Will 33” Cooper STT Pro tires work on my TJ with 2.5” of lift?

Big Bad Dog

I would like to know if I purchase these cooper tires 33X12.50R15LT Discoverer STT PRO, if I will have any trouble with these tires rubbing, I don't think I have to worry about height. I have a 2 1/2 inch rough and country suspension lift and plan on putting on 1 1/2 wheel spacers. My wheel are 15" x 8" with a backspacing of 5.5 (stock wheel)
2005 jeep wrangler TJ sport I asked a similar question before, but these are different tires. You guys are full of good knowledge and would like your expert advise before I invest this kind of money. I did not purchase the tires or wheel spacers yet, waiting for your answer. Thanks in advance

3" of additional clearance is the bare minimum to run 33" tires on the street, 4" of clearance is what you need for 33's offroad. You could add a 1" or 1.25" body lift to have pretty much what is needed.

Reactions: MutantNinjaTJ
What do you guys think about the width of the tires (12.5) as far as rubbing. If I use the 1 1/2 spacers will I have a problem. Thanks for the quick responses.

What do you guys think about the width of the tires (12.5) as far as rubbing. If I use the 1 1/2 spacers will I have a problem. Thanks for the quick responses.

With a 1.5" spacer you'll be at 4" of backspacing, and that 12.5" wide tire shouldn't rub.