Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Shite. I thought there would be little bits of terrorists and lots of ketchup stains around the offending boomstick. Was this friendly fire?

Yep.........
Long story but the short of it was that a soldier tried to load a machine gun that they weren't trained on. This is a 240B and the soldier was trained on a 249 which is a SAW (squad automatic weapon) they look similar but are WAY different. If you look at the base you will see 9 rounds. Luckily none of my soldiers were hit. And because it was what is called a negligent discharge I am not eligible for a Purple Heart....... sore spot for me. I was about 40' from the gun.

backat240.jpg

This is looking back at where the machine gun was mounted up on top of the building.

barrier1.jpg

The upper divot is the round that went thru my leg. I was standing behind the cement barrier to protect me from incoming fire. Never expected to get hit from behind.

Cleaned up the garage today before I started working on the Jeep. Then lowered the Jeep down a little so I could get to the interior easily. Pulled the seats and center console out. Then pulled out the rubber flooring that I'd installed years ago. Found a mouse 🐁 nest under it. Got a mess to clean up on the floorboards. But it is a PNW vehicle so no rust.

20200702_142656.jpg

Still windy as heck outside so I'm having to paint in the garage. Getting the front axle steering parts ready to be installed.

20200703_115848.jpg

20200703_115910.jpg

20200703_120000.jpg

Ready to be primered and then some paint. Just got to figure out what color I'm going to paint them 🤔.

20200703_120512.jpg

20200703_120518.jpg

20200703_120525.jpg

These TMR high steer arms are BEEF.

Reactions: Wildman
I bead blasted my headers while I was waiting for the paint to dry.

20200703_132134.jpg

I am thinking I'll paint the headers with the aluminum paint also since it is a ceramic paint. It takes a couple hours to bake the paint.

Both sides done.

20200703_132144.jpg

One more coat and then I'll put them in the oven.

Neon green 🤣

The block may look good the aluminum color. Or white but that would get dirty fast.

The 4.0 is referred to as a tractor engine so john deere green?

Reactions: Wildman
Neon green 🤣

The block may look good the aluminum color. Or white but that would get dirty fast.

The 4.0 is referred to as a tractor engine so john deere green?

Yes but it isn't a 4.0. It's a 5.9 stroked to a 6.7....

They offer a Kermit Green... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DrDmoney