Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Yes that would be KEWL to see that scoop rockin back for forth. But it's a HIGH entry cost.... $2250

440 6 Pack Shaker Bubble Kit - Shaker Cuda Hemi Auto Parts | ShakerHood Products

I've got to see how much hood clearance I'm gunna have once I get it installed. I hope it'll fit under the hood as it sits but we'll see.
I have been thinking about getting a different air cleaner setup made that was enclosed with a tube in the rear so I could run it to my firewall and make a cowl intake for it.

Yes with the old V-8 I have a LOT of heat under the hood which was why I'd put the louvers on my old hood. The trans tunnel would get so hot you couldn't even put a insulated cup in the cup holder with ice in it as it would melt it because it was so warm.
Hence why I want to ceramic coat the headers and Y-pipe. It's also why I am going to be coating the floor with Lizard Skin.
Considering the under hood temps for air intake I would strongly recommend going with the cowl intake - pull in that chilly PNW air! I’ve seen great reviews on lizard skin, if that’s not enough you can always put heat reflective material over the lizard skin such as noico on the trans tunnel.

Considering the under hood temps for air intake I would strongly recommend going with the cowl intake - pull in that chilly PNW air! I’ve seen great reviews on lizard skin, if that’s not enough you can always put heat reflective material over the lizard skin such as noico on the trans tunnel.

Got to get it running first. And yes I've read and heard good things about Lizard Skin.

I looked seriously at doing a shaker hood on top of the Hemi. But those things are huge and would have taken up a good chunk of the hood. The hood on a ‘Cuda is like twice the size of the TJ. I was surprised when I started getting measurements on the Shaker.

Yes they are rather LARGE.... I'll see what I can figure out once I get this thing running.

Did you take a look at what I did with my intake? When I had Sarah tuned I had my ODB hooked up, ambient was the 40's, air intake temps were reading low 50's. Will have Sarah out in couple days, will take couple screenshots. It works.

Did you take a look at what I did with my intake? When I had Sarah tuned I had my ODB hooked up, ambient was the 40's, air intake temps were reading low 50's. Will have Sarah out in couple days, will take couple screenshots. It works.

Yes I did. It will be getting a air cleaner "BOX" that can fit this intake and then have a 4" diameter tube so I can funnel it to the cowl.

Nothing interesting to report today. Finally got some tracking numbers on most of the parts I've ordered and it appears most of my stuff will be here Monday.

PSC Steering parts will be here Monday. Since they lost the remote reservoir cap for the OLD style reservoir I have my only option was to get a new reservoir so I got the Black anodized one coming along with Black fittings.

Off-Road Only SwayLoc will be here Monday, I had to go with their newer designed bar to go along with my TNT Customs steering box rotation/Stretch kit. The kit replaces the front tube crossmember with a smaller tube and ORO doesn't make a bushing to fit the older SwayLoc which meant I had to get the newer SwayLoc.

HiPoTek shipped my order today so it should be here Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I am waiting for that order for the camshaft key that is in it. Dodge doesn't sell that woodruff key anymore so it's no longer a dealer item and from what I gathered it's an ODD size and is hard to find.

Do have a tracking # yet from TNT Customs but they told me when I ordered that it might been the end of this week before they had all the items in the kit.

And yes a TRUE Shaker hood scoop might not work but it's FUN to day dream a little and get ideas. I've got to get my engine assembled and dropped back in the frame so I can figure out if the stock hood will close. Plus I want the engine bolted in place before I cut that front crossmember out. Might not be a issue but why take the chance?

It would be fun and unique! I daydream of an Edlebrock SC on the LR4, more HP, more FUN!

Yes that would be FUN....

If I had a BowTie in my Jeep this is what I'd like to put on it.

1610059637020.png

They offer this huffer in either a carburetor version or a EFI multi-port version. Yes it's not practical in many ways but it would still be fun to build one with this sticking thru the hood. And I'm not a big fan of chrome so the blacked out version really works for me. I'm sure you'd need some type of stand alone PCM to run this thing. A small block 350ci stroked to 383ci and you'd be set.

1610059882750.png

I like that too, actually see 'shake' a bit! 😀

View attachment 215994

And you are going to have more than before, good plan to have them coated. Dad had his headers on the drag car coated, made big difference. It is always a challenge to get drag cars cooled down before the next run. We would spray down the radiator with ice water, kept the water pump going, etc.
Oh man this brings back memories. My second car was a 1970 Challenger, with a 440 Six Pack. I don't think rear tires ever lasted me more than 3K miles!

When you do get around to cutting out that front crossmember, I suggest welding in a heavy temporary brace across the top of the frame rails. When I cut mine out I was very surprised how much it moved - and it was a pain getting it back in line.

7EA298CF-9B2B-4593-BA03-FEE78074CBAD.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been a gearhead from a very young age and have always wanted to have a rig with a forced induction setup on it.

This guy was showing a lot of promise with this setup for the 5.2/5.9 V-8 but stalled around 2015 and hasn't made much if any progress since. And finding a Kenny Bell SC is harder than finding a LJ Ruby/Sahara.

1610063238647.png

Z Code Performance

This is what the KB kit looked like. The supercharger sat off to the passenger side. It was suppose to work great on a stock engine but once you started trying to do mods to the engine the piggyback ECM couldn't keep up. With the new tech for our PCM's these older superchargers might be a better choice now.

1610064604720.png

• Love
Reactions: motomick76
Oh man this brings back memories. My second car was a 1970 Challenger, with a 440 Six Pack. I don't think rear tires ever lasted me more than 3K miles!

