Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I think this is just an excuse and the real reason is your getting old and you can’t change! Admit it.

Do you mean that I'm so used to running two plates I can't change? If WA wasn't such a dumb state I'd have collector plates (most state are 25 years) but WA is 30 years.

I like to try and stay as legal as I can so that I don't get stopped in the first place.

I pulled the bumper back off and cut the center upper section piece out of the bumper.

20221124_122827.jpg

Trimmer the strap area for the cap & bolts on the box.

20221124_122900.jpg

I made a template out of cardboard of the ends so I can cover the gap around the front crossmember.

20221124_123020.jpg

Cut this piece out of some flat stock. (Yes my plasma cutter is fixed) and then doctored it some.

20221124_123231.jpg

I'll welded them on and then clean up the welds and make it look as good as I can. With the added frame width of those two plates is just enough that the bumper wouldn't fit if I didn't remove the area at the bottom and I used my hyd port-a-power to spread the upper area toi clear the frame.

Here's the drivers side same thing.

20221124_123410.jpg

20221124_123505.jpg

Do you mean that I'm so used to running two plates I can't change? If WA wasn't such a dumb state I'd have collector plates (most state are 25 years) but WA is 30 years.

I like to try and stay as legal as I can so that I don't get stopped in the first place.
I’m messing’ with you. You’re like my wife. You like to follow rules. I’m the opposite. I like to break rules. WA has some dumb rules. Not sure if I consider front plates dumb or not. I’d have to think that through. But I know I’m not going to do anything stupid in my big red obvious Jeep that would draw the laws attention. 🤣

I just know that it was a pain in the neck to use my Tuffy front plate that I had with a hawse in TX and it eventually just got tore up anyway. Good riddance. Besides, they’re ugly and WA state sucks politically. No use advertising them.

I’m messing’ with you. You’re like my wife. You like to follow rules. I’m the opposite. I like to break rules. WA has some dumb rules. Not sure if I consider front plates dumb or not. I’d have to think that through. But I know I’m not going to do anything stupid in my big red obvious Jeep that would draw the laws attention. 🤣

I just know that it was a pain in the neck to use my Tuffy front plate that I had with a hawse in TX and it eventually just got tore up anyway. Good riddance. Besides, they’re ugly and WA state sucks politically. No use advertising them.

Me break the rules? Too long enforcing them I guess. I really don't care about it other than I don't want to be hassled. With the roller fairlead I had my plate mounted to a piece of plexiglass and maglite clips held it on. Easy on and off. I'll deal with it when the time comes.

Me break the rules? Too long enforcing them I guess. I really don't care about it other than I don't want to be hassled. With the roller fairlead I had my plate mounted to a piece of plexiglass and maglite clips held it on. Easy on and off. I'll deal with it when the time comes.

Whatever floats your boat! I’m on your team. I’m cheering you down the home stretch. Let’s get this party started

Whatever floats your boat! I’m on your team. I’m cheering you down the home stretch. Let’s get this party started

I'm trying buddy. Had a SHITTY night and only got about 2 hours sleep. Been hurting all day so I didn't get a lot done today.

But I did verify that I was getting 5V to the MAP sensor so I don't know why I got that code.

Used a blind plug probe on the plug.

20221124_104100.jpg

And 5V so it's something else. Could be a bad sensor.

20221124_104105.jpg

I don’t run a front plate. Haven’t since it was stolen the first month after I put the new WA plate on. 3 years and no issues. Yours is pretty much a trail only rig, so why worry?

X2.

Mine has been ripped off so many times that the last time it happened I just tossed it in the back where it sat for a few months. I havent had it on in probably two years. I actually screwed it to the garage wall, if I get stopped Ill tell the truth and just say it fell off:)

Got to get things ready for the first attempt at starting the engine. Need to install the transmission temp sensor before I fill it. Get the motor mounts tightened down. Then hook up the fuel tank and add some fuel to it.