Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

OOPS sorry boys and girls got you all excited for nothing...

IT LIVES!!!
congratulations
200.gif

OK let's go back the start of the day. I installed the transmission temp sensor first before I put transmission fluid in it.

20221125_133843.jpg

20221125_133856.jpg

Then started pouring transmission fluid into the transmission and managed to knock the funnel off and spilt tranny fluid all over the headers and side of the engine.

20221125_135438.jpg

20221125_135445.jpg

Got the fuel tank under the Jeep and hooked up the fuel lines and plugged the wiring in.

20221125_150538.jpg

Took me a while but I finally got fuel pressure.

20221125_160647.jpg

I'd put in a fitting for a schrader valve and had forgotten to tighten it down.

20221125_161208.jpg

20221125_161238.jpg

20221125_163941.jpg

And then broke the old school tools.

20221125_171023.jpg

After getting the engine running I still had a slow fuel leak at the schrader valve so I just took it off for now until I can get one that doesn't leak.

20221125_174351.jpg

20221125_174354.jpg

20221125_174803.jpg

After having the engine running for those few moments I checked the OBD2 port for codes and this was the only one I had.

20221125_175818.jpg

Hell ya! Woohoo! Rumble! Yeah, yeah, yeah! Love it!

Hell YES it really felt good to hear that engine run. Now to get some other stuff done and I can really start it and then tune it. We'll see what it sounds like once I have the whole exhaust installed.
But the big news is NO leaks or any major issues with the engine. To be honest I was WORRIED as heck that the engine was going to have a major meltdown when I started it.

Hell YES it really felt good to hear that engine run. Now to get some other stuff done and I can really start it and then tune it. We'll see what it sounds like once I have the whole exhaust installed.
But the big news is NO leaks or any major issues with the engine. To be honest I was WORRIED as heck that the engine was going to have a major meltdown when I started it.

I'll preface that I know nearly zero about your engine but think it's a v8. I was curious about the following things I annotated in the attached screenshot - I was expecting to see 4 sets but must be assuming they're the wrong things. One you were pulling on to rev, so it seems like a throttle body. What are they?

1669446281808.png

I'll preface that I know nearly zero about your engine but think it's a v8. I was curious about the following things I annotated in the attached screenshot - I was expecting to see 4 sets but must be assuming they're the wrong things. One you were pulling on to rev, so it seems like a throttle body. What are they?

View attachment 379544

It is a Six Pack throttle body. Couple posts back he shows how the progressive linkage works.

Reactions: reddvltj

View attachment 379544

As Blackjack said this is a 6 pack intake system with 3 two-barrel throttle bodies on it. Yes the engine is a V-8 and it's a Dodge 5.9 ltr (360 ci) stroked to a 6.7 ltr (408ci). What were the 4 sets you were expecting to see?

Here it is without the air cleaner on it.

20220930_174155.jpg

And a video of the progressive throttle linkage working.

I know you might not want to read the whole thread, but all this information is in here. If you have more questions, please ask away and I'll try to answer them.

Last edited:
Dude! Congratulations! Awesome to hear the beast making noise - and great noise at that. It must feel good after such a long time.

Also nice to see you finally hired a videographer…

🙂

Thanks Jeff.

She works for a fee I can afford, well maybe. But she needs to learn to hold the camera still.

I think Karlee (sp?) was worried it was gonna blow due to the smoke from the tranny fluid! Who’s the guy? Friend or boyfriend?

Reactions: reddvltj
I think Karlee (sp?) was worried it was gonna blow due to the smoke from the tranny fluid! Who’s the guy? Friend or boyfriend?

Yes we had more than a few discussions about the amount of smoke and if it was going to catch fire and burn to the ground. Karrlie is a worrier for such a young age.
PSN: There was a fire extinguisher nearby just in case.

The guy manning the ignition switch was Patrick, longtime friend (since she was 5) and now boyfriend. He meets dad's requirements 55%of the time and that's pretty damn good.

She thinks it's too smokey in the garage anyhow cause I had just finished a cigar. But it was nice having the extra hands there.