Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Looking good but we are getting tired of the painting now and want to see the reassembly.

I'm getting tired of painting also. And of course, wouldn't you know it but no one local to me has any automotive self-etching primer paint. Since I have to go to Seattle tomorrow, I'm going to try and find some over in that area.

Nice work on the paint, Rick. Coming right along.

Thanks

I'm getting tired of painting also. And of course, wouldn't you know it but no one local to me has any automotive self-etching primer paint. Since I have to go to Seattle tomorrow, I'm going to try and find some over in that area.

Thanks

Is there a FinishMasters near you? That’s where I get self etching primer for work.

Is there a FinishMasters near you? That’s where I get self etching primer for work.

I'll see if there is one in the Seattle area.

don't temp me i been lookin for an excuse to go by there and have a new welder fall into the truck.

i don't get by there often, while they are not far away they are a PITA to get to, because of local traffic in the area.

I keep telling myself I don't need a tig welder...

My appointment with the VA today was canceled. But this time it was a good thing. The doctor from the amputee clinic called me this morning and was like didn't we just see you? I was like yes you did but scheduling called and said you need to see the clinic again. So he asked how things were going and I explained that my prosthesis had added pads to my socket but I was still beating myself up. So he was like well I didn't need you to drive over here to look at a bruise on my leg. Instead he sent a request for my prosthesis to make me new sockets. YAHOO......

So instead of driving to Seattle I installed the new seat covers for the truck. The drivers side seat was worn from people getting out of the truck and the fabric was torn. While I really dislike seat covers this was the easiest way to fix the problem.

20220802_130409.jpg

Since I won't be on the westside I just ordered the primer and it'll be here Friday.
I'm going to work on the frame and get it ready to finish painting. Most likely I'll do that tomorrow morning while I'm waiting for a call from the freight company that is delivering the new theater seats for my motorhome.

Looks like I should have just called around and found some primer. The paint I ordered and paid for expedited shipping is still in IL. So who knows when I'll receive it.

they owe you some $ back then for the shipping that's not happening. or is that expedited once they get off their lazy ass and pull the part 3dys later?

had that happen 2dys shipping but we won't process and pull it for 4dys even though you could put your hands on 1 in under 15s when i called about it.

they owe you some $ back then for the shipping that's not happening. or is that expedited once they get off their lazy ass and pull the part 3dys later?

had that happen 2dys shipping but we won't process and pull it for 4dys even though you could put your hands on 1 in under 15s when i called about it.

Well I already reached out to the seller to see if they will refund the money. If not then I'll try going thru Amazon and see what they have to say. Checked again this morning and UPS doesn't have a delivery date on the paint yet.

FUCK.... Been dealing with that bruise on my leg now for over a month now but thought it was finally healing. It was still a little sore but I was doing better and had been taking it easy. Got up this morning doing chores and making breakfast then had sat down to take my liner off and check my leg. And for my first time since my amputation I had blood in the bottom of my liner. So what's this all mean? That I'm off my feet until this all heals. Which mean no trip to test out the new motorhome and no working on the Jeep.

@B00mb00m don't look....

20220808_120725.jpg

20220808_120734.jpg

Fuck this mean walking around on crutches for two weeks and no fun.

20220808_121618.jpg

ouch..........did they send in that script for a new socket?

Yep, I'm getting cast on the 16th. But then it takes 2-4 weeks for the new socket to be made. I think my mistake was walking on my leg too soon after I'd hurt it the first time.
Now it's got a slight infection in it too as there is heat coming off it. But I've got an appointment to see my primary doctor tomorrow and let him look at it and m make sure it's all OK.

Health is number one. You heal up and take the time it needs. One day at a time.(y)

Just SUCKS.... I was looking forward to trying out the motorhome and then getting back to working on the Jeep and getting it together. But yes you're correct.

Just SUCKS.... I was looking forward to trying out the motorhome and then getting back to working on the Jeep and getting it together. But yes you're correct.

Crutch your ass to the motor home all people do when camping with motor homes is sit around anyway.