Will 265/75R15 tires fit my TJ?

That's 31.6", which is closer to 32". They'll fit with a 2" lift.

Technically they'll fit without a lift, but it will ride like shit.

My statement above still applies, even with a stock Rubicon. To run 31s or 32s, you need a 2" lift.

If you put those tires on without a lift, they will technically fit, but you will have dramatically reduced your up-travel, and your Jeep's ride quality will be negatively effected.

Even though it came stock with 31s

They don't come factory with 31s.

The TJ Rubicon came factory with Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT245/75R16 (30.5"x9.6") tires.

Some might say that technically that's a 31", but I promise if you measure them, they'll be much closer to a 29" or 30" than they will be to a 31".

The tire you're talking about putting on is a little over an inch bigger. So yes, it will fit, but you'll also lose an inch of up-travel, which will affect both on-road and off-road performance.

It's not going to be the end of the world, and you can drive with them just fine. However, the ideal configuration for that tire sized you mentioned is a 2" lift, that's just my "disclaimer" of sorts.

To clarify, I would have no hesitation putting those tires on a stock TJ Rubicon IF I knew there was a 2" lift being installed in the near future.

My guess is you'll get minor rubbing of the front lower control arms at full steering lock but with the Rubicon flares everything else will fit. You will probably be really close to the sheet metal at full flex in some places like the front fenders.

Reactions: Hopper
Any lift? Rim backspacing? Can't see what size rim in the illustration. I am running 265/75R16s on 8" wide rims with 4 1/2" backspacing with full lock to lock steering and no rubbing.

So I will say what Chris has said 4 or 5 times already. They will physically fit in the wheel wells. On a Rubicon rim.
But unless you put in some sort of lift in the 2-3 inch range then you will be using a lot of your new tread to profile the fenders and flares.

sorry to bump up an older thread but doing research on similar size tire. The calculators I am seeing put this at 30.6” equivalent. Is that not right?

To clarify my statement of running 265/75R16's with no problem, I have 2" OME lift with them. When i got it it had stock control arms. No rubbing issue at full lock. Without the lift I would have to agree with Chris. Your loss of uptravel will make it ride poorly. Every bump will want to hit a bumpstop. Bare minimum with 32"tires would be 2" spacer pucks. And only while you are waiting to get the springs.

And that 30.6" is only when new. They will quickly become 30" or less.

To clarify my statement of running 265/75R16's with no problem, I have 2" OME lift with them. When i got it it had stock control arms. No rubbing issue at full lock. Without the lift I would have to agree with Chris. Your loss of uptravel will make it ride poorly. Every bump will want to hit a bumpstop. Bare minimum with 32"tires would be 2" spacer pucks. And only while you are waiting to get the springs.

And that 30.6" is only when new. They will quickly become 30" or less.

Thank you. Seems like perhaps this was in reference to 265/75/16s and not 15s. Since 30’s are stock, i dont imagine 30.6” would cause too much issue (though about an inch wider than the 30x9.5).

That's 31.6", which is closer to 32". They'll fit with a 2" lift.

Technically they'll fit without a lift, but it will ride like shit.

BF Goodrich A/T KO2
32x11.50 (15)

31.5 x 11.4

BF Goodrich A/T KO2
265 75R/16

31.6 x 10.5

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
265 75R/16

31.7 x 10.5