Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

I'm so proud of my daughter and her abilities on her decorations of cakes. She's not a trained pastry chef or even ever worked in a bakery. When my leg didn't allow me to stand for long periods she'd had to take over the cooking chores in the house & she was only 12 at the time. This gave her a interest in cooking & baking so I'd bought her some cake decorating supplies & she's just taken it from there.
Right now she's planning on starting college in the fall at a technical college in Olympia that has a culinary program.

Update on the Dana 60 cover.
RuffStuff thinks that there is a possibility that it was welded together slightly off to one side. They are looking into it and if that is the case will warranty the product even though I'd bought it last year in February. I'll let you all know if what the outcome is.

Happy birthday Rick.

I had a question regarding your Crawler tank. Genright notes that the crawler doesn't work with standard coil springs, but you clearly are running them. (admittedly haven't read the whole thread yet) I've also outboarded my shocks but run coil springs still with perch relocation mounts. Was the outboarding enough, or did you have to custom work it in when you stretched your Jeep?

Happy birthday Rick.

I had a question regarding your Crawler tank. Genright notes that the crawler doesn't work with standard coil springs, but you clearly are running them. (admittedly haven't read the whole thread yet) I've also outboarded my shocks but run coil springs still with perch relocation mounts. Was the outboarding enough, or did you have to custom work it in when you stretched your Jeep?

Thanks.

As to the tank if I had the upper mounts in the stock location I do not think it would work. And just to note I do not have coil springs on my TJ anymore I have air springs. So my upper mounts are moved to the center of the arch in the frame. But yes other than that the tank does fit.

20220225_081630.jpg

Thought I had a picture with the tank in there too but I can't find any.

Here is the tank installed.

I set a air spring in place but that was it.

20211217_130935.jpg

And then with the axle in place.

20211217_230712.jpg

So I'm not sure why they say it won't work with coil springs but yes you do have to have the shocks outboarded. Which it does say.

RuffStuff thinks that the cover I have was welded incorrectly. Here is the example they'd sent.

1679682062787.png

Here is my current cover.

20230323_142644.jpg

20230323_142657.jpg

The recess should be into the weld more so they are sending me a new cover along with a return label for the only one & if the new one doesn't fit also.
Again I can't say enough good things about the service from RuffStuff. As I said I'd bought this last February so over 12 months ago.
We'll see how the new cover fits once it arrives.

Already got the notification that RuffStuff shipped the new cover out. So should have it by next week sometime.

No work on the Jeep this weekend. My nephew is stopping by to pick me up on his way home from work. He's a heavy equipment operator and had been on a jobsite down in OR but was done so was moving his trailer to a new location near Wapato, WA. So he's picking me up so I can pick up the motorhome on Monday. Says either my daughter having to run me over or my sister having to drive over.

Thanks for the response. Based on that I would say it would fit mine as well. I think it is the outboarding of the shocks, which I've done, that matters.

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks for the response. Based on that I would say it would fit mine as well. I think it is the outboarding of the shocks, which I've done, that matters.

Glad I could help you out. I downloaded the tank measurements and laid under the Jeep with a tape and measured stuff. It is a lot of money to spend and then not have fit.
If you call GR they'll tell you it requires coilovers.

Reactions: reddvltj

IMG_0007.JPG

@TJosh02 - I believe the issue with the larger tanks is this: See the 45 degree angles on the front corners of this tank? The angle creates a space for the exhaust to pass between the tank and the coils / shocks. The larger capacity tanks loose that angled corner and are square there - that is part of the reason for the extra capacity - and you therefore can't get the exhaust past the tank with a stock-like layout. Outbourding may help that, but I'm not sure.

Does that sound correct, Rick?