Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

That's one heavy case. For comparison an np241 weighs 92lbs and my atlas 2 speed is 110. When I was doing research it seemed like for my application it was unneeded, given my T-case is lighter than yours. I found more people complaining about issues due to the rear support than people having problems not having one. To me, it only seemed necessary in race or buggy applications.

But since you already have the second mount it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Have you tested the Nth degree with the cross members mocked up? On my jeep, it wasn't an issue since the transmission mount bolts would hit before the bar. But adding a rear I'm guessing would have required me to lift the case higher due to the MML angling the trans downwards.

No I just got the engine/transmission/t-case in right before time to stop for the night. I added a support for the transfer case to the Nth Degree skid before so I'll have to remove it.
Yes I've read mixed reviews about having or not having the rear support but with 150 lbs I feel better about having it.
Since my engine tilt isn't that much I don't think I'll have issues adding the second crossmember but will know more tomorrow. The transmission crossmember will be higher in the frame than the t-case one but I think they both will clear.

Here's the full write-up:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...on-cross-member-and-transfer-case-skid.34524/
I used JL control arm bushings at the frame that I picked up off Craigslist and hard mounted to transmission. I have an extra control arm you can cut up if you want the bushings. I'd be happy to mail it to you. I don't notice any extra vibes for me now that I finished up the new exhaust. I also have a set of autofab poly bushings

I have 2 GR universal crossmember kits so I don't think I'll need the bushings but thanks for the offer.
Aren't Poly bushings suppose to make more vibrations?

Reactions: Alex01
No I just got the engine/transmission/t-case in right before time to stop for the night. I added a support for the transfer case to the Nth Degree skid before so I'll have to remove it.
Yes I've read mixed reviews about having or not having the rear support but with 150 lbs I feel better about having it.
Since my engine tilt isn't that much I don't think I'll have issues adding the second crossmember but will know more tomorrow. The transmission crossmember will be higher in the frame than the t-case one but I think they both will clear.

I have 2 GR universal crossmember kits so I don't think I'll need the bushings but thanks for the offer.
Aren't Poly bushings suppose to make more vibrations?
Poly bushing are notably less compliant than the JL which is why I used the JL bushings. Just saying I have options of leftovers lol.

Reactions: Wildman
Here was the t-case support I had before.

IMGP0745.JPG

IMGP0748.JPG

IMGP0751.JPG

Why not reuse the same tcase support you already had? It looks like it's plenty to support the rear end of it.

I'm going to reuse parts of it but cut it off the skid plate and mount it onto a crossmember. Then just like with the transmission I can drop the skid plate without having to worry about my drivetrain.

Got it! That will make life easier at some point for sure.

Having to support the drivetrain before you can remove the skid plate is a MAJOR PITA. It has always been something I wanted to fix even when I had the Nth Degree kit on my Jeep. It'll be really nice to be able to drop the skid without having to support the drivetrain.

So the brackets that come with the GR crossmember kit won't work with my transmission because I have a plug in the way.

20200709_115312.jpg

20200709_115328.jpg

So I started cutting my old transmission mount apart.

20200709_123313.jpg

20200709_123315.jpg

20200709_123320.jpg

Test fit and the first idea was to weld the tube to the bottom of the mount.

20200709_125110.jpg

But then the tube would be down below the frame. Not how I want it to sit.

So next idea 💡 was to cut the mount so that the tube would fit up in the mount.
20200709_131658.jpg

20200709_131706.jpg

Had to take a few phone calls but now time for a test fit to see if this will work.

Reactions: Alex01
The front crossmember looks like it's going to fit no problem. And as I posted yesterday it clears the Nth Degree tummy tuck.

20200710_102945.jpg

20200710_102951.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
That'll do!

I also didn't realize your rear axle is high pinion, nice for clearance.

Yes it is. It's a Tera-Low CRD60.

So fully welded the transmission mount also.

20200710_132921.jpg

20200710_132937.jpg

For whatever reason I buggered the inside of both mounts.

20200710_133017.jpg

Had to grind them down a little.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Not pretty but the tabs are welded to the frame. Only got ONE piece of slag down my shirt.... Ouch!!

20200710_151308.jpg

20200710_151316.jpg

Got it a little higher and I'm happy with where it's sitting.

20200710_144212.jpg

20200710_144226.jpg

Got to let it cool off and then I'll look at where and if I can set the transfer case crossmember at

try turning the heat up a hair or back the wire off some.
or when welding those tabs down hold gun at an upward angle and walk it down the corner with just the slightest side to side motion........1/16 is all you need to wiggle. the wiggle will eat that extra wire. and get you contact into both pieces.

Reactions: Vasq and Wildman
Well I feel like I got something done today. The transmission is sitting on it's own crossmember.

20200710_154303.jpg

20200710_154323.jpg

20200710_154712.jpg

I'm not sure yet what to do with the transfer case crossmember. It doesn't fit with the Nth Degree tummy tuck unless I cut the back some. I think I can and then add some bracing.

Okay I messed around with the rear crossmember some. I cut out part of the Nth Degree tummy tuck because it was in the way. I'll add some bracing across the rear of it when I am done.

I used some spacers and set the crossmember just above the skid plate and then checked for clearance around the crossmember.

20200710_174629.jpg

20200710_174735.jpg

20200710_174632.jpg

20200710_174729.jpg

The transfer case support bolts the the back of the transfer case. I'll have to make a small bracket to connect to the support.

20200710_175027.jpg

20200710_174716.jpg

You can see the area on the drivers side of the tummy tuck where I cut a section out. I think I can put a strap across the back to fill that in and strengthen it back up.

Reactions: Vasq
I've researched the do you or don't you need a support for the transfer case but would like to hear others thoughts on it also. With the amount of HP & TQ my engine is going to produce PLUS the added TQ of the 5.44:1 low range PLUS the 150 lbs of bulk hanging off the end of the transmission were my reasoning for going with 2 crossmembers. I had the support before and never had any issues but that doesn't mean I can't later on.

Also would like to hear what you all think I could do with the rear of my skid plate? If push comes to shove I can always get a skid plate from GR or TMR or UCF also.

Last question for everyone. Does anyone know of a spacer plate that is 3/8"-1/2" thick that I could install between the skid plate and frame?