Will 33s fit with no lift?

SPECHA

Firstly sorry the number of questions I’m asking. I’m admittedly a complete novice .

I’ve read on these forums all about 33’s and how they will not fit stock and require a lift or cutting etc.

That being said, I went to a wheel shop today and he looked over the Jeep, took measurements and said that 33’s would fit and that if anything I’d need wider flares.

Now I’m happy with this because I want 33’s but is this not possible? Btw, I understand about hearing implications and I haven’t yet found out what my current gearing is. Even if it’s 3.07 I’m willing to struggle with it before then regearing.

Thank you

8CD9712C-62BA-495E-B384-4468B59F30AD.jpeg

C54229ED-7C70-4917-B489-92411B49A20F.jpeg

I’m stock height in the rear with a 1.5 in front spacer lift and custom tube flares and fit 33s with no rubbing ever on pavement and off-roading

5DE536D7-C946-4B4B-90B3-2D409445EA93.jpeg

They are just trying to sell you tires. 33’s will “Fit” absolutely. With 3.07 gears it’s gunna feel like a dog. Don’t run over a pebble cause your 33 inch tires are gunna fuck some shit up.

I’m stock height in the rear with a 1.5 in front spacer lift and custom tube flares and fit 33s with no rubbing ever on pavement and off-roading

View attachment 137618

Did you set your bump stops ?

They are just trying to sell you tires. 33’s will “Fit” absolutely. With 3.07 gears it’s gunna feel like a dog. Don’t run over a pebble cause your 33 inch tires are gunna fuck some shit up.

Did you set your bump stops ?
I bought it this way and haven’t had a chance to dive into the suspension. But it rides nicely and takes bumps well and does all I ask it to OffRoad so it’s not impossible and you certainly don’t need 5k worth of mods to run 33s especially on a street jeep

I bought it this way and haven’t had a chance to dive into the suspension. But it rides nicely and takes bumps well and does all I ask it to OffRoad so it’s not impossible and you certainly don’t need 5k worth of mods to run 33s especially on a street jeep

Ok Jack. Have fun with that street Jeep

Sweet Jeep. I absolutely didn’t mean to disrespect. I’m all in for run what you brung.
I have a 04 Rubicon with 4.10 front and rear. I can’t imagine what 3.07 gears feel like. I drive 10 speeds all day so gearing is what it is. You don’t t know what you don’t know
I have the 3.73s. Sorry I forgot to mention that. It’s not a dog but also I wouldn’t call it acceptable either. My project rig is a 4runner on 32s with 4.56 and a 5speed stick. So I will agree that if I had the 3.07s I wouldn’t even think of 33s without a regear

Reactions: Thunderhead
I have the 3.73s. Sorry I forgot to mention that. It’s not a dog but also I wouldn’t call it acceptable either. My project rig is a 4runner on 32s with 4.56 and a 5speed stick. So I will agree that if I had the 3.07s I wouldn’t even think of 33s without a regear

Ah.The OP has 3.07 gears. My confusion

Reactions: RonJon5406
H

Ha I’m not sure whether it has or not. Need to check!

Report back. Let us know what gears you have. TJ Jeeps are amazing and will do crazy things.
I have a rubicon on 2 inch BB. My bump stops are barley there on stock springs. Do you ever disconnect your front sway bar ?

33s will not fit without 4” of lift. Take it to a different shop.

This is kind of an unfair oversimplification.

Firstly sorry the number of questions I’m asking. I’m admittedly a complete novice .

I’ve read on these forums all about 33’s and how they will not fit stock and require a lift or cutting etc.

That being said, I went to a wheel shop today and he looked over the Jeep, took measurements and said that 33’s would fit and that if anything I’d need wider flares.

Now I’m happy with this because I want 33’s but is this not possible? Btw, I understand about hearing implications and I haven’t yet found out what my current gearing is. Even if it’s 3.07 I’m willing to struggle with it before then regearing.

Thank you

View attachment 137614

View attachment 137615

Assuming that is stock as you alluded, 33s will not fit. There's no way to just take measurements in a shop without flexing the suspension, and even then you can't truly tell until real life application. I know.

You can probably fit 31/10.5 on the factory wheels. I believe those are the same wheels I had back in '08 when I put 31/10.5 MTRs on and they slightly rubbed the coil perches. And off road they tucked all the way, disco'd. There was no extra room.

Cheapest way/best compromise/best for dollar way to fit 33s in my opinion, is a 1" motor mount lift, 1.25" body lift, and 2.5" spring lift with shocks and appropriate backspaced wheels. That setup will tuck 33s all the way, with no extra room.

I'm not even touching gear ratios

edit: 33s might fit with stock suspension and tube fenders, and wheels. Maybe some trimming in the rear. Add a body lift and they would probably work well.

Last edited: