Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

A little more bling for you.

20211201_162710.jpg

20211201_162735.jpg

Now the question will be do I leave it bare aluminum or paint it? I guess I'll have to drive it and see if there is too much sun reflecting off it or not. But other than getting the wrong panel for the shifter I like it. I've also got to cut the spot for the 12v plug & USB.

And I've got to cut up the new center dash piece also. Not that it's a big deal.

This is a very refreshing build, Just a well documented reality of a build. You learned some new skills and some things worked out pretty nicely. I look forward to you enjoying all the work you have in to it. Good luck.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to the day I pull this out of the garage.

Of course with the STaK's t-case no longer made it isn't a option for the plates to be cut for one.
GR only offers the plate cut for a Atlas cable shifter.

20211201_222608.jpg

So I'm going to have to cut more space for the 3rd shifter.

20211201_222622.jpg

This is the bracket included with the STaK's shifter system offered by NWF. It's beefy.

20211201_222744.jpg

The ring for the shifter boot shows how much larger it is.

20211201_222848.jpg

I do have a question since the shifter boot doesn't have any holes in it yet.

Is it made to be installed like this? Doesn't make sense to me but?

20211201_223258.jpg

Or installed on the outside like this? This is how I've always done it but thought I'd ask.

20211201_223408.jpg

And the plate doesn't have the cutout for the 12v accessory panel.

20211201_222919.jpg

It will go about here.

20211201_223003.jpg

Which BTW leaves me a great spot for a pair of levers for some turning brakes... :giggle:(y). Good spot @B00mb00m?

Of course with the STaK's t-case no longer made it isn't a option for the plates to be cut for one.
GR only offers the plate cut for a Atlas cable shifter.

View attachment 293707

So I'm going to have to cut more space for the 3rd shifter.

View attachment 293708

This is the bracket included with the STaK's shifter system offered by NWF. It's beefy.

View attachment 293709

The ring for the shifter boot shows how much larger it is.

View attachment 293710

I do have a question since the shifter boot doesn't have any holes in it yet.

Is it made to be installed like this? Doesn't make sense to me but?

View attachment 293713

Or installed on the outside like this? This is how I've always done it but thought I'd ask.

View attachment 293714

And the plate doesn't have the cutout for the 12v accessory panel.

View attachment 293711

It will go about here.

View attachment 293712

Which BTW leaves me a great spot for a pair of levers for some turning brakes... :giggle:(y). Good spot @B00mb00m?
Maybe you could add a thin stand off for the mounting plate that would allow you to tuck the boot in tightly between it and the console, just notch the boot out where the bolts and stand offs are.

Reactions: Apparition
And paint it! the sunlight reflections you mentioned will be a pain.
My 2015 truck has the slightest bit of chrome trim on the console and it's crazy how much that reflects.

Now I remember - that looks very familiar…

Yep, I've got to go back and read Chris's build on JF to refresh my memory on how he got the cable hooked up. Wish I had the correct plate but there's a lot to do actually before I can get this hooked up.

Need to layout the switches and start running wires to also.

Reactions: reddvltj
Maybe you could add a thin stand off for the mounting plate that would allow you to tuck the boot in tightly between it and the console, just notch the boot out where the bolts and stand offs are.

I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting or why. Sorry as you know I can be a little SLOW sometimes.

Reactions: reddvltj
After trying different layouts and looking at this more I think I like this spot better for the 12v panel.

View attachment 293718

View attachment 293717

Give me your thoughts or opinions.
What devices do you see getting plugged in, and where will they sit? This can help figure out the correct spot. Ideally, you'd want something that will minimize cords getting in the way. :unsure:

What devices do you see getting plugged in, and where will they sit? This can help figure out the correct spot. Ideally, you'd want something that will minimize cords getting in the way. :unsure:

I'd guess a 12v refrigerator in the back and then stuff like the cell phones in the USB slots. I don't really carry anything else that would need a 12v outlet. But of course once I say that and get out on the trail I'll find 10 things I need plugged in.

Reactions: reddvltj and Irun
I'd guess a 12v refrigerator in the back and then stuff like the cell phones in the USB slots. I don't really carry anything else that would need a 12v outlet. But of course once I say that and get out on the trail I'll find 10 things I need plugged in.
If I were going to run a 12V cooler, I'd put a power supply in the back, out of the way. Less cords to be worried about up front. You can still add one for the cell phones up front. I'd also tend to want any power supplies up higher, in case you spill a drink. Given the cup holder location, I'm not sure I'd want a power supply close to them.

FWIW, I have a tendency to spill stuff! :cautious:

If I were going to run a 12V cooler, I'd put a power supply in the back, out of the way. Less cords to be worried about up front. You can still add one for the cell phones up front. I'd also tend to want any power supplies up higher, in case you spill a drink. Given the cup holder location, I'm not sure I'd want a power supply close to them.

FWIW, I have a tendency to spill stuff! :cautious:

When I say the "back" I'm talking right behind the front seats since the rest is taken up with other stuff. But yes I would normally just put a power port in the rear and may still do so.

I HOPE I'm not spilling things anymore but I won't say it isn't a possibility.

Reactions: Irun