I had a Chevelle Super Sport with a 396 and that car got me into a lot of trouble. Then a 61 Lincoln Continental with a 460 and suicide doors in the rear. The front seat would fold down flat into the rear seat. Was a GREAT drive-in movie rig. Was like having a double bed. I didn't get a lot of movie watching done in that thing.

When you do get around to cutting out that front crossmember, I suggest welding in a heavy temporary brace across the top of the frame rails. When I cut mine out I was very surprised how much it moved - and it was a pain getting it back in line.

View attachment 216307

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking having the engine in place would help but I think I'll get a bar of round stock to go across and tack it on to keep the frame from moving. Anything else I should be looking out for? I also need to get a new hole saw to drill the holes with.

For anyone interested here is the PDF instructions for the Steering Box Rotation & Stretch from TNT Customs. And then the PDF instructions for the Skinny Steering Shaft from Red Rock Off-Road.

Attachments

• SkinnySteeringInstructions.pdf
    551.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Steering Stretch Kit_0.pdf
    406.3 KB · Views: 149

Pistol?

5388575_4.jpg

Kinda jealous, tuned right, those 440 + 6 could walk a Hemi any-day. I think we could all talk about Mopars for a long time!. Back in 2000 I had my one and only 'vintage' Mopar', a 68' Chrysler Newport, 2 door hardtop, 383. I beefed up the old 2 barrel 383 to a road runner 383 with 4 barrel. It was turquoise with woodgrain inset just like the pictures, but it was a hardtop, with a white vinyl top. Interior was turqoise like the pictures, but had white inserts, two tone. That car loved to cruise at 80 or 90, just like being in the clouds. 19ft of 2 door glory!

68_Chrysler_newport_conv_Dv-07-CC_01.jpg
68_Chrysler_newport_conv_Dv-07-CC_02.jpg
68_Chrysler_newport_conv_Dv-07-CC_i05.jpg

It's always fun remembering rigs we use to have and kicking ourselves in the butt for ever getting rid of them. I had a few I'd love to have parked in my driveway right now.

Hopefully I'll get all my parts by the end of next week so I can get busy again. Tomorrow I'm doing the clutch on my daughters Subaru again but this time I'm replacing everything in the clutch hydraulic system.

Reactions: motomick76 and JMT
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking having the engine in place would help but I think I'll get a bar of round stock to go across and tack it on to keep the frame from moving. Anything else I should be looking out for? I also need to get a new hole saw to drill the holes with.
Nothing crazy as I recall. I did cheat the crossbar tube a bit farther forward than the instructions said, to buy as much forward clearance as I could. I also wound up doing a custom mount on the drivers side to match my steering gear, and get it where I wanted.

Reactions: Wildman

A few years ago Kenny Bell WAS the name for superchargers. The Avenger I had was a WalMart knockoff of the Kenny Bell they offered. They were quiet, when hooked up to my cowl intake, you could hear a bit of whine, then it was pretty cool when you got some, ZZZIIIIIIPPPP!

Nothing crazy as I recall. I did cheat the crossbar tube a bit farther forward than the instructions said, to buy as much forward clearance as I could. I also wound up doing a custom mount on the drivers side to match my steering gear, and get it where I wanted.

I was just rereading your build thread on JF where you did this stretch. I can see I might have to do a little massaging also for clearance for my front bumper. I'm glad I have your build thread to use for reference.

A few years ago Kenny Bell WAS the name for superchargers. The Avenger I had was a WalMart knockoff of the Kenny Bell they offered. They were quiet, when hooked up to my cowl intake, you could hear a bit of whine, then it was pretty cool when you got some, ZZZIIIIIIPPPP!

When I was in Iraq a Avenger SC came up on Ebay for the 2.5 and I almost bought it. I kicked myself for not buying it but who knows where this build would have gone if I had.

Part of that was all the expense if I'd kept the 4 cyl. I was gunna need to change the transmission from the AX-5 to a AX-15 which meant I was gunna have to send my TeraLow 4:1 kit back to TeraFlex to have the input gear changed. And it kept spiraling as I was adding things up. Then I found this shop that did the V-8 swaps and had called them looking for a Dakota bellhousing. I'd found another SC and was just gunna slap that onto the 4 cyl. But then I got talked into doing the V-8 swap. I'd been out wheeling a few times and had also realized I didn't have good use of my right foot which is why I went with an automatic.

Reactions: motomick76
Well DING DANG and Dab Nab it anyhow. I was doing good on parts arriving SOON but the part I need yesterday won't be here until Wednesday.
All for a stupid woodruff key....

Pistol?

View attachment 216316

Kinda jealous, tuned right, those 440 + 6 could walk a Hemi any-day. I think we could all talk about Mopars for a long time!. Back in 2000 I had my one and only 'vintage' Mopar', a 68' Chrysler Newport, 2 door hardtop, 383. I beefed up the old 2 barrel 383 to a road runner 383 with 4 barrel. It was turquoise with woodgrain inset just like the pictures, but it was a hardtop, with a white vinyl top. Interior was turqoise like the pictures, but had white inserts, two tone. That car loved to cruise at 80 or 90, just like being in the clouds. 19ft of 2 door glory!

View attachment 216319View attachment 216320View attachment 216321
Yep. I used to be able to drop into 3rd and smoke the tires at 60 mph. It's a wonder I ever survived without today's modern safety features!