Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

no, just happened to pop in. no wonder the shelves were empty. figured i'd see if they might have some PTFE heat shrink.
17 is a steal but i don't feel ripped off at 24 it's bright as hell. maybe i'll look for the coupon and snag another.

Reactions: Wildman

Sorry I couldn't find the stupid coupon. I looked and must have deleted it when it came in.

SO my Skinny Steering Kit from Red Rock came in today. Not much to it but the kit costs less than $100 so it's a good alternative to a replacement type stock steering that goes for $175 or more.

20210105_105601.jpg

And the Comp Cam push rod length checker rods came also.

20210105_105803.jpg

These check between 6.8 to 7.8 and the stock Dodge Magnum V-8 push road length is 6.78.

20210105_105824.jpg

Went up to my mailbox to check the mail and NO BILLS... WHoot WHoot.... But I did get tools and parts.

No one makes the fancy dancy priming rod for MOPAR for the oil pump like they do for that BOWTIE junk.

20210105_124211.jpg

All you get is a rod that goes into the oil pump. But this way I can check and make sure everything is getting oiled like it should.

20210105_124240.jpg

Then from Rogue Fabrication I got a machined knob for my 20 ton press.

20210105_124319.jpg

20210105_124324.jpg

Not Jeep related but I got the bracket for my starter on my snowblower that broke last week. Funny part is almost all of out snow has melted off.

20210105_124247.jpg

20210105_124251.jpg

20210105_124257.jpg

20210105_124301.jpg

Ebay to the rescue again.

And as a side note the saga of the Cam Woodruff Key continues. Can't get one locally and MOPAR doesn't make them anymore so I ordered one from HiPoTek along with some other parts.

That kit only works if there are no spark plug wires to have to clear...

;)

I'll take it over having another bushing MELT on me. I can tie plug wires off to the side or put some fancy dancy plug wire loom on my valve covers.

Gunna run something like this.

1609944374498.png

And a few with the air cleaner installed.

20201229_171750-jpg.jpg

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen put on a Jeep. I want a invitation to hear it roar! In a way I am sad, because it will be hiding under a Jeep hood. I think we owe it something as grand as the six pack herself, an appropriate hood to match. I propose grafting a scoop onto the hood, giving her the proper recognition.

c8a.jpg

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen put on a Jeep. I want a invitation to hear it roar! In a way I am sad, because it will be hiding under a Jeep hood. I think we owe it something as grand as the six pack herself, an appropriate hood to match. I propose grafting a scoop onto the hood, giving her the proper recognition.

View attachment 215967

I think it should be a SHAKER scoop if I'm gunna cut the hood.

Jeez! Ya gotta let off the gas!

It's why I want to take the headers and Y-pipe over to a shop in Auburn and get them ceramic coated. That V-8 makes a lot of heat under the hood.

Reactions: motomick76
SHAKER scoop

I like that too, actually see 'shake' a bit! 😀

unnamed.jpg

That V-8 makes a lot of heat under the hood

And you are going to have more than before, good plan to have them coated. Dad had his headers on the drag car coated, made big difference. It is always a challenge to get drag cars cooled down before the next run. We would spray down the radiator with ice water, kept the water pump going, etc.

I like that too, actually see 'shake' a bit! 😀

View attachment 215994

And you are going to have more than before, good plan to have them coated. Dad had his headers on the drag car coated, made big difference. It is always a challenge to get drag cars cooled down before the next run. We would spray down the radiator with ice water, kept the water pump going, etc.

Yes that would be KEWL to see that scoop rockin back for forth. But it's a HIGH entry cost.... $2250

440 6 Pack Shaker Bubble Kit - Shaker Cuda Hemi Auto Parts | ShakerHood Products

I've got to see how much hood clearance I'm gunna have once I get it installed. I hope it'll fit under the hood as it sits but we'll see.
I have been thinking about getting a different air cleaner setup made that was enclosed with a tube in the rear so I could run it to my firewall and make a cowl intake for it.

Yes with the old V-8 I have a LOT of heat under the hood which was why I'd put the louvers on my old hood. The trans tunnel would get so hot you couldn't even put a insulated cup in the cup holder with ice in it as it would melt it because it was so warm.
Hence why I want to ceramic coat the headers and Y-pipe. It's also why I am going to be coating the floor with Lizard Skin.

I looked seriously at doing a shaker hood on top of the Hemi. But those things are huge and would have taken up a good chunk of the hood. The hood on a ‘Cuda is like twice the size of the TJ. I was surprised when I started getting measurements on the Shaker.