going on! I have a 1964 simplicity lawn tractor with a blower. It's been in process of being rebuilt for about 4 years. I sold my other tractor this year (the one that ran) so now I HAVE to finish my project. Almost done now. It was factory with a 6 hp , pull start engine and two speed transmission. It now has a 12HP, electric start, lights, battery, and a 3 speed transmission (for rear PTO ability).

Gotta finish this before my Jeep goes in the garage and I start my winter project on that.

IMG_20201126_091615988.jpg

Last edited:
Mike,
That is a great lookin tractor you have there. The part that chaps my ass about this whole thing is that it's something I only will use for 2-3 months out of the year. So I hate spending money on it. But I'm to damn old to be out there trying to shovel my driveway when it snows. The snowblower I have now is OLD and pretty basic compared to some of the newer ones I've been looking at. But then I decided I'd also look at some of these garden tractor mounted snowblowers or plow. The closest one with a plow is about 90+ minutes away so the tractor with a snowblower win. At least it also comes with a mower deck so I can cut the grass with it.

At some point I'm gunna move so I don't have to deal with snow anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
I came across this digital gauge cluster on a different forum. I don't know why but I am a sucker for digital gauges. I really like it and think it looks KOOLLLLLLLLL...……………………..

https://www.intellitronix.com/product-page/jeep-97-06-tj-led-digital-gauge-panel
So I am not sure yet if one will find it's way into my TJ or not. Only time will tell. I've had a digital gauge cluster in a Jeep before but it was an older CJ-5.

View attachment 80427

View attachment 80428

View attachment 80429

So they offer it in White, Blue, Green or Red for colors.
Want... 😆
Hope i can find one, I like digital too

Mike,
That is a great lookin tractor you have there. The part that chaps my ass about this whole thing is that it's something I only will use for 2-3 months out of the year. So I hate spending money on it. But I'm to damn old to be out there trying to shovel my driveway when it snows. The snowblower I have now is OLD and pretty basic compared to some of the newer ones I've been looking at. But then I decided I'd also look at some of these garden tractor mounted snowblowers or plow. The closest one with a plow is about 90+ minutes away so the tractor with a snowblower win. At least it also comes with a mower deck so I can cut the grass with it.

At some point I'm gunna move so I don't have to deal with snow anymore.
Once you use a good tractor mounted blower, you're gonna wonder why it took you so long. This is my old set-up....

1606492692066.png

I could do my drive in about 10 minutes. I used to fire it up and do my drive, and all my neighbors, before my coffee got cold. I've "downgraded" a bit now. I was REALLY into the old Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers stuff before I got the jeep. I think I had 6 of em at my max.

That little tractor I posted above started out like this...

1606493021735.png

In case you still wanna play with a walk behind. Amazon had a BF deal today for a battery operated single stage. It was only 250 bucks or something.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YT8VZF6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Want... 😆
Hope i can find one, I like digital too

If you like Green here's a digital dash for &80 off..

Jeep Wrangler LED Digital Gauge Panel - Green (97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ) (extremeterrain.com)

Once you use a good tractor mounted blower, you're gonna wonder why it took you so long. This is my old set-up....

View attachment 206176

I could do my drive in about 10 minutes. I used to fire it up and do my drive, and all my neighbors, before my coffee got cold. I've "downgraded" a bit now. I was REALLY into the old Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers stuff before I got the jeep. I think I had 6 of em at my max.

That little tractor I posted above started out like this...

View attachment 206178

In case you still wanna play with a walk behind. Amazon had a BF deal today for a battery operated single stage. It was only 250 bucks or something.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YT8VZF6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Well after a lot of talking and thought I have decided I'll stick with a walk behind since I don't have that much driveway and it gets a little tight around vehicles and stuff. Also gunna go with a wheeled rig instead of a tracked.

That is a great project on that tractor.

Well Morris 4WD came thru for me but I'm sure this was just Dropped Shipped. A little shocked that FedEx just left a $1,100 of stereo and other parts sitting on my steps. I'd have thought they would have required a signature

20201205_163722.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: taylormade73
Fedex and covid work well together.

Lets here about this new stereo.....Very interested, GPS?

Yes it is a Insane Audio DD2001 DD2001 - Insane Audio

GPS/Bluetooth/WiFi & a ton of other stuff.

With the Black Friday sales I got it for $700 which is $300 off normal price. It also has the settings for both a rear camera & Rock Camera facing forward. And it has the Throttle app installed & comes with a Bluetooth doogle that plugs into the OBDII port so you can have gauges on the display. It's got a android OS so you can install apps on it.
Has a microSD slot & USB ports plus a Apple port.

I was looking for a new GPS and wanted one in the dash if I could find one. I might keep my Lowrance GPS also but we'll see how good the stored GPS trail maps are.

Do you know if it can be loaded with the Gaia app? That would be awesome. Tops and satellite tracking. IA m going to look into that one. My deck in my TJ is budget and I am looking to step it up.

How are things going? Daughters school, is she on campus right now? Kali is crumbling fast. The new "orders" are just enough to send the hopeful businesses back to the ice age. LOL. Our particular school is part open but not sure how long.

Just "browsed" the insane site. Pretty neat stuff. Your model has it's own topo and imagery driver. If you can load gpx files (they seem to understand the needs pretty well) then you have tons of files to choose from. Great idea and execution from them. I am seriously considering the same one, it is the obvious leader in the product line up.

Reactions: Wildman
Well it's only taken me 12+ years to finally do this.... I'd been working in my garage using work lights on stands for stupid reasons and I'd finally gotten tired of fighting the damn things. So here a few weeks ago Harbor Freight was having a sale on their 4' shop lights. So I ordered 4 of them to put up in my garage. I ran the wires from the single light in the garage to a outlet that I put in the rafters and then ran another wire from there to another outlet so I can hook up 4 of the 4' lights. Of course I had to open the vehicle doors so I had enough light so I could connect to the single bulb fixture. Took me longer than I thought it would and it got DAMN cold but I go it done. So right now I only have 2 of the LED shop light fixtures hung but now I can close the doors and get some heat again.

View attachment 205617

Let there be LIGHT!! One of those projects I have to ask myself WHY didn't I do this sooner but now I can hand the other 2 LED shop lights and this project will be done. Then I need to do come cleaning and straightening up before I start to assemble the engine. I can't believe I waited to do this.
This garage has seen a lot of projects! :D

Reactions: Wildman
This garage has seen a lot of projects! :D

Between Jeeps/ Harley's/ Cummins powered trucks I've done a lot of work over the years that I've lived here. Honestly have no excuse why I didn't get lights out there other than being stubborn and only thinking about it when I didn't have the funds to do it.

Next is get some insulation into the roof & walls.

Do you know if it can be loaded with the Gaia app? That would be awesome. Tops and satellite tracking. IA m going to look into that one. My deck in my TJ is budget and I am looking to step it up.

How are things going? Daughters school, is she on campus right now? Kali is crumbling fast. The new "orders" are just enough to send the hopeful businesses back to the ice age. LOL. Our particular school is part open but not sure how long.

According to this video all those Navigation apps will work in the radio but it also already comes with 3D Topo maps installed from Insane Audio. I can't say how well it works nor can I compare since I've never tried any of those apps before.

Episode 3: Insane Audio Review - YouTube

• Wow
Reactions: motomick76 and WSS
Well after everyone talking about doing things for the front dash speakers I figured I'd try these enclosures out.

20201207_153357.jpg

20201207_153406.jpg

20201207_153414.jpg

So new stereo and these enclosures we'll see how it sounds. I have speaker pods with aftermarket speakers and an amp so it'll be interesting to hear.